It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a big deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok, so my kids started homeschooling a couple of weeks ago. I help my 3rd grader alot more. Especially with logging on into programs she uses for school. In her vocabulary lesson, the word was "anonymous" . It gave the definition, and said it was an adjective and then gave an example in the form of a sentence. Fine.

It was the symbol on the screen that got me. They actually used the "Anonymous Logo" , yes the headless guy in a suit with a question mark where his head should be.

I thought they could have just used a giant question mark.

Should I be upset? I'm kinda irked at least. But if i say something, if someone else says something, this will be on the news. I dont like it. But in this day, crap like this is newsworthy and I don't want to be on the news.
edit on 10-9-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Goes to show you the intelligence of the people in charge of educating our children? Even though you homeschool your children, you as a parent still need to evaluate the quality of the trash that is put out there as educational!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The "V for Vendetta" mask is a hot item for Halloween kids costume. Don't get upset, we are just getting old.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The logo....no ...not cool at all for grades through 7 or 8, nah

Galaga....I was a master....could get to 241,000 in 4 minutes....then more

Cool thread....we do not need govt schools...i have a special curriculum....telll the youth how the world really works.....and real history...and teach em a friggin trade.....and investing

editby]edit on 10-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Goes to show you the intelligence of the people in charge of educating our children? Even though you homeschool your children, you as a parent still need to evaluate the quality of the trash that is put out there as educational!

It's only "home school" because of Covid. This is our public school system.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Warping little minds one at a time...

Lets face it the first latch key generation is now getting up there and in charge of school curriculum, our education system takes first year teachers excited about teaching and basically kills their enthusiasm immediately,indoctrinates them and if they dont conform you are out. Especially in the large metropolitan areas they jus push the kids through the system.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ahhhhhhh, well there ya go? I mean most adults know what anonymous should mean if looked up in a dictionary, so why is the Department of Education twisting it to mean something different?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ahhhhhhh, well there ya go? I mean most adults know what anonymous should mean if looked up in a dictionary, so why is the Department of Education twisting it to mean something different?

Yeah, like I said, they could have just used a giant question mark.

They never referred to it as a group. They just used the logo.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not a big deal in my opinion. That was probably the first piece of clip art that popped up on a google search. It’s actually a pretty good symbol for the word “anonymous”.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Under the circumstances you might consider some of the other home school options. Not the ones connected to your school district.

My grandchildren have been home schooling for three years due to the sorry state of our local schools. They do on-line work as well as off-line home work and have a virtual teacher (real teacher on live vid) one hour a day. All workbooks etc. are included and it cost about 30. a month. My kids love it and I get to be involved.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yes. I am irked for you. Find another parent or two who also doesn’t like it, and complain together. It should end up on the news.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The "V for Vendetta" mask is a hot item for Halloween kids costume. Don't get upset, we are just getting old.

Maybe. I don’t know. I’m just thinking about the small little baby steps of extreme left stuff they have been inserting into public education as “fact” over the last what, two decades? So much that teaching transgenderism and homosexuality to effing KINDERGARTENERS hit us in the face a few years ago. Why? Because normal parents let the little things slide by. And then “suddenly” we have 6 year-olds cross-dressing to school and demanding their rights as a trans. You know? I just think we all drooped the ball, and we need to pick it back up, maybe even over small things. We need to keep an eye on these freaks running our schools.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd say stupid, but probably not malicious. Some idiot had to find a graphic to depict the word anonymous, so they did an Internet search, grabbed the first image that came up and stuck it in.

In other words, if you're really uncertain as to whether it's stupidity or malice ... it's probably stupidity.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Well, that's a whole different thing and I agree with you about it.

Thank God my kids are 18+ and they not even like hip hop.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you are homeschooling I would like you to know that a lot is two words.

This explanation has helped many of the afflicted

The Alot Is Better Than You At Everything

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
If you are homeschooling I would like you to know that a lot is two words.

This explanation has helped many of the afflicted

The Alot Is Better Than You At Everything

Thank you for the correction. But when referring to a specific word, you should use quotations. " a lot" .

new topics

top topics

active topics

join