It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Street Talk - City opens back up next week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Most of Georgia is open (Rep. controlled). A lot of the city of Atlanta and their government is still shut down (Dem. controlled).

Unofficial word on the street is that everything goes back to normal next week.

The only scrap of evidence I have is that the famous Mary Mac’s Tea Room will open back up.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room

Seems like odd timing to me. With the spike in virus tests... I mean cases.

Why next week?

Hope the whole country does the same.

edit on 1-11-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Love Mary Mac's vegetables well at least I used to, heard they were bought recently...

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They were great, It's been years since I have ate there.

The owner is black and pretty high up in the dem party. They have been closed this whole time.

And now it opens up next week?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Of course it will all open back up.

Unfortunately for those on the left that own businesses nobody will go to them as they have already found new favorites that have catered to them for months now, without getting shamed or harassed....

The Atlanta police are sick of it as well.

Just happy I am in Sandy Springs and we have our own PD and they don't put up with the social justice nonsense from city of Atlanta.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sandy Spring is great.

I spend a lot of time there.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's been curious to me that even among a spike of new cases in our area our son's school district is saying they will not shut down district wide again unless forced to from outside and they are forming plans to re-integrate all upper school students back into full-time classes before the end of November. That's 21,000 kids and a little over 3,500 staff.

If cases are spiking, you'd think they'd be having issues somewhere, but they aren't.

And our martial arts practice group has been in full face-to-face since June. There are around 200 of us across all groups. That's a smaller sample size, but there has been 1 incident ... with cases spiking.

My morning exercise group has been full face to face nearly as long, and none of us have had any troubles either. You can hear the lock down fatigue setting in when they talk and they're all older than me.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was just down in Atlanta last weekend and really surprised at how lax everyone was with the mask wearing. In fact, it was the first time I had actually sat down and ate in a restaurant since everything shut down here in Chicago back in March.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I was just down in Atlanta last weekend and really surprised at how lax everyone was with the mask wearing.

It's been pretty lax down here the whole time.

Some in the City of Atlanta government tried to lock folks down. They didn't have much luck.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The current situation in Atlanta.

Latest COVID-19 information for metro Atlanta

Business and facilities

There is no longer a party maximum for groups at restaurants. Bars can now have up to fifty people or 35% of listed fire capacity. Salad bars and buffets can reopen with cafeteria style service. Atlanta’s mayor asked that no one have gatherings of 10 or more people on city property and rolled back voluntarily reopening to Phase 1.

Events

Conventions are allowed as of July 1 if they meet 21 state requirements. Live performance venues could also open on July 1 if the business complies with state criteria. The Atlanta Falcons say there will be about 10,000 seats available to home games once they decide to allow fans.

Schools

Many school districts are returning virtually for the start of the school year, while others have chosen to let families choose between in-person instruction and virtual learning. For a county-by-county list of when and how schools are returning

Citing COVID-19 case data, Atlanta Public Schools opts to remain online until January

According to the district’s reopening strategy posted to its website, the nine weeks of online-only instruction were to end Oct. 26, when Phase 2 was to begin and pre-kindergarten and special-needs students were to go back to school four days a week with one day of virtual learning. Phase 3, which was to start Nov. 16 (though it originally was to begin Nov. 2), was to include pre-K through fifth-graders plus sixth- through 12th-grade and special-needs students taking in-person classes four days a week with one day of online learning.

Phase 4, which was expected to begin Jan. 19 (though it originally was to commence Nov. 16), was to include all students going back to on-campus instruction unless they decide to opt to continue virtual classes. In all phases, students can take online classes. They have the option to have online instruction either with their own school or through Atlanta Virtual Academy.

The public health target data is more than 100 COVID-19 cases in Fulton County per 14-day average for Phase 1, with that number decreasing to six to 100 cases in Phases 2 and 3 and to 1 to 5 in Phase 4.

edit on 1-11-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join