It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook bans QAnon conspiracy theory accounts across all platforms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You singlehandedly destroyed the internet.

Happy?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's very interesting that fb is doing this. As a company who's product is used in many countries how can it operate like it does? Are these same standards used in other countries it operates in? The flak coming out over how they deal with US issues is by it's nature of interest to US users, but what about the other countries it operates in? What groups has it eliminated from say Venezuela? It seems to me at first blush they are way over doing it in the states. If anything it solidifies the psy-op angle to it. Where are my guarantees that fb go's after the Coyotes that smuggle people over the boarder by eliminating their fb groups? Before you mock that statement consider how they [fb] do their fact checking and use algorithms.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Just what is it about capitalism that you commies don't get, huh?

Facebook is a private company, a gem of the entire capitalist system. It can do what ever the hell it wants with it's own product. It can censor who and what it wants, it can promote in CAPITAL LETTERS, any and all points of view they like.

You commies don't like it? Don't use it. That is your only vote, your vote as a consumer. You don't like those who are pulling the strings of Facebook, tough bananas. Sure they are influenced but their ain't crap you can do about it other than don't use it,

Piss and moan all you want about your rights as a citizen and that is your right. Thing is though, those who hate Facebook have already made their vote and do not use it. Only those who still use it get a vote and it looks like Facebook has taken that into account and is siding with the majority of those who still use it.

I can't vote because I don't like it and I don't use it.

Typical.
You talk about law and private enterprise when others are concerned about peoples freedom of expression.
When law gets in the way on other issues, you talk about about how the law is wrong and 'Da 1%'.

Yes, we know - Facebook CAN censor who they want. That does not mean it is not horrendous.
You know that companies could freely discriminate against black people not so long ago...but the damn laws were BS and they got changed. Get it?

edit on 7/10/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: dashen

You singlehandedly destroyed the internet.

Happy?

It's a reasonable start

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Get it? What you seem not to ''get'' is that the time to halt these corporations in their tracks is past, they now rule the world. Reagan unleashed them and Clinton gave them the mouthpieces to control the populations. Bush came along and allowed them citizenship and the rest is history.

So sure, I'm against censorship and against corporations but you know what? It was conservatives that handed it all over to them

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Thursday, October 8, 2020

-IMPORTANT FYI-

FaceBook banned all Qanon accounts this week.

Twitter banned all Qanon accounts 3 weeks ago.

The U.S. House voted to officially "condemn" the Qanon movement last week.

WHY? Because the Qanon military intelligence unit is LOYAL to President Trump and in maintaining the Integrity of the United States and our Constitution. This involves OPPOSING and EXPOSING those who attempt to damage our country.

Here is ONE EXAMPLE of WHY Qanon is being banned and condemned by Anti-Trump social media platforms, and the Democrat-run U.S. House.

Take a look at this graphic, composed of images and words:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

To keep it simple.. Anti-Trump Democrats (and maybe some Republicans) enabled a Submarine missile launched at Air Force One while President Trump was enroute to North Korea, in February 2019.

At the time, QAnon wrote that Congress would use the "25th Amendment" in at least one attempt to remove President Trump from office.

Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein proposed it one time, but it never was attempted.

Nancy Pelosi is calling a Press Conference tomorrow to announce an attempt by Congress to remove President Trump via the 25th Amendment.

Question: WHY would she do this, with only 25 days before the Presidential election?

Answer: WHAT would happen to the DEMOCRATIC PARTY if it was revealed that Democrats attempted to Assassinate the President of the United States, using a military operation?

As Qanon (or "Q" ) has said since the beginning (Nov 2017), "Here is the evidence and information...Think for yourself. Draw your own conclusions."

More examples here: www.qproofs.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Facebook is a private company, a gem of the entire capitalist system. It can do what ever the hell it wants with it's own product

Most would agree that the public book burnings seen in nazi germany where supressive in nature. Yet here you are defending the very same action but this time being done by private companies.

Its of note that these same companies have a revolving door relationship with faculties of government. They are run by the same organisations and narratives that run the intelligent services and support the agenda of an elite. Not the common man

So why do you defend it?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Most would agree that the public book burnings seen in nazi germany where supressive in nature. Yet here you are defending the very same action but this time being done by private companies.

I don't see that as the same kind of action. However I do understand how you and others might see it that way.

its of note that these same companies have a revolving door relationship with faculties of government. They are run by the same organisations and narratives that run the intelligent services and support the agenda of an elite. Not the common man

Certainly I understand this. And do you understand that ''all'' corporations have a revolving door with this government? Simple example was Dick Cheney. Haliburton to VP to Haliburton. How about Trump's first Secretary of state, what's his name. Straight from a big corp and right back again when he resigned. Or was he fired, it's so hard to keep up.

Point being , of course you get that.

So why do you defend it?

Defend it? I suppose you read it that way. I don't defend it, I'm just stating a fact. Conservatives pissing and moaning about the power of corporations on our government and our lives is a oxymoron. For all those years that conservatives pushed for more and more power to the corporations from Reagan and his deregulation on corporate power and ownership, Clinton and his Telecommunications act, and allowing corporations ''citizenship'' under Bush ll has all added to their power.

So no, I don't defend it, I"m just saying. Saying that Facebook being a ''GEM'' of this capitalist system is an example of what we got now, like it or hate it. But to continue to defend the very system that got us here while at the same time lamenting what powers that system allows to the powerful is just to little and way to late.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you for your reply and your correction. Its hard to make sense of stuff over the internet sometimes with just the use of words.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I agree. Without facial expression, without natural pauses and allowances for others to speak, internet conversations are dramatically limited.

I think we become used to simple contractions in our words which if not recognized with those facial expressions and the over all ''context'' and spirit of a conversation, can take on entirely different connotations by the listener than were intended by the speaker.

I try my best to express myself clearly knowing these limitations. Often I over expound in attempts to communicate the ideas that I have and I get redundant. It's not uncommon for members here to criticize me for my ''pomposity'', my verboseness, but I'm only trying to communicate.

That said, thanks for the polite reply to that earlier post so that I could reply more thoroughly.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

And yet they still host all kinds of conspiracies form the left, like pretty much anything to do with veganism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join