It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness monster captured on Sonar 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble but ya.. It's an old movie prop..

www.google.com...
edit on 6-10-2020 by 68Satellite because: Added the link

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 68Satellite

Ah dinnae ken likes that prop is well known about I dont know if this sonar return was taken in the same area

that prop is sunk to the bottom the sonar image of the new article shows the object above the loch bottom

so the two stories whilst interesting dont match up

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 68Satellite
Hate to burst your bubble but ya.. It's an old movie prop..

www.google.com...
That article is dated back in 2016. Much of the information is and was well known.

Considering the date and time as well as data readings, the object pinged was above the deepest point where they were at, so something had buoyancy and coasting around down there.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have uploaded the sonar images to ATS but for some reason image library isnt working , but im trying to get them side by side , but you can clearly see the new sonar image is clearly off the deck and a different shape

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I've been to Loch Ness, it's totally awesome as is most of Scotland. Personally for me if there is no "monster" of whatever type, I think one of Jeremy Wade's suppositions that it could be a giant Sturgeon is probably what it is. They can grow that big, have the huge lumpy scales on their back that could be mistaken for humps and live hundreds of years or more. No one is even sure 100% how long they live or how big they can get.

He said in his show about the Loch Ness Monster that it was plausible that a smaller Sturgeon, or even multiple ones, got in the Loch a long time ago and got trapped there. Since most of the "verified" sightings I've seen don't include the long neck, I'll definitely go with Sturgeon if there is no monster. Personally I hope there's a monster, I spent a week there looking to no avail unfortunately lol

ETA re-reading about the show he eliminated the Sturgeon because Nessie is supposedly a "man eater". I still personally think that's the best guess though for a known critter.

Here's a link about the show

River Monsters:Loch Ness Monster
edit on 10/6/2020 by Lilroanie because: ETA Link and correction about the show I misremembered

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I’m always let down every time I see the original Nessie picture. The thing that started it all could be a toy, stick, or even a persons forearm and hand coming out of the water to do a shadow hand puppet show.

It’s cool to wonder, but that original photo....dammit.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Actually That pic was verified as a fake sorta. To me though since stories of Nessie (and Bigfoot) have been around wayyyy longer than modern times, I still have hope of them being real lol!

THE SURGEON’S PHOTO

When people think of the Loch Ness Monster there is one photo that is iconic. That grainy image is known as “The Surgeon’s Photo” because it was supposedly snapped by surgeon Robert Wilson in 1934. For the next 60 years it was the classic monster photo used everywhere. However, in 1994 a man by the name of Christian Spurling made a deathbed confession. He had made the model used to fake the photo. Things got even more interesting. Spurling’s stepfather was the disgraced Marmaduke Weatherall who had concocted the whole plan to exact revenge for his earlier umbrella stand hoax. Robert Wilson was the front man because the fraudsters believed a surgeon would be taken seriously. It almost worked!

Fakes and Hoaxes link
edit on 10/6/2020 by Lilroanie because: added a line

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

cool ill check it oot thanks for the link

I normally cant watch animal planet because the Dugs go mental at animals on the tv

Ive been to loch ness a few times now and even been for a swim in it
dont do that even in summer its baltic , unless ye like the win hoff method hahah

never knew that aboot sturgeon either , thats mental they can grow so big
I now have images of nicola sturgeon memes in loch ness

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

hing oan the noo a #in greenland shark in loch ness

im no going swimmin in there again christ oan a bike

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hugh Gray (1933)
Hugh Gray's photograph taken near Foyers on 12 November 1933 was the first photograph alleged to depict the monster.
On His death bed admitted he faked the photo .

Really for most of my youth I loved the idea of a nessie a LIVING plesiosaur and MR and MISS foot and kids .
Thing is The old saying it takes two to tango is NOT TRUE it takes a Minim of 2000 to tango .

2000 OF a animal the size of a small whale inside a enclosed body of water that is a air breather and a few grainy photos once every ten years ?

The lake IS not the deep amazon jungle .
Even using the idea of hidden passage they come and go it would still be 2000 animals the size of a small whale
even NOW lots of whalers LOOKING hard for animals that size .

a whaler sees a whale kills it makes a 100,000 $ a whaler sees nessie KILLS one makes MILLIONS as the world is STUNED .

As for MR FOOT while there is still deep wilderness in many places on earth a group could hide every one swears they are In every state in America which would mien a 100,000 or MORE Pick any costal state and tell me how 50,000 Animals That size could stay out of site because we sure dont have any trouble fine JUST ONE Human animal when we decide that Human is a problem .

