It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof the Earth is Round NOT Flat!

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
If you missed it… “ The drops fall down the window only when they're too heavy for the adhesive forces to keep them in place (when the gravitational force pulling them down is greater than the adhesive force holding them up).”

You imply it’s a function of time, which is total BS.

The drop only falls when it gains sufficient mass to create enough weight from the downward pull created by gravity. When enough water pools in the drop.

Yes, it only falls after that, which is a function of time, right?

Please get your story straight before you post it.

Mass cannot overcome a force. It’s not a force. Only gravity acting on mass gives mass weight.

I'm aware mass is not a force, nor does it 'need' to be a force.

Mass certainly does overcome forces, all the time. Grab a 200 lb. block with your own 'force', and see how long your force overcomes the mass of the block. Done.

There simply is NO magical force called 'gravity', it's a made up fairy tale force, they HAD to invent, to support their whole ball Earth BS story, and another non-existent force, to support the FIRST non-existent force. Simply layer upon layer of total BS, stacked up into one massive pile of crap, which stinks to high heaven!

Only YOU have to invent non-existent 'forces' to make your ball Earth story work, and it STILL fails miserably, with 2 non-existent forces in it! You cannot ever accept that there is no force which 'pulls down' objects to Earth, that there is not ANOTHER force which 'lifts objects up' into air, and makes objects float/sink/rise within water, despite the fact all of this is explained by their RELATIVE DENSITIES!

They start by pointing out one object has less density than air or water, and that it rises in air or water, and point out subs float, sink, and rise up in water due to being less or more dense than water.....

In every single case, they point out it is due to their relative DENSITIES.

NOTHING MORE IS NEEDED to explain all of this. No magical forces needed, no convoluted, conflicting arguments, no lame excuses for non-existent forces needed...no more BS.

Except they ignore the fact everything was due to relative densities, and plug in magical non-existent forces for it instead, to support the ball Earth garbage.

No wonder it reeks so much...

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

If it’s about “density”. Why would hanging 10 tons of feathers in a fabric basket off a 200 lbs hanging scale (as in the scale is only rated to weight 200 lbs) cause the steel spring to stretch straight and break?

I guess you don't know that density is mass x volume, because you wouldn't be deliberately trying to look stupid, right?

10 tons of feathers, or anything, is a lot of mass, the volume of the basket isn't going to matter here, because the scale will not have a chance of holding it!

Same as a 200 ton ship floats on water, being less dense than the water is. Mass and volume of the ship is less dense than water, so it floats.

Easy to understand, no?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What do you think causes a HELIUM BALLOON to rise upward into the air? The balloon itself has more mass and density than air, but when filled with a gas like helium, it has LESS mass and density than air does, so that's why it RISES in air, instead of falling down through the air, like most objects do.

Thanks for proving my argument.
a reply to: turbonium1

I just knew you were going to say this I sort of set a trap curious if you would fall in. Why does a helium balloon float? Because of gravity oh you didn't see that coming did you?

Gravity causes the air at the ground to be denser than the air that is higher. In other words the higher you go the thinner the air gets. Helium is called a "lighter than air" gas, because it is less dense than air. Helium balloons rise because of a force called buoyancy. Yes, the same force that causes boats to float. This is what I meant by according to you we should be able to increase air pressure and cause things to float. But reality doesn't work that way because gravity is still there to restrain them. So the only reason helium rises are because gravity causes air to be denser at ground level.

Hardly a valid comparison, even though I know what you're trying to say - that we are able to ignore/block out constant stimuli, like a noise or smell, when around them long enough, or every day. However, we still DO smell and hear them, no matter HOW long we're around them. We can only 'block them out' to various degrees.

Your body knows when something changes if it's constantly there is just thinks that's normal. There are a couple of times where we can confuse our brain into feeling gravity. And everyone has done this you feel it when you fall such as a roller coaster that feeling you get is your brain registering something is missing (namely that pull towards the earth). The other time is go swimming for 30 minutes then get out of the water you feel so much heavier that is your body feeling gravity on your joints as you stand.

edit on 7/18/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Sorry to be a pain but you still haven't attempted to explain your tidal 'theory'.

