It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would One be so Kind as to explain Wars to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Please explain the purpose of war to me, if you would.

To win political debates with blood.

We all want the same thing.

If this were true then there'd be no need for war.

We want our home, our little family, or our 'bubble', some want social gatherings, some don't, but we all want "Our Home", our little portion of Life. That's it. We ALL can agree on that. (Save perhaps a very few)

Those very few want power and they often take it from all the people who want the other things you listed. It's how we get tyrants.

Can't our leaders just sit down and get along?

Our leaders are unaffected by the decisions they make. Wouldn't be much of a ruling class otherwise.

Why must they meet in private? Why can't we hear what they discuss openly?

Because you and I would kill them...Probably in a war.

Why does it all seem Staged?

Because it generally is by at least one side, sometimes both.

Aren't we all passed the need for War in these times!?

Unfortunately not.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
-Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás

Superb breakdown/breakout! I was going to simply reply $$ and power, with the occasional nutter thrown in. Your explanation is much better and done with precision.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Please explain the purpose of war to me, if you would.

Ok so ummm... Bad guy meets bad guy, right.

Bad guy not like bad guy. Bad Guy says "Hello, I am..." but the bad guy interrupts and says "You are so ugly, yo momma crapped whilst giving birth to you and thought it was twins!"

Bad guy goes total absolute bad + man + guy + bad actual guy - minus humanity or similar (meanwhile my cat just stepped on keyboard... even cats are bad guys at time - unless feed luxury food because not eat hamster unless really hungry- right?)

In the end they realise both twins and both sh*ts, meanwhile every good guy die and everyone makes profits via sale of weapons to kill all good and bad guy

Makes sense?

PS: Later make peace treaty under bad guy UN act or similar. But make multiple disclaimerisms to make otherwise

All fall down
edit on 10-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: nerbot

Nope.

That isn't true in any reality. If you're going to defend a nation you need a dedicated warrior class.

Pick up a gun, pin a target on yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

What?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's simple really Reasons-1 You need to obey me,no? Killing all till survivors obey,2 I want your resources so I'm taking them.3 Either bow down to my religion or die 4 You ancestors screwed mine or caused the worlds problems,so war.5 Too many of us,need your land.Theres probably others but most wars are because of one or more of those.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I appreciate all your answers and discussions.

Yet I fail to see how a single human life is worth losing over any of these things; let alone thousands.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yet I fail to see how a single human life is worth losing over any of these things; let alone thousands.

A few days ago Kieth Olbermann declared that Trump and his supporters should be prosecuted and removed from society.

Before him Reza Aslan declared that Trump supporters should be eradicated.

Before that numerous Bernie Sanders campaign staffers were caught on video discussing putting conservatives in reeducation camps when Bernie wins.

War happens because one group decides that the other group is an impediment to their goals and therefore destruction, subjugation, and usurpation is required.

Currently, BLM rioters are in suburban neighborhoods demanding a lateral transfer of property with nothing but destitution in return.

Antifa is terrorizing American cities and destroying livelihoods for their twisted beliefs.

Until people like this no longer plague humanity we will have need to fight. To secure ourselves and our futures from this type of threat in some fashion or another.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

A sad truth. =

BLM is a poison to society. Anyone who thinks the value of someone's life is weighed by your skin color is beyond ignorant...

LIFE matters. We all share One Life. And it matters greatly.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Right now they are the loud ones. My fear is what happens when groups who are on the opposite extremes start responding with force.

Wars are probably the easiest state of affairs to get started and extremely difficult to end.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

My thoughts exactly...

How long will these riots go unanswered before People have had enough and decide to put an end to it themselves? Thus further fueling the flames of dissidence.

I'm concerned this will get much worse before it gets better, and all I have to offer are Words, which once would've sufficed, but in today's world The Word falls silent within the cacophony of mindless noise.

Either way, I'm glad we have Soldiers on earth ready to stand for the people; ALL people, if need be.

Because the proverbial sheiss is about to hit the fan methinks... (Give or take a thousand years. Or much less...)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why are there locks on your apartment door, man?

After all we all want the same thing: a roof over our heads, three square meals. I'm no different than you. So come on man, let me crash on your sofa and eat all your food. Take down that lock from the door and feel the love. What's that you say? A job of my own? I have one, man...it's not working at an office like you, but it's a job all the same. You might call it a kind of vocation, actually. My job is to live as a fully supported being. And you can help me, because you agreed we all want the same thing, right? And right now what I want is your sofa to crash on and your refrigerator to eat out of.

What do you mean "no?" Alright man, if that's the way you are going to be about it I will just keep kicking your door harder and harder until that repressive evil lock breaks. Waitaminute, hold on there, you have a shotgun and you are pointing it at me? Harsh, bro. Well I guess I won't kick your door anymore.

So that's what a "war" is, huh? I guess you won but I'm gonna think of something and I'll be back, don't you worry.
edit on 17-10-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join