It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Connery has passed away at 90

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just read it on spook book and have to say I’m a bit saddened to hear this, although he was 90, so had a good innings.

RIP 007.

www.bbc.com...

edit on 31/10/20 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
RIP Mr. Connery.
What a life.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
The man has a filmography that spans nearly 60 years, besides being referenced in movies and shows he was never in, but a few of my favorite characters (among others) he played was Juan Sánchez-Villalobos Ramírez in the Highlander and William of Baskerville in the Name of the rose.

Respects Mr. Connery.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Rest in peace Sean.

A lifetime of work and achievement.

Also, thank you for your service.

Connery was a veteran of the Royal Navy and served honorably. Just after the Second World War.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Aww...my favorite Scottish Russian Submarine Commander....

RIP

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"There can be only one. "
RIP

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I guess it’s time to get out my copy of zardoz...
Lol

It’s funny that he had some of the best bond movies but I liked roger Moore’s bond better.

Connery was in some great movies outside of the bond films.
Outland
Red October
Untouchables
Last crusade
Bridge to far

Truly a legend

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Rest in Peace Sean…
Stunned lil’ sad & reflective.
My favorite actor ever.
Lost treasure...

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Just read it on spook book and have to say I’m a bit saddened to hear this, although he was 90, so had a good innings.

RIP 007.

www.bbc.com...

WOw!!! this just popped up on my media feed, we lost another great one..
And what a body of work he left us all ...Rest In Power newly acquired ancestor. Sir Sean Connery.
edit on 31-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
RIP Sean Connery.

Absolutely a legend.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I will miss him. Bummer, but 90 is a good run by any estimation. He made so many great movies. I remember them all, but among them, liked his early sci-fi work, which is often overlooked. His sci-fi movies I liked are Zardoz, and Outland....

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He was the best 007. Just one of the coolest mofo's to ever grace the screen. Suave, debonair, classy... pimp of pimps.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So many roles
Here is his death scene from "The man who would be king"

edit on 31-10-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Super sad at the news, but he lived his life and his calling.

I had a DREAM:about a year ago-

I was having some car trouble in a small town but didn't know the name of it; so I made it to a dirt parking lot of sorts next to an Adobe 2 story building.

I had to pick up my mail any ways and was a bit frustrated as I got to the outside window to pick up my mail (werid right?!), after I chatted with the mail person telling him my delima for 10 mins, I turn around and saw SEAN CONNERY smiling at me!!!

Trust me, I was in shock and amazed, but kept my composure as much as I could and said "Gosh, I'm so sorry I took so long Mr....." He cut me off shanking his head grinning as to help him keep a low profile, standing by the Adobe railing and said"please, just Shawn"

So, I'm standing there as we briefly shook hands he said" I heard your having a bit of trouble with your car." I chuckled and said "yeah that thing is on its last legs I think". He smiled and leaned over a bit and said"don't worry about it, I took care of it" and gave me a wink. "You didn't have to, but a thx you from the bottom of my heart just doesn't seem to be enough" I replied.

All of the sudden, I hear "there you are!" coming from behind him, as he turned around he put him arm around a woman approaching us and he said "and this is my wife"as he introduced us then said "well, here's my number to my agent, please give them a call if you feel like stopping by for coffee or a glass of wine, we're super busy, but it was great to meet you, it's the baby blue one where yours was"

I was nearly crying as we shook hands and they turned to leave I look over at the mail guy and he was shocked and laughing.

As I turned the corner, there was a a baby blue 1960 ish BMW/Mercedes (?) sitting in the place of my old one, keys in the ignition!! Shawn Connery had given me his car he drove to pick up his mail, and he and his wife took a cab to finish their day. THE END

And I woke up with tears in my eyes! It was that real!

We all truly miss you Shawn, REST in Paradise as you deserve it my friend!

edit on 31-10-2020 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
So many roles
Here is his death scene from "The man who would be king"

one of favourites. Connery & Caine classic.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He played Sean Connery in every film he made and that's why we loved him , RiP Sean Connery I raise a glass to you tonight Sir.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
if ONLY way bond could have died on election day.
because it would have deflected some of the fake choas that will be reported by the ms-m.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
R.I.P
I bet he's banging bond girls in heaven.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Great Scotts!!...

Will always have Sir Sean Connery on the list of Great Scotts!!

(Sorry. I have been big brother for the last five weeks and these bad puns just show up! And if you smiled then big bro is doing his job!)

I actually liked the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie. There are blatant examples of the Knights Templar (even some Masonry!). All done with that twinkle in his eye!

As fan, I am saddened, but to hear that he was unwell for some time, it is a decent way to pass: 90, surrounded by family, in your sleep!

RIP, Sir Sean!

Thanks for all the movies that you were in! What a legend!!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
May he rest in peace, well rest is subjective may he be having a great time in heaven.

Best bond, Best Spaniard (Highlander it always tickled me a scot playing a Spaniard and a Frenchman playing a Scot).

Best mercenary treasure hunting freelancer in The Man Who Would Be King (an addictive movie with Michael Cain as his side kick and partner in crime).

Basically one of my favourite actors and unlike most of them it did not seem to go to his head.

And Gortex hit's it perfect he played himself in every role, had a domineering screen presence and charisma that had not been seen since the 40's and drew the audience in.

The ONLY bond that came close to matching his and it was very different indeed was Roger Moore (and Moore always had that mole that gave teenagers OCD and made them want to squeeze it like Austin Powers on Guacamole).

A sad Day but also a Happy one he passed after a good inning's at 90 and is I believe probably just finding out that life is a whole lot more than most down here think it is, the chain's of this world have fallen away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join