It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are military Veterans really that special

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It isn't that simple. It's thou shalt not murder. Killing is something that happens every day whether we want it to or not. Hell, we kill for sustenance.

Even Jesus himself admonished his apostles to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Sometimes you have to fight. Even the Bible acknowledges this. There are many instances in the Bible that justify the use of deadly force.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And thou shall not do many other things as well.

Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Murder and killing isn't the same thing.

Please read the Bible. I'm not asking you to do that as a method of converting you to a religion you don't buy into But if you are going to lecture others on their faith you should at least argue from a position of knowledge.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Semantics. The outcome is the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No it isn't semantics. It's thousands of years of philosophical development. Your dismissive attitude says quite a bit about your bias.

I'm not playing word games. You are simply wrong and you have no desire to understand why.

How typical around here.
edit on 10 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No, I just don't care much to get into a debate while at work.

Your assumptions say quite a bit about yourself.

You're the one getting testy. You view me as being wrong, because my thoughts differ from yours. You assume I have no desire to understand why I am wrong.

Why should I care to understand why you think I am wrong, and why you think I have no desire to understand why.

Instead of being haste to judge and insult me you could have asked me if I understand what has been philosophically determined of murdering someone and of killing someone. You could have simply accepted that I have an opinion on the matter, but it seems for whatever reason you decided that you had to show your ass and deride me.

The truth of the matter is that I do understand the differences, and the truth is that aside from the moral and legal repercussions the outcome is indeed the same.

Someone dies.

You've got a chip on your shoulder, as made evident by your final remark. I recommend you enjoy the rest of the day rather than get pissy with strangers on the internet.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You're the one who wrote a dismissive post. Calling thousands of years of philosophical development and tradition mere "semantics" and addressing none of the points I made.

You're arguing from the position of a pseudo-understanding of what Christianity has to say about the matter of killing and murder. We're not discussing legal matters but a religion YOU brought up and then made multiple dismissive comments regarding what the Bible actually says on the topic.

Maybe don't argue from a position of ignorance.
edit on 10 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join