It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the propaganda works... a little too well

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Recently, I had the displeasure of reading a post on our very own ATS by a member who is so full of hatred and bitterness that he said he would deny someone with a specific political view medical services that might save their life. What troubles me is that he is not alone. There is a growing segment of our population full of fear, hatred, bitterness, and self-loathing. They are being manipulated by corporate media and social platforms as well as "educational" institutions that care nothing about anyone's well-being. They only care about their agenda.

The following video is a sampling of a growing percentage of people who are increasingly out of touch with reality to varying degrees. Paranoia, cognitive dissonance, emotional and mental instability is incapacitating these people. We could end up with a sizeable percentage of a whole generation of people who simply cannot develop functional maturity and responsibility for themselves or anyone else.

Seriously folks, if you find yourself in this frame of mind, seek help and counseling. We here at ATS often have a good laugh at these videos, but this could become much more serious than any of us realizes.
edit on 10/28/2020 by Klassified because: spacing

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

People with such Abnormal Thought Processes should be Held by Law in Mental Institutions and Given Counseling . Dangers to Societies Norms Must be Addressed ASAP for the Good of All Others.........

edit on 28-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I love my mom. She is a CNN liberal. Totally 100% KOOL AID GULPING liberal. Trump hater extraordinaire. She gets angry when she talks about him. I try really hard not to rile her up. Today, I asked her if she knew anything about Biden's little mess. I was told it was all garbage, and none of it was true.

Not wanting to anger her, I told her, You can hate Trump with all you have, he can be everything you think he is, and the stuff about Biden could still have leggs. Would you be willing to have Biden as president even if he was compromised by China if it meant getting rid of Trump. She gleefully said yes.

As I said, I love my mom, and I don't let politics get in the way of family. But hearing that made me angry at the way her news consumption has twisted her logic and thinking.

The end of this election can't come soon enough.

edit on 28-10-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I love my mom. She is a CNN liberal. Totally 100% KOOL AID GULPING liberal. Trump hater extraordinaire. She gets angry when she talks about him. I try really hard not to rile her up. Today, I asked her if she knew anything about Biden's little mess. I was told it was all garbage, and none of it was true.

Not wanting to anger her, I told her, You can hate Trump with all you have, he can be everything you think he is, and the stuff about Biden could still have leggs. Would you be willing to have Biden as president even if he was compromised by China if it meant getting rid of Trump. She gleefully said yes.

As I said, I love my mom, and I don't let politics get in the way of family. But hearing that made me angry at the way her news consumption has twisted her logic and thinking.

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine the other day. He does not care about Biden's corruption. He even hinted that it sounds like it's probably real. He just doesn't care.

We've seen members here repeatedly say they don't care.

President owned by China? So what? Trump says mean stuff on Twitter, that's worse apparently.

These people are legitimately brain damaged.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Lifelong left leaning liberal who was going to vote Biden, despite knowing he was a corrupt swamp creature, until I really started to absorb the multi-pronged corporate media attack on Trump.

Trump really is a narcissist and a nepotist, and he's not draining the corruption as far as I can tell, but he isn't enabling the corporate war machine, nor the outsourcing of our manufacturing and has exposed the bias in our media. I asked myself if I was okay with the spin since it went with my views, and my answer is no... unbiased truth matters.

Weird election year.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

She is a smart lady. Very accomplished. it's the news media that has her. When she get's angry, it's all the old talking points, gabbing women's privates, being racist, no denouncing white supremacy. That's why I change the subject. I even agree with her that Trump is a dick.

They have done a real mind job on their people. Good decent people. they aren't the enemy, I just hope they don't get told that we are, at least to the extent that they incite more violence.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Lifelong left leaning liberal who was going to vote Biden, despite knowing he was a corrupt swamp creature, until I really started to absorb the multi-pronged corporate media attack on Trump.

Trump really is a narcissist and a nepotist, and he's not draining the corruption as far as I can tell, but he isn't enabling the corporate war machine, nor the outsourcing of our manufacturing and has exposed the bias in our media. I asked myself if I was okay with the spin since it went with my views, and my answer is no... unbiased truth matters.

Weird election year.

I wasn't a very big fan of Trump back in 2015/16. The constant attack from the media is what pushed me behind him.

I wonder how many other Trump voters the media has ironically created with their nonstop partisan bias.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is why I never bring up politics or religion in public unless the other person or persons have indicated that they are reasonable about a conversation.

If I encountered anything like that happening, I would give them a blankey and a teddybear if I had them, then call for help. I would be concerned they might hurt themselves or others.

Too many participation trophies and too few small disappointments before what they think is a big one.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I have had similar conversations. They usually end up doing the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying LA LA LA, I can't hear you or drown me out by talking over me.

I have one friend with whom I have had to make an agreement we don't talk about politics. She gets very upset, very fast. She can't understand why I would support Trump considering my views. Funny thing is, I have yet to find a conservative who acts this way.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

People with such Abnormal Thought Processes should be Held by Law in Mental Institutions and Given Counseling . Dangers to Societies Norms Must be Addressed ASAP for the Good of All Others.........

