It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logan OH woman arrested for trespassing for refusing to wear mask outside.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

a reply to: schadenfreude
Ugh...
She should have left when they asked her to leave.

Absolutely not.

Oh
The property owner no longer has the right to control who is on their property?

The property owner in this case is a public school. So the government.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You keep licking boots and can die on your knees when the time comes.

I’ll always prefer to go out fighting on my feet.

This is getting insane, the Vancouver “No New Normal” gathering is getting bigger and bigger.

People are waking up too the BS

YOU GLADLY COMPLY!!

You do you, but me I see that shiat I’m going to jail for assaulting an officer plain and simple.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
She was asked to put on a mask. She refused.

So she was asked to leave. She again refused.

What did you expect to cop to do? Just say " ok let's forget it " and walk away.

From the link it would appear that others in attendance where commenting on her not wearing a mask. Sounds like they may have been concerned about it.

What would I expect the cop to do?
Tell people to stop being a bunch of cowards for being afraid of someone not wearing a mask, while nowhere near them, while they're all sitting outside. Pandering to them just emboldens their delusions. So yes, the cop should have walked away.
Your justification for the incident being that "others in attendance were commenting" and "may have been concerned" is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think you want the kind of world you think you want.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To bad there wasn't any real men there to stand up for those two ladies.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The other problem with this is that everyone says ... "Well, if the state would just issue a mandate ..." or "If the feds would just issue a mandate ..."

They think it would make everything clear and simple and easy to follow, but it seems in this case, the woman was following Ohio's state mandate rules, and she still got in trouble because it seems the school district chose to impose different rules and then the cops chose to back those rules over the state ones.

Obviously, she disagreed.

I fail to see how having overlapping layers of mandates in this case was any more clear and simple than having different mandates in different places like we have now.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

using a taser for what, nothing more than a power trip, imagine going home to your family and sitting round the dinner table

"how was you day at work dad", "yeah honey how was your day at work"

"well i tased an unarmed girl who was at least 3 times smaller than me"

wife and kids get up and leave.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Look it doesn't matter who you are: white woman or black male; you resist arrest and bad things happen to you. Had she reached for a weapon, she might have been shot.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
This is the new normal for the USA.
Cops/Security etc. will never be respected because their authoritarianism BS.

Arrested and tased for not wearing a mask.
www.youtube.com...

And those useless tools just watching it happen. Good for them. They should feel so proud of themselves.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes! They are being good obedient citizens at the expense of personal freedoms.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no mention of colour as its irrelevant, but if a security gaurd cant get assistance to apply a set of hand cuffs he may need more training, resisting arrest should then not mean the security/cops can just increase the range of weapons they use, what exactly was this unarmed woman going to do which could endanger the stronger male, it looks like he ran out of patience and resorted to bullyboy tactics.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

Too bad it won't make it's way out here. Though, i'm still thankful I got the hell out of Vancouver before this started. I would have have lost my mind living in the city during this #. I probably would have been arrested by now and you guy's would all be laughing at the thread with the video of the dude losing his # on a sky train cop the first time I got told to get off the train for not walking in the designated spot or wearing a mask...

Thankfully, i've managed to avoid even going out there for the last 10 months or so....

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
a reply to: alldaylong

If the cops aren't wearing a mask, why the hell should anyone else?!

Serious question.

The irony is unbelievable! #🤡

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So long as you don’t complain about them removing their masks while they’re engaged in an activity covered by an exclusion

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hmmm....
I will be attending a high school football game this afternoon.
I will be paying to enter.
I think I will have to follow the posted rules or I will be asked to leave.

This isn't really as hard as some are pretending it is.

link   
It is legal to resist an unlawful arrest.

link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The point is that resisting arrest is never a wise move for anyone.

The real argument is whether or not the arrest should have been made to begin with.

link   
I can't believe there are some clowns in this thread who think that was reasonable behaviour by the police officer/security guard (whetver he was).

It's just sad that some of those people did not get involved and hold the police officer back from doing anything so they could call a lawyer or some other cops.

edit on 24/9/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Which rules?

Generally, federal rules trump state trump local. These are local rules, and not even private business rules at that. The state rules would grant her an exemption if she has asthma.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You should look up trespassing

So should you. For it to be Trespassing, one of two things needs to happen.

One, the property in question needs to be posted with "No Trespassing" signs in accordance with local laws.

Two, the owner of the property or a designated representative must request the removal of a person in a non-posted area. The person needs to be given a chance to leave, only then can law enforcement become involved. Law enforcement has to ask them to leave and give them time to comply, before an arrest can occur.

Who was the property owner or representative?

The wearing of masks is a directive. It is a civil, not criminal offense at the worst a fine can be given an arrest is not justified. The police should have cited her and that's it.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: schadenfreude
Ugh...
She should have left when they asked her to leave.

If it's a public school, payed for by tax money, it is a public space she was legally entitled to be. You cannot be trespassed from public spaces.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join