Has NOT been anything much larger then a mouse discovered In The USA in a 100 years we have been over every inch of this land 10,000 TIMES without even ONE body . And mr foot just is NOT that rare if he was real .

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Aye. I'd loik to goo to Scootlond to see this forr meself. I'll say thees, thoo, I doo'nut believe she came oot because of some stoopit lookdoon. Joost mae oonest opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

yeh I get your point about the requirement to breed etc , but what if this animal is indeed a relic from another era
and its able to survive feeding on the life there now
sea turtles and whales are known to live for a very long time , what if Loch ness is a perfect habitat for it
its pretty clean or maybe due to the loch's enclosed environment something else has maybe evolved to live there and you dont get them anywhere else as they are locked in by land and they are just very difficult to find and are rarely seen

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Aye man you should indeed , Scotland is a beautiful place if you like scenic countrysides
loads of great architecture to look at specially in Glasgow

not so good to visit right now though

but once this #e ends , come visit , bring a jaicket

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Probably a sunken boat dude.
Still cool, thanksfor sharing

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Floating above the loch bed?
a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
turtles sharks well old nessie would be a platsour ( spelling ? )
it is well excepted dinosaur's were warm blooded Like birds .
No bird or dino woudl live 300 years .

BUT even still ( with tears In my eye if she was the last dinosaur 300 years well that area has had people a few 1000 and nothing more then myths during that time .

Really i still hold out hope that some ware DEEP in the amazon Jungle there is a Living dinosaur But if it is True I also HOPE WE NEVER FIND THEM .

Big foot is he is real THE Proof will come in the form of a DEAD body so it would be with Nessie and any living fossil .

If Nessie is real GOD FORBID we get PROOF .

LONG agaio I was a dreamer Like many posters I miss the dream If I run across a BIG foot you will never know .
Aliens well depends on if they can defend they self well enough But probley would never tell anyone .
edit on 6-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
all very interesting......if there is a huge creature in the loch what are they eating ??? now I remember something mentioned that there might be a hidden underwater cave where the thing could go to other areas otherwise food would be a problem

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: Caver78
It's 2020, why not Nessie too???

Glad someone finally got it on sonar.
Sure there've been hoaxes, but that doesn't discount all the other witness reports. Nature's critters are tough an usually find a way to adapt and survive.

Whether it's a type of Eel or holdover from the age of dinosaurs is the big question. That somethings there wasn't ever all that debatable.

I thought it was accepted that Nessie is a plesiosaur. And i guess it goes without saying but the idea that there’s only one in the loch means that it’s at least 5 hundred years old and still alive with nothing to mate with....highly unlikely.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Really we should let the dreamers dream every one it sucks waking up to choas .
I hope she is real as big foot and aliens But if you see one of these and have proof SOLID proof BURN IT BURY IT lie and say You dont .

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I have uploaded the sonar images to ATS but for some reason image library isnt working , but im trying to get them side by side , but you can clearly see the new sonar image is clearly off the deck and a different shape

Do you know how many sonar hits they have had in loch ness. My favorite was one where the divers went down and found a Vickers Wellington plane that was submerged for decades in the Loch Ness. There is so little oxygen in the loch that it was remarkably well preserved. In fact its now in a museum if i remember correctly.

Now unless nessy breathes air there is no way for that loch to support a sea monster. What they dont tell you is the loch is oxygen depleated. Large fish cant survive much less a sea monster. Sea plant life and even microorganisms have a very hard time in the lake. It was after they did the scientific survey that I lost intrest because the lake is just incapable of sustaining any large creature.

www.lochnessproject.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

aye I get what you are saying but , what I suggest is that loch ness could be special ,what if something has evolved to live in those conditions specifically for that length of time , one that lives on low oxygen in the abyssal trench

this paragraph from your article

Loch Ness is so large that the summer's warmth does not entirely leave it until well into the next spring, in the meantime melting the snow along its shores. For the same reason however, the loch takes a long time to heat and no summer warms more than the upper ten metres to more than about 15oC and only the top few centimetres to 20oC. The loch is relatively cold from a biological point of view and many of its inhabitants are "relicts" from glacial times.

the last sentence itself is a clue

a species of animal that can live in low oxygen extreme cold environments its low metabolism could account for its lifespanthat somehow got stuck in loch ness , or has live in loch ness since the last ice age or something , what if during the ice age it was frozen in the loch and then it thawed out it came back to life

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join