As far as I can make out you have alleged/believe that earth land masses somehow float on a body of ocean water.
These land masses bob up and down in this body of water and the displaced water causes the tides.
We can somehow predict when these land masses bob up and down, by how much and exactly how much water they displace as we can predict these tides and how high/low they will be, wherever they occur all around the world, with alarming accuracy.

But as of yet we have absolutely no explanation of how these land masses float in water and what causes them to rise up and down in this body of water.

'Don't know, God did it' isn't really an acceptable answer.

As a slight aside; what does the body of ocean water rest on?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Gravity causes the air at the ground to be denser than the air that is higher. In other words the higher you go the thinner the air gets. Helium is called a "lighter than air" gas, because it is less dense than air. Helium balloons rise because of a force called buoyancy. Yes, the same force that causes boats to float. This is what I meant by according to you we should be able to increase air pressure and cause things to float. But reality doesn't work that way because gravity is still there to restrain them. So the only reason helium rises are because gravity causes air to be denser at ground level.

Assuming your magical force DID exist, it would 'pull down' ALL of the air above Earth to the surface, so it already fails to work... not that it ever did, anyway!

Another problem - you claim 'gravity' is the same at sea level, as it is atop a huge mountain, like Everest, right?

But there is far less air atop Everest than at sea level, yet you claim gravity is the same for both of them, and that it 'pulls down' most of the air near to Earth's surface!

You couldn't claim there's more air near the surface because of 'gravity', even if it DID exist!

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sorry to be a pain but you still haven't attempted to explain your tidal 'theory'.

As far as I can make out you have alleged/believe that earth land masses somehow float on a body of ocean water.
These land masses bob up and down in this body of water and the displaced water causes the tides.
We can somehow predict when these land masses bob up and down, by how much and exactly how much water they displace as we can predict these tides and how high/low they will be, wherever they occur all around the world, with alarming accuracy.

But as of yet we have absolutely no explanation of how these land masses float in water and what causes them to rise up and down in this body of water.

It rests on land, deep below it.

Anyway, I don't have a theory for the tides, I mentioned someone who did have this theory, which seemed to make sense to me, so far.

All I DO know for sure, is that it is NOT explained by 'gravity' from the moon and/or Sun, for several reasons, so that's why I'm looking into other theories for it, one of which I posted, but I've yet to look into the whole issue.

It's better to say you don't know what causes the tides, or don;t know for sure what causes them, than to keep claiming 'lunar gravity' or whatever causes it, because that's complete BS. Even if 'gravity' DID exist, it doesn't work. Lies upon lies don't solve sh&(t, and never will.

I've not looked into the theory I mentioned in depth, but hope to soon, among other theories as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You

Yes, it only falls after that, which is a function of time, right?

Please get your story straight before you post it.

My facts have always been in order…

Again..

Adhesives (glues)

www.explainthatstuff.com...

Next time it rains, watch how the water behaves. See how the rain naturally clumps into droplets (because of cohesion), which remain on the glass (because of adhesion). The drops fall down the window only when they're too heavy for the adhesive forces to keep them in place (when the gravitational force pulling them down is greater than the adhesive force holding them up).

If you missed it… “ The drops fall down the window only when they're too heavy for the adhesive forces to keep them in place (when the gravitational force pulling them down is greater than the adhesive force holding them up).”

You need to answer in some coherent and intelligent manner why a hanging spring scale works.

You

But it can't 'pull down' anything,

Then how does a hanging spring scale work?

A spring scale or spring balance or newton meter is a type of mechanical force gauge or weighing scale. It consists of a spring fixed at one end with a hook to attach an object at the other. It works by Hooke's Law, which states that the force needed to extend a spring is proportional to the distance that spring is extended from its rest position. Therefore, the scale markings on the spring balance are equally spaced.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Evidently when an object is placed on a hanging scale, gravity pulls on it to create a force where Hooke’s law can be used to make weight measurements. So, yes. On earth. Gravity does pull down. Can overcome the forces of adhesion and cohesion. Is a force where Hooke’s law can be applied to make accurate and reproducible weight measurements using a hanging spring scale.

edit on 18-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You

Assuming your magical force DID exist, it would 'pull down' ALL of the air above Earth to the surface, so it already fails to work... not that it ever did, anyway!

Not according to the gas laws.

