It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney decries US politics: ‘The world is watching with abject horror’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Guess it's a good thing he's not president of the world.

He represents the frustration of the American people with sounding good while screwing the people over.

(post by odzeandennz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm sorry but Mitt Romney, the ultimate vulture capitalist, Mr. "Creative Destructionism", a man who has made tens of millions of $$$ off leveraged buyouts and bleeding American companies dry, has no soapbox to stand on in this or any other discussion IMO.

Anyone in the political world that breaks ranks and advocates for the "little guy" is bound to draw the ire of that scumbag. If you find someone is taking fire from Mitt Romney, than it's a safe bet that person is engaged in something that runs counter to the interests of the elites.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: djz3ro

Wow. The cult came out in full force to respond to you.

I can attest that in Canada, 99% of people I know think Trump is a trainwreck, and Biden is a creep, but the lesser of two evils.

No doubt someone will come and say, "This isn't true! Most Canadians/Brits/Japanese/etc. LOVE TRUMP MAGA 2020 DONT LISTEN TO CNN FAKE NEWS!!!" But it's true. abject horror. People outside of America are baffled at why U.S. citizens are fine with their system.

Just be happy US citizens not only defend themselves but pay for the defense of your country and all our other allies defense. If it wasn’t for us, you would have a country that allows you to bitch about how we run ours.
edit on 14-10-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Most Republicans don't like Mitt Romney and make fun of him because he doesn't toe the line, votes the way he wants sometimes, is a free thinker and breaks with the party occasionally. People will say they don't care about it but he's also a Mormon.

For these reasons he's not a normal GOP Senator, a bit of an outsider. Any Republican who doesn't hail and criticizes the President is going to be an outsider. Susan Collins is an older woman who stays quiet and she represents a New England state so she gets a pass.

Could you imagine Congress if it were common for more Democrats and Republicans to break ranks on votes? Most of the time, all of the speeches and debates on bills and measures are all pointless; everyone is going to vote the same way anyway. It's also because everything brought to the floor is so one-sided and along party lines because the majorities, even if it's by a few seats like the Senate, already know that what they introduce is going to be passed so why compromise at all for the sake of some minority votes?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Mitt Romney is as relevant as yesterday's fart.

*shrugs*

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A new stimulus for example. The GOP Senators are saying they aren't for anything that has a big pricetag on it. They told the President that they aren't on board for 1.8 trillion, so I'm assuming 1.6 trillion would've been too much also.

So why was the White House negotiating and offering to begin with? Because, if Pelosi says yes, every Democrat in the Senate will vote yes, and all they'll need is a few votes from Republicans. There's got to be 2 or 3 weak hands in the lot of them who would back it because the President said so. There's never really a middle ground whatsoever.

A small third party that's more centrist would never happen and is unamerican. Who would be in it to begin with? Not to mention they'd have the power to make or break everything.
edit on 14-10-2020 by quix0tic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shrugs*

Maybe 'tis yourself...and some others who are a little stinky....Hail the Mitt!

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

That's laughable. And why so defensive?

The U.S. has kind of given up on us defense-wise in the last 5 years or so outside of NORAD contracts. So, no one's shooting missiles at North America in general, because both the U.S and Canada will instantaneously defend, but... what else is going on defense wise? Not much.
The Arctic is full of Russians, and Canada's military isn't doing a ton to stop them, neither is the U.S.

Forty thousand + Canadian troops defended American interests in the Middle East since 2001. I can't remember the last time Canada demanded the U.S. help us out in a war. It's not our fault the U.S. government feels the need to spend almost a trillion dollars on National Defense, we just happen to be neighbours.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT THE MUDPIT.

Please be aware that standard civility and decorum rules apply. Do not respond to this message

bigfatfurrytexan
Forum Moderator

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shrugs*

Maybe 'tis yourself...and some others who are a little stinky....Hail the Mitt!

I suffer from projectile farting, it's a medical condition.

So Mitt said something.

*shrugs*

Yesterday I said something.

Yesterday you said something.

Tomorrow we'll probably all say something.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A Congress that was split into 3 parties that are roughly a 3rd of the vote each, give or take some, would be perfect like some other countries have but unfortunately our Republic never formed that way and never will.

Besides, a far left, center left, and right party set up would always goto the left, although nothing too radical. Likewise the other way around. It's pretty much impossible to have a truly center position party that isn't slightly left or right. They'd almost always tip it in the favor of that side.

