It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthless Joe Biden: Why Hunter Is Fair Game

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think you might be assuming that I changed them in favor of Trump.

Consider me a party-less Dem. expatriate (for the time being, until I can find something to believe in).

I completely agree with your analysis on Biden/Harris though, which is absolutely why I won't vote for the illusion of equality.
I'm just done with Democrats and have been since Hillary and her involvement in the Libyan mess (I have enough Libyan friends to understand a little about what the country was like before and after the "Arab Spring"). The first of many things that led to an ultimate break from the party. Unless the Democratic party fundamentally changes, I won't be returning.
edit on 1-10-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
In what the media and my Democrat friends/family members (with whom I, until fairly recently, shared political opinions), are trying to make into a moment of poignancy during the train wreck of the event we called a Presidential Debate, Joe Biden looked directly into the camera and said, “My son, like a lot of people, like a lot of people you know at home, had a drug problem. He’s overtaken it. He’s fixed it. He’s worked on it. And I’m proud of him.”

This truly would be a remark that should garner sympathy and compassion, and had it been uttered by almost any other person on the planet (there are always exceptions), it would have had mine. However, knowing what we do about Joe Biden’s track record addressing drugs and drafting legislation to incarcerate drug users for extended periods of time, his appeals of sympathy for his own son are met with a stony “No” from me.

Funny that,
All this soul searching, but damn the man anyway.

Trump on the other hand got a free pass and 'forgiveness' for his earlier misdeeds..which were many, as well as those ongoing. So this is the great Christian spirit....not! it's sheer hypocrisy of the two faced.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Sorry that makes no sense to me.
This is about Hunter Biden being fair game for scrutiny and why, and about a bunch of "soul searching" which led once again toward self gain. Not about Trump, (nowhere in that OP is Trump's name mentioned).

I'm sure the collective could forgive Biden for the damage he's done (if he ever truly apologized) but that doesn't mean we need to let the man anywhere near a position to make/influence policy ever again.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

In what the media and my Democrat friends/family members (with whom I, until fairly recently, shared political opinions), are trying to make into a moment of poignancy during the train wreck of the event we called a Presidential Debate, Joe Biden looked directly into the camera and said, “My son, like a lot of people, like a lot of people you know at home, had a drug problem. He’s overtaken it. He’s fixed it. He’s worked on it. And I’m proud of him.”

This truly would be a remark that should garner sympathy and compassion, and had it been uttered by almost any other person on the planet (there are always exceptions), it would have had mine. However, knowing what we do about Joe Biden’s track record addressing drugs and drafting legislation to incarcerate drug users for extended periods of time, his appeals of sympathy for his own son are met with a stony “No” from me.

Funny that,
All this soul searching, but damn the man anyway.

Trump on the other hand got a free pass and 'forgiveness' for his earlier misdeeds..which were many, as well as those ongoing. So this is the great Christian spirit....not! it's sheer hypocrisy of the two faced.

If you can offer a guarantee that Biden wouldn't be owned by anyone, even in his own party, I'll change my mind and like him. I'll even let him sniff my dog. But that's it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why would China hire a drug addict at such a high ranking job....Because he is Biden's son and it is political clout to do that of course. Same with the company in the Ukraine...I think it is spelled Berisma.

That kind of favoritism has been happening for a long time, the relatives of Judges and politicians that could not get work elsewhere wound up working in courthouses with better pay than they should have for their experience. They screwed things up throughout history. Now at least they are doing a little better with hiring, at least there are minimum education requirements on some of the jobs.

Biden's son is not that talented that he should have qualified for the China job. Hands down...no way. Biden still has influence in politics, yet he says he cannot even call a Democrat governor and ask them to stop the crimes happening in the riots. Either he is stupid, or he wants the crime to continue to increase the votes to Democrats and blame this on Trump.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is about Hunter Biden being fair game for scrutiny and why, and about a bunch of "soul searching" which led once again toward self gain. Not about Trump, (nowhere in that OP is Trump's name mentioned).