Gas laws, laws that relate the pressure, volume, and temperature of a gas. Boyle’s law—named for Robert Boyle—states that, at constant temperature, the pressure P of a gas varies inversely with its volume V, or PV = k, where k is a constant. Charles’s law—named for J.-A.-C. Charles (1746–1823)—states that, at constant pressure, the volume V of a gas is directly proportional to its absolute (Kelvin) temperature T, or V/T = k. These two laws can be combined to form the ideal gas law, a single generalization of the behaviour of gases known as an equation of state, PV = nRT, where n is the number of gram-moles of a gas and R is called the universal gas constant. Though this law describes the behaviour of an ideal gas, it closely approximates the behaviour of real gases. See also Joseph Gay-Lussac.

www.britannica.com...

If there was no gravity, and a dime over the earth. The gas pressure on earth should be uniform throughout altitude. The pressure would be the same at sea level, at 10,000 feet of altitude, and so on.

The fact the atmosphere decreases in pressure with an increase in altitude shows there is a thing as gravity.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You

it would 'pull down' ALL of the air above Earth to the surface,

But gravity tries. That is why the pressure of atmosphere and atmosphere is most dense at sea level.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You

Anyway, I don't have a theory for the tides, I mentioned someone who did have this theory, which seemed to make sense to me, so far.

And yet. Gravity results in a predictable mathematical model and is the best and most readable explanation.

You ever think gravity actually causes the tides.
edit on 18-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

And the argument is more than just tides…

Answer the question turbo

You

But that wouldn't work, because they'd also have to explain why the waters of Earth don't spill off it's edges.

Funny? If the earth is “flat”, what causes tides.

And not only tides. What causes rivers to have water flow backwards from the ocean up the river in ten foot waves. A think called a tidal bore?

Bird Point Bore Tide Table | Beluga Point Bore Tide Table

The bore tide is a spectacular sight, a wave up to 10 feet high, that thunders into Turnagain Arm just south of Anchorage in the right tide conditions. You can easily see this dramatic show of nature’s power from the Seward Highway using our guidelines below.

What Are Bore Tides?
The bore tide is a rush of seawater that returns to a shallow and narrowing inlet from a broad bay. Bore tides come in after extreme minus low tides created by the full or new moon.

Bore tides occur all over the world—there are around 60 of them—but only a few are large enough to make a name for themselves. One in China, for example, stretches almost 30 feet tall and travels more than 20 miles per hour. Alaska’s most famous bore tide occurs in Turnagain Arm, just outside Anchorage. It builds up to 6 – 10 feet tall and can reach speeds of 10 to 15 miles per hour. It takes not just a low tide but also about a 27-foot tidal differential (between high and low tide) for a bore to form in Turnagain Arm.

www.alaska.org...

You also have to address tidal bores, and why the tide causes some rivers to get a wave of water the flows upstream at predictable time intervals that corresponds to the moon’s movements.

And why places on earth can have changes in seal level as high as 10 or twenty feet between low and high tide.
edit on 18-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

changes in seal level damn them seals. Biden is that you i saw your speech on klu klux clams. nothng worse then stacking seals and racist clams. Ok sorry i saw seal level and you made me shoot coffee out my nose. I know it was a typing error but it was funny I imagined seals stacking up on beaches when the moon is overhead.
edit on 7/18/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: neutronflux

changes in seal level damn them seals. Biden is that you i saw your speech on klu klux clams. nothng worse then stacking seals and racist clams. Ok sorry i saw seal level and you made me shoot coffee out my nose. I know it was a typing error but it was funny I imagined seals stacking up on beaches when the moon is overhead.

I really need to invest in bifocal glasses….

At least the flat earth threads are amusing

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been trying to find where it says the Earth is flat in the new and old testaments. I can't find any reference to anything specific. These fruitcakes been wasting their time.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: Freeborn

It rests on land, deep below it.

All I DO know for sure, is that it is NOT explained by 'gravity' from the moon and/or Sun, for several reasons, so that's why I'm looking into other theories for it, one of which I posted, but I've yet to look into the whole issue.

It's better to say you don't know what causes the tides, or don;t know for sure what causes them, than to keep claiming 'lunar gravity' or whatever causes it, because that's complete BS. Even if 'gravity' DID exist, it doesn't work. Lies upon lies don't solve sh&(t, and never will.

