It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three year old boy in Texas shoots and kills himself at his own birthday party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If its the parents fault as well?

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

What? What you said is the most confusing sentence I have ever read. I have no idea what you talkin' bout' bro.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: andy06shake

Make a mistake in a car that results in an accident in which someone dies then you get prosecuted.

The same rules shouldn't apply to guns because, well, they are guns and apparently the same principles shouldn't apply.

Its bizarre but when it comes to guns some people just lose all sense of reason.

People must be responsible for their own actions.

Wrong, make a mistake and someone dies, someone dies - its called an accident - willfully act in a dangerous or negligent matter and someone dies and it's a crime.

You don't know the situation or the details, what you do know is that city has law enforcment a DA and prosecutors and they are expected to correctly interpret the law - not your 1000 mile away views based on some words on a website.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

We do know some little kid died down to the mistake of a gun being dropped, unnoticed i may add on a floor.

By the way, the distance from the United Kingdom to the Americas is around 3422 miles, not 1000 or you are in the middle of the Atlantic. LoL
edit on 28-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent008

What? What you said is the most confusing sentence I have ever read. I have no idea what you talkin' bout' bro.

its a reference to a biblical quote. "First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."

Its only confusing if you have never studied the Christian bible, or had people who refer to it in your life.

The second part...im hoping you understand.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

If its the parents fault as well?

DId the parents allow a loaded gun to lay on the floor? If they did, then yes...its their fault. But since i would guess the gun was not registered to them, they are not responsible for it.

I have a lot of guns. More than the people in my house could use at once. We also have children over, and i have raised 2 sons. None of them have taken possession of one and caused harm. There is a reason for this. And no, i do not lock them all up in a gun safe. The one i carry has 1 in the pipe at all times. Its a risk I manage, quite succesfully.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I honestly don't know what's going on in some people's head's anymore.

Its not like some guy had lost his comb;
"Hey Johnny, put that comb down you don't know where its been".

IT'S. A. LOADED. GUN.

Have you guys become so anesthetised to gun deaths?

No-one is talking about the rights and wrongs of gun ownership - its a pretty much moot point here - but siurely you recognise and ascknowledge that with gun ownership there comes a responsibility.

Why would someone take a loaded gun to a 3 years olds birthday party in the first place?

Regardless of that, surely the gun owner should have ensured it was on his body at all times?
He didn't and a 3 year old child is dead!

That isn't an accident.
It is gross negligence, criminal negligence or something like that.

A person doesn't have to live in the USA to see and understand that.

Dropping a plate or a bit of cutlery is an accident.....losing a loaded gun at a kids party is much, much more.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I honestly don't know what's going on in some people's head's anymore.

Its not like some guy had lost his comb;
"Hey Johnny, put that comb down you don't know where its been".

IT'S. A. LOADED. GUN.

Have you guys become so anesthetised to gun deaths?

No-one is talking about the rights and wrongs of gun ownership - its a pretty much moot point here - but siurely you recognise and ascknowledge that with gun ownership there comes a responsibility.

Why would someone take a loaded gun to a 3 years olds birthday party in the first place?

Regardless of that, surely the gun owner should have ensured it was on his body at all times?
He didn't and a 3 year old child is dead!

That isn't an accident.
It is gross negligence, criminal negligence or something like that.

A person doesn't have to live in the USA to see and understand that.

Dropping a plate or a bit of cutlery is an accident.....losing a loaded gun at a kids party is much, much more.

I love my guns. You can pry them from my cold dead hands. But yes you are correct. Gun ownership comes with the power of life and death and every responsible owner knows this. This was not a responsible owner and he must face the law. There is no controversy here. Other members just seem to want to get a rise out of you.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
it was an accident ......that was totally preventable happened because of someones negligence...everyone at this party will have to live with the horror of what happened...especially the other children that were there

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Kurokage

Yes its unfortunate,but carrying a gun without being able to instantly use it is stupid as well. Oh hold up a second mr robber while i chamber this bullet ok?

It was just a accident,and no charges should be filed. the guilt alone will punish them enough.

(post by gflyg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gflyg

Human i think.

Whats race got to do with anything?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I was going to insert the word double-action, then you don't need to have one chambered to react quick. I heard the argument it takes off precision but really, if it matters if the firearm is ready for usage in that short amount of time, we talk about close contact and then a nice 50m grouping is the least of my concerns.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Sounds fishy..... Even my tiny novelty one shot pistola, I would have noticed if that fell out of my pocket. How do you not notice?

That obvious the story that they made... idiots. RIP little person.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First of all, who brings a GUN to a 3 year old's birthday party, even a concealed carry??? Was the arrangement a gang related's hangout or something in that matter? I have never heard of anyone brining a gun to a small childs birthday party unless your dealing with maffiosas or terrorists! I dont think this story is correct, it's missing out a lot!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Guy carries pistol in pocket to children's birthday party?

Fell out of the pocket unnoticed and had to be with with a round in the chamber and the safety off? At a 3 year old kids birthday party? And the child was left alone long enough to find it and shot himself?
It's a sad world...

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Man this is absolutely terrible. I can’t even bring myself to imagine how difficult this must be for the parents. May God bless everyone involved
a reply to: Kurokage

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 30-1-2021 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join