It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof the Earth is Round NOT Flat!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Yep, was too focused on the detail of the clouds, and forgot the way bigger picture. A problem I seem to have a lot really. Something will usually come along and slap me upside the head to reset the perspective though lol

Just relax and allow.
Then wonder and marvel at your existence.

You are built for this.

No one's perfect and we all have flaws and limits as individual beings. We are at different places psychologically.

But you are 1/infinitely a slice of God tho.

Did you notice 1 divided by infinity is the same as infinity divided by infinity or any number divided by infinity?

They are all the same number.
The Undefined Number.

It's every number and possibly none of them.

I don't believe anyone is incapable of thinking deeply. It's our nature but we must embrace it.
Our culture rejects our nature.

Like I said a min ago - If I could fix my own stupid finally than I could fix anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have accepted that the earth is like the globe I have in the basement. I really am not that concerned if it isn't because it really isn't worth squabbling over it. If someone wants to believe it is flat, they are entitled to your beliefs as long as they do not try to shove their beliefs down my throat. We have freedom of religion here, and religion deals with beliefs. Not worth even discussing when I don't even know for sure if the reality we are living in is truly real in the first place. I know our reality is structured by consensus of the time which is based on beliefs including the society we live in, what we are conditioned to believe, and the interpretations of science which are often flawed by desire for money and prestige. What was said to be real forty years ago has changed a lot, and not always to the better.

I can see the horizon, I can see the sun setting and how it lights the sky before it rises. The world was known to be round before powerful kings mad it flat. They were gaining wealth by trading and did not want people building their own ships and making money. Plus the Queen of spain also did not take baths, I am glad delusional people like her are rare.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: muzzleflash

If you look at ANY Moon or Planet through a telescope or otherwise, then you will see that they are round. So, why would the Earth be different?

Telescopes cost money. A lot usually.

I aimed for the Free to Play version for this thread.

Cost zero cents.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Infinity = Undefined = Unimaginable

So "God = Invisible" and tons of stuff I cannot comprehend conceptualize or convey no matter how far I go trying.

Ok I gotta bail cya later everyone.
Was fun!

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I can't believe there is 120 pages in that flat earth thread you posted below!!!!!!! that just...... I can't even...... it boggles the mind!!!!!

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: muzzleflash

yeah but in the case of flat earthers.... all you can do is give up...

you can't fix stupid

I will fix stupid and make it half decent.

I bet it's easy but I'm stupid so I gotta fix me first.

If I can fix my stupid, I can fix literally anything.

You too.

sample...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
I can't believe there is 120 pages in that flat earth thread you posted below!!!!!!! that just...... I can't even...... it boggles the mind!!!!!

originally posted by: muzzleflash

yeah but in the case of flat earthers.... all you can do is give up...

you can't fix stupid

I will fix stupid and make it half decent.

I bet it's easy but I'm stupid so I gotta fix me first.

If I can fix my stupid, I can fix literally anything.

You too.

sample...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

like i said... you can't fix stupid

you should see some of the replies that turbo guy has given.... shocking people that dumb actually exist

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

good one bro...

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
removed.
2nd line
edit on 15-10-2020 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
the evidence for a flat earth overwhelms you globe goblins.

you people disgust me.

Sarcasm I hope?

If not.

List that proves flat earth is the lie...

Distance to the sun measured by parallax

The way comets pivot around the sun.
Solar and lunar eclipses.
Comets pulled into the sun or Jupiter.

Over the horizon radar
Skywaves
Why shortwave has greater broadcast areas than ground FM
Why increasing antenna hight increases broadcast area
The sun sets over the horizon
The seasons
Why certain constellations are only seen from specific hemispheres
Retrograde travel of planets in the sky
Equatorial mounts for telescopes
Why Mars is closer to the earth at times then farther away
Visible man made objects orbiting the earth that were not there in the sky 100 years ago
Satellite TV
You can actually sail around the world
Airplane flight paths in the Southern Hemisphere
Eratosthenes of Cyrene measures circumstance of the earth around 249 BC
Earth's Curvature and Battleship Gunnery
Phases of Venus
Third party verification of Sputnik
Third party verification of moon missions
Third party / amateur verification of satellites in the hundreds. If not thousands
Star parallax
Earth based photos of the International Space Station.
Map projection
Great Circle paths
Long bridges and tunnels need to take in account the earth is curved.
Geodetic Survey.
Bouguer anomaly/survey

It only takes one item from the list being true to prove the earth is spherical...,,.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So you're saying the sun doesn't move in and out of the flat disc during the course of the day, from the center dot to the ice mountain containment-circle edge, this reflecting at different angles at "sunrise" and "sunset."