I've not looked into the theory I mentioned in depth, but hope to soon, among other theories as well.

Ah, so you're going to get those theories as laughably wrong as you've gotten this one. Thanks, I always need a good laugh.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Hello Turbo.

You

It’s not theory how a hanging spring scale works.

It literally falls under Hooke’s law

Hooke's Law

brilliant.org...

How can Hooke's law be used to determine the mass of an object?
Given a Hookean spring of spring constant
k
k, fix one end of the spring to the ceiling and the other end to the object. In equilibrium, the spring force will balance the downward force of gravity on the object, which allows computation of the mass
m
m from the displacement
x
x of the spring.

Gravity exerts a force Fg=mg downward proportional to the mass m.

m of the object, which is perfectly matched by the spring force
Fs =−kx in equilibrium, where the negative sign indicates that the spring force acts in the opposite direction. The mass is obtained by setting these forces equal:

m= kx/g . □

If there is no gravitational force, then what makes the spring in a hanging spring scale extend when a weight is placed on it? And what is going on to give an accurate weight.
edit on 21-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Work Done By Gravity

byjus.com...

Gravity is defined as the force that attracts a body towards the earth or towards any other physical body having mass.

If a particular object is falling, the particle is bound to point in the direction of gravity. The magnitude of the falling body depends on the mass, gravitational constant and height from which it is falling.

The work done by gravity is given by the formula,

Wg = -mg(∆ h)

Where,

m = mass,

g = gravity,

h= height

The negative sign shows that the particle is dropping from a height Δ h vertically in the direction of gravity.

If θ is the angle made when the body falls, the work done by gravity is given by,

W = m g h cosθ

Where the theta is the angle made when the body falls.

Solved Examples
Example 1

A 15 kg box falls at angle 25 ∘ from a height of 10 m. Determine the work done by gravity.

Solution:

Given:

Mass m = 10 kg,

angle =

The work done by gravity formula is given by,

W = mgh cos θ

W = 15 × 9.8 × 10× This is the rendered form of the equation. You can not edit this directly. Right click will give you the option to save the image, and in most browsers you can drag the image onto your desktop or another program.

=15 × 9.8 × 10×0.9063

= 1332 J

Therefore, the work done by gravity is 1332 J.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Funny.

I can cite formulas that use values for mass and gravity, and they result in accurate reliable calculations that apply to real world situations.

Funny, they seem to not be dependent on density.

Like the below?

Converting Between Potential Energy and Kinetic Energy

courses.lumenlearning.com...

Gravitational potential energy may be converted to other forms of energy, such as kinetic energy. If we release the mass, gravitational force will do an amount of work equal to mgh on it, thereby increasing its kinetic energy by that same amount (by the work-energy theorem). We will find it more useful to consider just the conversion of PEg to KE without explicitly considering the intermediate step of work. (See Example 2.) This shortcut makes it is easier to solve problems using energy (if possible) rather than explicitly using forces.

More precisely, we define the change in gravitational potential energy ΔPEg to be ΔPEg = mgh, where, for simplicity, we denote the change in height by h rather than the usual Δh. Note that h is positive when the final height is greater than the initial height, and vice versa. For example, if a 0.500-kg mass hung from a cuckoo clock is raised 1.00 m, then its change in gravitational potential energy is

m
g
h
=
(
kg
)
(
m/s
)
(
m
)

=
kg

m
/s
=
J
mgh = (0.500 kg)(9.80
m/s
)(1.00 m) = 4.90 kg⋅
m
/s
=4.90 J

Note that the units of gravitational potential energy turn out to be joules, the same as for work and other forms of energy. As the clock runs, the mass is lowered. We can think of the mass as gradually giving up its 4.90 J of gravitational potential energy, without directly considering the force of gravity that does the work.

Exactly where was the term density in the calculation to covert potential energy of gravity to kinetic energy?

edit on 21-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
78 pages and still ZERO proof of a flat earth 🤣

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

If there is no such thing as gravity, and only density. Why don’t bridges have density limits instead of weight limits?

Why do bridges and building floors have weight limits, if there is no gravity.

Flat earth lies could be a dangerous ignorance.

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join