You mean like when Trump first threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (January, 2019) because California doesn’t agree with his political views? Or when he threatened to withhold disaster declaration for Michigan because Michigan didn’t agree with his political views (March 2020)? Or when he again threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (August, 2020)? Is that the kind of Abnormal Thought Process you’re talking about?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

My brother in law hates trump and Biden.
He voted for Jorgensen.
I asked what he like about Jorgensen and he didn’t know one single view of the lady.
I find that sad.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I almost wish Biden would win, just so those who support the progressive liberal fiasco can see how it ruins our country. They have not thought over the policies that the Democrats are proposing, especially the green new deal that Biden now says is Bidens new deal. I may be wrong, but I see the whole country coming tumbling down, history is going to be tossed to the wind, all of the tried and tested policies tossed aside as they spiral down the tubes. It is Wednesday, and the stock market is going down as lots of Republicans and billionaires pull their money out ahead of this election. You see, they know that if biden wins, they will pay a lot more taxes and pulling it out before the election assures they will not be caught in a major crash if biden wins. If Trump wins, they will reinvest and make money as it rises. Poor pensioners are going to lose a bundle if Biden gets in, they cannot move their money out that fast.

We do have some pretty secure stock, if AT&T goes bust, no stock is going to be worth anything, especially Amazon. You need a phone to place your order on Amazon, if that company goes down most of them will too.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I have had similar conversations. They usually end up doing the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying LA LA LA, I can't hear you or drown me out by talking over me.

I have one friend with whom I have had to make an agreement we don't talk about politics. She gets very upset, very fast. She can't understand why I would support Trump considering my views. Funny thing is, I have yet to find a conservative who acts this way.

Not only that but part of the reason they get so upset is they have no idea what your actual views are.

I remember reading about a social experiment done at a college where a professor had liberal and conservative students try to articulate the views of their political opposites.

The conservative students were able to describe the views of their liberal colleagues more or less to a T.

The liberal students completely misrepresented the views of the conservatives. You see this all the time, for example when they say we hate immigrants when all we want to do is stop illegal immigration.

I read that a few years ago and I've never been able to find it again. If this sound familiar to anyone and they know what it's from, I'd love to find it.
edit on 28 10 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I almost wish Biden would win, just so those who support the progressive liberal fiasco can see how it ruins our country.

The problem with that is they won't see it. They will be told by the media that it's all the Republicans' fault, and they won't think about it beyond that.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Funny Klass, I have noted your contempt for christians...but I do understand that, anyway

Quote the lady on the video
“I don’t have to smoke anything to be stupid” pretty funny

A lady friend of mine and remind I live in Australia, when she heard Trump was sick with covid
“I am not this kind of person but I really hope Trump dies”

Anyway, personally don’t get the drama...well having said that, my reaction of Hilary and her being President, would I have wished death on her, hmmm

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You mean like when Trump first threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (January, 2019) because California doesn’t agree with his political views? Or when he threatened to withhold disaster declaration for Michigan because Michigan didn’t agree with his political views (March 2020)? Or when he again threatened to withhold disaster relief for California wildfires (August, 2020)? Is that the kind of Abnormal Thought Process you’re talking about?

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but...You might want to dig a little deeper into those stories before making a judgement from a facebook post. It wasn't about political views, it was about responsibility.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I almost wish Biden would win, just so those who support the progressive liberal fiasco can see how it ruins our country.

The problem with that is they won't see it. They will be told by the media that it's all the Republicans' fault, and they won't think about it beyond that.

Well, it will be the rich and the Republicans fault. Including very rich Democrats that do stocks. They will crash the markets because of Bidens plans. People's IRAs and their stock porfolios will crash. One billionaire can crash the stock market if he has the right crew working for him, but it would take most of the resources of ten billionaires to fix his mess.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

And what political views are those?? The freedom of the american people are not political views, and withholding funding from states who's leaders are literally oppressing the american people with the forced destruction of their economies and the enabling of violent militancy by racist cults against people with light skin who love their country is a valid method.

Its pretty gross that you just repeat the lies by omission the terrorist media spits out with a statement like "because they disagree with his political views. "

ZOMBIE mind man, zombie mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Funny Klass, I have noted your contempt for christians...but I do understand that, anyway

You mistake contempt for an ideology as contempt for its adherents. I will argue religion with you until we are blue in the face, but if I see you hungry and cold, you'll be fed and warmed before bedtime. Most of my family are practicing Christians. I don't love them any less because of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I almost wish Biden would win, just so those who support the progressive liberal fiasco can see how it ruins our country. They have not thought over the policies that the Democrats are proposing, especially the green new deal that Biden now says is Bidens new deal. I may be wrong, but I see the whole country coming tumbling down, history is going to be tossed to the wind, all of the tried and tested policies tossed aside as they spiral down the tubes. It is Wednesday, and the stock market is going down as lots of Republicans and billionaires pull their money out ahead of this election. You see, they know that if biden wins, they will pay a lot more taxes and pulling it out before the election assures they will not be caught in a major crash if biden wins. If Trump wins, they will reinvest and make money as it rises. Poor pensioners are going to lose a bundle if Biden gets in, they cannot move their money out that fast.

We do have some pretty secure stock, if AT&T goes bust, no stock is going to be worth anything, especially Amazon. You need a phone to place your order on Amazon, if that company goes down most of them will too.

I'm glad you said "almost". If Biden wins I and my team will be out of work within a year. He and Harris will ruin the economy that was going great until Covid, thanks in large part to Trump's policies and reversals of Obama's orders.

What I'm hoping is that some on the Left will honestly look inside themselves and determine that the constant barrage of hate and abuse of power by the House and media is finally enough to open their eyes to the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join