I'm sure the collective could forgive Biden for the damage he's done (if he ever truly apologized) but that doesn't mean we need to let the man anywhere near a position to make/influence policy ever again.

You just want Hunter be fair game because it suits an agenda, where sheer hearsay is spouted as truth, in the same way as Graham spouts in the IC group.
Such tittle tattle from, I presume, grown people.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Consider me a party-less Dem. expatriate (for the time being, until I can find something to believe in).

I haven't read all your links yet, so I don't have much intelligent to write yet. Buuuut ...

I was raised Republican. Voted Republican, with a couple of Libertarian exceptions. Then 2000 election. Wait? The GOP is going to Federal Court to stop a State from following its own law? What? Ideals mean nothing unless convenient? Like power grab is the be all, end all?

So I lean left. Didn't vote Obama or Hillary though. Voted Green. Cynthia Ann McKinney for her anti-war position.

Obama, Hillary, Biden; war mongers, the lot of them.

I am slightly fond of the U.S. Constitution and don't ascribe to the Hand of the King's (aka Bill Barr) theory of unitary executive (aka dictator) interpretation of the second article of the Constitution, so no Trump vote from me.

I'm going to write in Elisabeth Warren this year. If the Dems want to blame me for a Trump victory, well they shouldn't have picked Biden. That's on them.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

You just want Hunter be fair game because it suits an agenda, where sheer hearsay is spouted as truth, in the same way as Graham spouts in the IC group.
Such tittle tattle from, I presume, grown people.

to be clear, you don't believe the Senate report that said they have proof of a 3.5 million dollar wire transfer to Hunter from a Russian lady?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I for one, respect your opinion. It's well thought out and not at all knee jerky.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not sure how an 87 page gov't report qualifies as "sheer hearsay"-

SOURCE - PDF

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm an old veteran of the Cold War.
Zosimov wrote:

I'm just done with Democrats and have been since Hillary and her involvement in the Libyan mess (I have enough Libyan friends to understand a little about what the country was like before and after the "Arab Spring").

Reagan pulled quite a stunt using the U.S. Navy to provoke an excuse to bomb the hell out of Libya, shortly after I got out of the Air Force.

Just a few years prior to that, he hand picked me to do a similar stunt in [ redacted ]. Being in a position to start a war does a little something to a person's thinking, some may call it PTSD.

I wouldn't be alive today if I had succeeded in starting that war for Reagan. Some failure can be life saving.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am an alcoholic who hasn't drank in 30 years . I could sure use a job that pays 50 thousand a month , wonder if Ukraine would hire me

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I did 6 in the USAF. Being a pee on has it's advantages. I'm sorry for whatever happened that messed with you, but glad you were able to avoid a war. the closest I got was flying over Sarajevo and seeing the destruction and human toll of war. It was enough to make me realize that it's much more than just the battle at hand, and so much worse.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If Joe Biden truly believed that Hunter was not a liability to his campaign why did he try to pull a fast one on the American people when he started talking about his son Beau (with out saying his name) during the debate when Trump and Wallace were clearly talking about Hunter?

Or am I supposed to believe that Joe is so senile that he can no longer tell his sons apart?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Trump was pure class in that debate when it comes to Biden and his family. He could’ve brought up Hunters baby the family abandoned. Could’ve went way harder on Hunter himself and like you say Biden had a major hand in the crime bill that incarcerated so many due to drug use, so no sympathy should be given.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hunter Biden is fair game because he potentially could/might have affected US policy with other countries. We don't know for sure yet what the repercussions are of his greedy shenanigans. He had irons in fires he had no business with. I do believe that the suckers that paid him all that money with the belief they would get something in return got the short end of the stick. Of course I don't 'know' that so I could be wrong. But what exactly did they 'buy' with their hiring of him?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: zosimov

Do we know how the Navy discharged him? Did he get an Honorable Discharge? What was the reason listed for his discharge? Did the Navy acknowledge his criminal drug charges or pretend they didn’t happen? I’m truly curious about this. I served in the Navy, and know first-hand that anyone who was caught using drugs, through a piss test or by being outed through civilian drug charges, was booted out promptly with a Dishonorable Discharge, after (the Navy) lodging its own charges in the military court.

