It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unnoticed Timing of Ordinary Events

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Today I was doing my part time job, nothing important, food delivery. It was a low day and after a few services, I decided to go home.

It's hard to find a parking spot in my block. Surprisingly, one nice spot was waiting for me, an old lady from couple of houses away was there, something was bothering her.

She told me one little dog from a house down the corner runaway and his son was trying to catch him.

By the other side of the street one big truck with loud music came in just in that exact moment, the driver saw him and used the horn to make even more noise, preventing the dog to escape that way.

Several neighbors came out, a young lady charmed the little guy enough to make him stop. She looked at me like saying "your move".

If I was a young guy that'll be the perfect moment to play the hero and get a phone number, but I'm old and all I wanted is to open my door praying that nobody was using the restroom because as you may know, we old men need to pee a lot. I really thought I could wet my pants if I join the rescue.

The urge suddenly ceased, I had a shot and I took it. Crossed the street and grabbed the dog. This little guy showed his sharp teeth, everybody else was like "Hell no".

He stroke me 3 times, I felt the pain described well by Johnny Cash in "Hurt". Finally lifted him with one hand behind his head and the other by his belly.

The urge came back, I didn't want to look stupid with a mean little dog and my pants wet. So I started screaming, "Someone tell the owner to come right now and take the dog, NOW !!!"

Another old lady got him and thank me, I totally ignored everybody around and run for the restroom. That's when I noticed I was bleeding from my right hand.

Then a neighbor cat came to me and started walking between my legs like when they want you to pet them. He probably saw me with the dog in my arms and said "Why not me too".

I'm just glad that I made it, my daughter patched me with couple of band aids. I ended up looking like a hero anyway, but for my daughter. I feel rewarded.

Thank you little mean dog, you came in the right moment and you made this day special for me.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very nice story

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
You probably are aware of this but you might want to get rabies shots if you were bit by a dog, domestic tame critter or no. Better safe than sorry.

That aside, impressive work!

edit on 17-10-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
You probably are aware of this but you might want to get rabies shots if you were bit by a dog, domestic tame critter or no. Better safe than sorry.

That aside, impressive work!

I thank you for the warning. Tomorrow I'll pass by the dog's home to see if he didn't get sick for biting me. Kidding.

He was scared by all the people trying to catch him, that's why he reacted like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Then a neighbor cat came to me and started walking between my legs like when they want you to pet them. He probably saw me with the dog in my arms and said "Why not me too".

The cat sensed you were in urinary distress and was attempting to prolong your misery.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

oday I was doing my part time job, nothing important, food delivery. It was a low day and after a few services, I decided to go home.

You can just go home when it's slow? Wow that would be nice!

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

oday I was doing my part time job, nothing important, food delivery. It was a low day and after a few services, I decided to go home.

Yeah. Just turn off the app and you won't have more service requests. I do it only on my free time and not too tired.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Bit off topic, but how does it work? Who do you use? Having mental health issues make employment difficult especially with the 2020 going on, I figured since I drive so much that I could just do deliveries.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

It's called Uber Eats. But there are other similar apps too. I feel comfortable with this one, you can cash your earnings on spot. Good luck !

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yeah. Just turn off the app and you won't have more service requests. I do it only on my free time and not too tired.

Nice where do I join

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Nice where do I join

First you should find out if it's available in your area. Use google to find out. Then you have to apply and follow the steps they will indicate.
edit on 17-10-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join