Just kidding, thank goodness. In only this sense (shape of Earth), I'm a globalist

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And still they persist even after one of their gods is struck down by reality. Flat earth = my brain hurts

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Wow it's like Christmas in here, and you're Santa bringing all the presents!!

Ty for making that list.
And you got it, only one needs to be right.

Most of those admittedly are quite esoteric and complicated for the average person like calculating parallax.

That's why I posted the OP was both to offer what I think is the most simple reasoning without any complexity or difficulty and share the methodology.

The free to play version that requires only 1 step of logic to achieve and can be independently verified by even the most obtuse among us without any struggle.

It simply cannot get more obvious lol.
edit on 10/15/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
And still they persist even after one of their gods is struck down by reality. Flat earth = my brain hurts

I didn't know he died.

If you study manned rocketry through history you will discover it has been full of countless accidents and still to this day the top agencies still lose rockets regularly to accidents.

It is just part of the technological paradigm when you are essentially strapping your body on a giant bomb hoping you can stay in control.

Sigh...

If only I could have reached him in time, maybe I could have convinced Mike to not get in the cockpit that day?

Well ... Maybe my efforts now will help the living and we can change the course to something better...

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

So you're saying the sun doesn't move in and out of the flat disc during the course of the day, from the center dot to the ice mountain containment-circle edge, this reflecting at different angles at "sunrise" and "sunset."

Just kidding, thank goodness. In only this sense (shape of Earth), I'm a globalist

For the sake of the mental exercise this morning (and yes I got my coffee), let's ponder what you jokingly said.

If the sun rises from the central point (north pole) than all locations far north would be able to view this.

Also, the sun would rise in the north and set in the south I'm thinking? So Alaska would be insanely bright in the morning and get pitch dark every night until the fireball rose out of the central point again to start a new day.

In addition to all that, the southern point where the sun sets isnt defined properly. Which angle does it approach Antarctica from? Along Argentina or along South Africa or along Australia?

It can only traverse along 1 route (with seasonal tilting) so one of these nations would be complete daylight at 6pm while the other side of the disc would be complete night at that time.

And in fact the night side would almost never see light except for a brief moment every morning as the sun rose from center than disappeared on its route to the other side.

Look at the flat earth projection.
The sun from center can only go to one of the edges and then it must repeat that.

So Argentina would always have full days while Madagascar would barely have 3 to 5 hours of light per day at best, probably less as the sun would never traverse over this whole side of the earth ever....

From a north south path too mind you, which definitely isn't agreeing with my maps or compass. It's East West for sure lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I like to study culinary techniques, guitar and the game of go. I think rocketry is definitely out of my wheelhouse. Hahaha.

I am pretty depressingly bad at maths but I sure someone who isn’t could figure out what geometric shape it would take our sun to be for it to light a disc or moving disc in the way our sun lights our mostly spherical planet.
edit on 15-10-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Spelt pharaoh wrong

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Is it not all just perception ?

For me : my tummy is flat.
For my woman : my tummy is spherical.

Perception !!

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Didn't realize that you were so easy to convince ?

Have you eliminated all possibilities of albedo ? Ex : Sun-glitter, refraction, Northern lights, etc...

Maybe next time you perceive the sun as below the clouds : you could race towards the sun, until you see it, and then take a picture of the sun underneath the clouds for us ?

Cool corkscrew clouds !

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Didn't realize that you were so easy to convince ?

Have you eliminated all possibilities of albedo ? Ex : Sun-glitter, refraction, Northern lights, etc...

Maybe next time you perceive the sun as below the clouds : you could race towards the sun, until you see it, and then take a picture of the sun underneath the clouds for us ?

Cool corkscrew clouds !

There is no way to consider all possibilities.
Our minds are not aware of countless things.

I did however take time to appreciate the possibilities we discuss and talk about as best I could in a short time frame.

I've never seen an Aurora in person and you just inspired me, I wanna go to Canada or Alaska now.

I won't go chasing the sun but I'll definitely take some pics of an Auroral show if I ever see it.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Is it not all just perception ?

For me : my tummy is flat.
For my woman : my tummy is spherical.

Perception !!

Perception of what?

How you describe something is one thing, but the existence of that thing being described is another.

If I stab my hand with a fork is it mere opinion that it is "sharp or dull"? Or is there, within reason, an actual reality being conveyed?

Of course a fork you and I think is terribly sharp and piercing will not even get the attention of Hulk. He wouldn't notice it. His perception is "what fork?".

Again we need to relax our tendency to take everything literal and remember all things are relative to varying degrees as we work through our thoughts and ideas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join