He got an administrative discharge this is the same as being fired from your job. The usual reasons are A pattern of misconduct;
Drug abuse;
Insubordination;
Weight control issues;
Nonperformance of duties; or
Poor duty performance.

The difference between this and dishonorable Is that a dishonorable is for severe crimes involving a court martial such as Murder
Fraud
Desertion
Treason
Espionage
Sexual assault

Basically if they give you jail time you get a dishonorable discaharge. Since drug abuse did not get him jail time he got an administrative.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Hunter Biden is fair game because he potentially could/might have affected US policy with other countries. We don't know for sure yet what the repercussions are of his greedy shenanigans. He had irons in fires he had no business with. I do believe that the suckers that paid him all that money with the belief they would get something in return got the short end of the stick. Of course I don't 'know' that so I could be wrong. But what exactly did they 'buy' with their hiring of him?

I dont know id argue it got exactly what they wanted. They wanted the Obama administration to stay out of their business. And well thats what they got so i guess money well spent.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not sure how an 87 page gov't report qualifies as "sheer hearsay"-

SOURCE - PDF

That's what it is, political bullshiite.

Reuters a year ago on Ukraine’s anti-corruption investigation. That investigation specifically said this,

' Ukrainian investigation of gas company Burisma is focused solely on activity that took place before Hunter Biden, son of former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, was hired to sit on its board'

And this;
'Separately, a senior official at the General Prosecutor’s office said that neither of the Bidens had been called for questioning in relation to this investigation'

And this;
'Ukraine would open an investigation into the period when Hunter Biden was involved with Burisma if there were compelling new testimony in Ukraine, Nazar Kholodnytsky, the head of anti-corruption investigations at Ukraine’s Prosecutor’s Office, said on Novoye Vremya radio.
But it could not do so on its own initiative, based solely on comments currently being made in the United States, he said.'

(That's Trump he's talking about)

So please read the link in full, and do not comment on the basis of Trump's tittle tattle, tale.

Some days you guys will wise up....I hope.

https:// uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-ukraine-buris/ukraine-agency-says-allegations-against-burisma-cover-period-before-biden-joined-idUSK BN1WC1LV

Copy and Close the obvious gap in the link and paste.

edit on 1-10-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why are you citing a year-old article about an unrelated investigation?

From page 65 of the report:

The Treasury records acquired by the Chairmen show potential criminal activity relating to transactions among and between Hunter Biden, his family, and his associates with Ukrainian, Russian, Kazakh and Chinese nationals. In particular, these documents show that Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from foreign sources as a result of business relationships that he built during the period when his father was vice president of the United States and after. In addition to providing new and descriptive details about the nature, origin and extent of payments from Burisma Holdings to Hunter Biden, the documents acquired by the Committees also shed light on a much broader array of questionable financial transactions involving Hunter Biden, other members of the Biden family, and their associations with foreign nationals. These foreign nationals have questionable backgrounds that have been identified as being consistent with a range of criminal activities, including but not limited to organized prostitution and/or human trafficking, money laundering, fraud, and embezzlement.267

and the footnote:

267 There is extensive public reporting concerning Hunter Biden’s alleged involvement with prostitution services. Records on file with the Committees do not directly confirm or refute these individual reports. However, they do confirm that Hunter Biden sent thousands of dollars to individuals who have either: 1) been involved in transactions consistent with possible human trafficking; 2) an association with the adult entertainment industry; or 3) potential association with prostitution. Some recipients of those funds are Ukrainian and Russian citizens. The records note that it is a documented fact that Hunter Biden has sent funds to non-resident alien women in the United States who are citizens of Russia and Ukraine and who have subsequently wired funds they have received from Hunter Biden to individuals located in Russia and Ukraine. The records also note that some of these transactions are linked to what “appears to be an Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”

Are you saying these records don't exist?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join