It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed (again) until Dec. 10th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.pcgamer.com...

I've been hyping myself up the last couple weeks, getting ready to play this game on the 19th of November. I stopped paying attention to the game because of all the delays before this one. I gotta say, the game looks beautiful and truly immersive. The world looks like it has alot of soul. After playing the Witcher 3, I can't wait to see what the dev's have in store with this game. It will be a true RPG. And for those of you that have played the Witcher, the devs have said this game's quests will be wayyy better than the Witcher's, which is crazy.

Now I have been let down again. I just wanted to get my hands on it before the impending civil war

edit on 27-10-2020 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

NOooooooooo!
Dang, I thought we were good to go for launch.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So did I. The game just went Gold and they told people that they were good to take days off of work to enjoy the game. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That's actually not horrible news for me.

When the release was Nov. 17, I was going to be in the middle of my work cycle and not able to do more than mess with it for maybe an hour or so in the evenings for the first week or so. But if they aren't letting it go until Dec. 10, I will get a couple days with it to myself and my kid at school before I have to start the maybe an hour in the evening dance and work.

Of course, then Christmas break starts and I won't have any time with it where there are no little ears and eyes running around. Cyberpunk is decidedly NOT kid-friendly, and if he sees it, he'll think he needs to play it.
edit on 27-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I think I am better of with the delay, too. This game will definitely not be kid friendly LOL. Have you decided which path you are going to choose first? I am torn between Nomad and Corpo. Nomad seems cool because you start outside the city, but Corpo has that Bladerunner feel to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

While it's disappointing news 3 weeks isn't really a big deal given the time we've waited so far , perhaps I'll get Watchdogs 3 now which was a little to close to Cyberpunk's release for me to consider before.

Just don't delay it to Spring 2021 CDPR !

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I've seen the intros to the paths.

It's like pick your poison: Mad Max, BladeRunner, or Dark Angel.

I haven't really decided which way I'm going to go. If the game is good enough, I'll likely wind up playing it through more than once though, so I'll likely end up running each path.

The curious thing will be how much the styles can be mixed and matched - kitsch with a touch of neomilitant (or whatever it was ... I forgot), etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm sure I will play it through more than once, too. Hell, I still play Skyrim. Can't believe that is 9 years old now. I love how the game will be so different for everyone. Your choices effect everything. Be sure to get the game on GOG, all profits will go to CDPR. Plus it is DRM free.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Depending on how long the intro ends up being, I may do sort of what I did for Dragon Age and play it through once for all three and see which one clicks the most for me and pick up that thread first.

I'm not a FPS player, so I'll need the training anyhow to get used to the systems.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am playing Skyrim now for the first time. Unmodded. Have over 40 hours in and barely scratching the surface. LOVE IT!

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

oh man, I envy you. That game will suck you in. Just wait until you finish everything and get to the modding.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is actually a good idea. I may do that, but I like to live with my choices when I first play a game. I am glad that it is in first person, it will really make it more immersive imo

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That's the thing. If the intro for each background is different, then you can still do that. The trick will be recognizing when the common thread takes over so you can stop.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I am playing Skyrim now for the first time. Unmodded. Have over 40 hours in and barely scratching the surface. LOVE IT!

I played it for around 150 hours before I got sick of it.

So fun to plunge into caves and catacombs with the lights out

Back to the op: That game makes me wanna buy a console again. There's another game called "Kena" (Playstation's take on Zelda) coming out next year that may make me break down and get back into gaming.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

That game is going to suck anyway. I feel bad for kianu

new topics

top topics

join