Legislation would have to be more moderate and reasonable to pass though I would think. Not like it is now.

edit on 14-10-2020 by quix0tic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is very much like Nancy Pelosi. he has an R by his name, but it's not something he pays attention to or believes in. Which is fine, he can do whatever he wants, and if his constituents continue to vote for him, he will continue to have his voice, and continue to send his kids over to Ukraine to make their money.

But to act as if his input is anything other than a Never Trump politician, is disingenuous. He's a RINO. Republican in Name Only.

So in other news, it's been found that water is indeed wet, and it's very hard to see in the dark. More news coming soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Wow. The cult came out in full force to respond to you.

I can attest that in Canada, 99% of people I know think Trump is a trainwreck, and Biden is a creep, but the lesser of two evils.

No doubt someone will come and say, "This isn't true! Most Canadians/Brits/Japanese/etc. LOVE TRUMP MAGA 2020 DONT LISTEN TO CNN FAKE NEWS!!!" But it's true. abject horror. People outside of America are baffled at why U.S. citizens are fine with their system.

actually is much closer to a 50/50 split, just like in the US and other countries in the world. where many think Biden/Harris and the rest of the democrats are the train wreck. but then again unlike many liberals and democrats, i have not unfriended and blocked most of those who don't agree with me 100%, thus building an echo chamber where 99% of people agree with me on most things.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

"Unfriended and blocked." I don't use social media anymore, so I don't "unfriend and block" people, which is pretty ridiculous to me, personally.

It's definitely not a 50/50 split. Only in Alberta does Trump have a larger "following", outside of that, it's polled to be about 10% of people in Canada who would vote Donald Trump given the chance.

As I stated, probably 99% of people I personally know (not on social media) think Donald Trump is a buffoon. So 1% like him. All of those 1% work...in Alberta, and I'm fully on the East Coast. I would say that's pretty representational of how Canadians view Donald Trump.

By this recent poll, the only way your social circle is represented as 50/50 Trump supporters/non-supporters is if your social circle is made up overwhelmingly of males from Western Canada who vote Conservative. Which would be an echo chamber.

edit on 14-10-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It's definitely not a 50/50 split. Only in Alberta does Trump have a larger "following", outside of that, it's polled to be about 10% of people in Canada who would vote Donald Trump given the chance.

As I stated, probably 99% of people I personally know (not on social media) think Donald Trump is a buffoon. So 1% like him. All of those 1% work...in Alberta, and I'm fully on the East Coast. I would say that's pretty representational of how Canadians view Donald Trump.

By this recent poll, the only way your social circle is represented as 50/50 Trump supporters/non-supporters is if your social circle is made up overwhelmingly of males from Western Canada who vote Conservative. Which would be an echo chamber.

and just where and who did the poll? since most people i know, especially in Ontario (which is generally a liberal bastion), but also on the east coast, like PEI, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia, support Trump. i don't actually know many people in western Canada. you may not unfriend or block people since you don't apparently use social media, but it certainly seems that you only associate with people from the left even in real life, which means the same thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

But that's the thing. Outside of hyper political people, here in Canada, I've never seen people divide themselves into "left and right". People also don't really stan for the politicians that we're paying to run our country. I've never seen a yard flag that said "Andrew Scheer: Make Liberals Cry" in a Canadian yard. I've never seen a bumper sticker that said "Trudeau or the Apocalypse".

As a Canadian, that level of political stunting is ridiculous to me. I've voted for every party in election across the board. Most Canadians I know are platform based voters. Not hard line party voters.

I think your comment about "leftists" is maybe indicative of a person whose political life is mostly online. Sadly, we're seeing more and more of this in Canada as people engage in more and more American politics.

Our country is still a Constitutional Monarchy with national healthcare, secular government, and its own issues regardless of which party holds the majority in the Government. It's not comparable to the "left vs. right" politics in the States.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I thought Romney was talking about the ACB hearings.

The Democrats are a total embarrassment to themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is squealing because his son are up tp thier neck just like Hunter Biden.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sadly, we're seeing more and more of this in Canada as people engage in more and more American politics.

We'll eventually assimilate all of you. Soon you'll be snarfing Poutine Big Macs and howling about how the other political party has ruined your way of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join