It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the propaganda works... a little too well

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
heard a story years ago
Soviet propaganda cast dire warnings of what might happen if Ronald Reagan became President.
it happened.
apparently a bunch of Soviet women were having panic attacks thinking RR was going to start WWNuke any day.
Soviet news had to tell all the babushkas not to worry so much.

I think we fail to realize the effect the media has on certain good-hearted but credulous people.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The media had some involvement, but mostly it was family and friends that pushed me to the dark side. Preaching all kinds of bs, like I didn't actually know them beyond the social media face.

My half black cousin calling me racist and saying that I hate her baby, because it was with an illegal. I pointed out at the time how Hillary recently received the Margaret Sanger award (the best reperesentative in the last 100 years they said) and about the Sanger's beliefs. Ironically now all the sudden P.P. went woke on her a tried to seperate themselves from her beliefs, not practices.

Then the way I saw the way they were treating people that didn't display pure hatred for the man. None of it made any sense to me. Anything you could say negatively about Trump, Hillary did or was involved in something just as bad while being a government official.

So many people that detest each others being rallied around the hate for one man, for what exactly being too bold? Progressives have always told me you can be anything while being yourself. I've heard the nonsense that you're racist if you say somebody sounds too stupid to do something if they talk ghetto, if they're a redneck or New Yorker apparently it's fair game.

You can't care about the enviroment and believe in grading on curves.

You can't believe in the enviroment and believe everyone should beable to do whatever they feel like and be overcompensated from those who buck up and do what they need to.

You can't gift someone an appreciation for themselves, that is earned.

All the bs the liberal progressives preached for so long fell apart immediately. I knew their ideas were not feasible, but it became evident so many of them knew it.

There are way too many reasons to list here, im rambling.
edit on 10/30/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Breaking family apart because of politics sucks. Was something that broke my fathers heart with his relationship with his father... and seemingly the cycle repeats.

a reply to: TheLead

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
You mean like when Trump first threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (January, 2019) because California doesn’t agree with his political views? Or when he threatened to withhold disaster declaration for Michigan because Michigan didn’t agree with his political views (March 2020)? Or when he again threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (August, 2020)?

Yes, except it wasn't due to a difference in political views, it was because they weren't properly managing their resources and wasting all of the money they were being given.

Trump decided to stop throwing good money after bad.

Is that the kind of Abnormal Thought Process you’re talking about?

No, that is the kind of sane and rational thought processes we're talking about.

See the difference? Oh, wait - sorry, I forgot I was talking to someone with TDS...

Never mind...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think there are propaganda principles being intentionally utilized and applied by the msm corporations. I mean few at the highest level of decision are fully aware and intentionally implementing brainwashing propaganda on unassuming American people. For example incessant emotional bombardment, portraying opposition as morally inferior to justify physical attacks and really abhorrent acts, selective covering of objective facts, different “lenses” used to describe conservatives vs liberals in the language, the tone, subtle and subliminal messages.
How about the run of the mill “journalists” working at these stations? I think they are mostly dupes, brainwashed themselves but at some point they have to be aware they are unprofessional at the minimum or unethical?
edit on 2-11-2020 by MariaT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MariaT

very very old propaganda practices
*demonize your enemy. during the crusades the church had posters and pictures painted of the evil turk and carried them town to town. done in every war since. google 'wwii poster' and see.
*selective reporting. concentrate on those who benefited from Obamacare, not the ones who are paying more and getting less. their story doesn't count.
*language. abortion RIGHTS; gun CONTROL.
*tone. note the smirks and eye rolls when the talk about Republicans and the wide-eyed sweetness vice versa.
*I don't think they care about professionalism. they are totally buying in to 'advocacy journalism'. they think the slant is the accepted standard.

I don't think the bigwigs are overtly doing this. over time progs have taken over the newsrooms and they hire those of similar world view. they don't go out and say 'let's do a story that makes the tea party look bad', they do a story on the tea party and its automatically negative. no one can imagine doing it different.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Thanks for the details on propaganda techniques. I am an engineer and didn’t care much about social studies, communication and such back in my college days...
Perhaps you’re right on not being a planned from the top as much as some kind of shift in journalism.
Than it is planned at academia to change the principles of a profession that much so to transform journalism into propaganda.
Anyways I am convinced that the msm propaganda machine is the broken fuse that’s going to bring our entire system down

edit on 2-11-2020 by MariaT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They are dangerously stupid & a direct threat to liberty

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join