It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wild fire drama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Be safe out there DB, I know we hardly ever agree on anything but I hope you and your family stay safe and secure.

Plus I'm sure the devil would never let one of his own burn!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks and thanks to everyone, we survived the night!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We barely got out DB. Everything is destroyed down South. Please stay alert, its took on a crazy life of its own...

Havent been able to get within 5 miles and a Mountain to our home. I have photo journaled most real time, but laptop and pooters may be melted so if I can do a legit post from this damn Samsung Ill try to get an OP goin when this is over.

We finally got a hotel for one night, hopefully another, fire is mo ing towards our evac center...so that doesnt seem prudent.

Its a luteral hell on earth here...night before last I drscribed as Frodo and Samwise on Mt Doom.

U hope you have full face gear for your family, we needed ours, it saved me with asthma. Stay alert, pack your vehicles please.

Best brother

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Take care.

they had an evac center in Lincoln City but had to move that to Newport when the fire moved into town. Our fire isn't contained yet but they haven't got us in an evac stage either.

My best thoughts are with you and yours.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
to DBCowboy and anyone dealing with these fires stay safe! I saw in another thread you took some people in that was a nice thing to do to help...I have no threat of fire but we have lots of smoke and particulates in the air...all orange and just dark all day long yesterday...the forescast says the air will be even worse up to dangerous on the scale this weekend

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oh, man! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope for the best when you can finally get back in, but the most important thing is that you all got out OK.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

When I woke up and looked outside this morning, the sky was so yellow-orangish I thought I was on Venus.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I see that you have a pasture looking out on one side; does the rest of your perimeter have a good fire break?
edit on 9/10/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Two questions.

Don't you have a log cabin? And are you regretting that choice now over the concrete Fuhrer Bunker option?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
Ok, I'll say it...Orange Air bad!

Orange cat bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I see that you have a pasture looking out on one side; does the rest of your perimeter have a good fire break?

It does!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Two questions.

Don't you have a log cabin? And are you regretting that choice now over the concrete Fuhrer Bunker option?

The concrete bridge that I live under provides more than enough shelter.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thinking about you DB Cowboy! Prayers that all will be okay. Please keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Thinking about you DB Cowboy! Prayers that all will be okay. Please keep us posted.

No change, we still have a couple of families with us.

No change on the fire status.

I'd take another pic but it'd be the same.

Just grey, smoky clouds.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thank you Ketsuko. I managed to hoof it into Talent, OR where we live...75% gone..our home still stands, we are fortunate.

It turns out its arson...we have molotovs being thrown in fields on the 5 from Talent to Central Point last I heard. Looting is talked about, but we locals are banding together and helping each other out.

Theres a murder accidental death too as a body was found in direct relation to a fire.

Its surreal, its like living in a dystopian nightmare...our poor daughter

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Thank you Ketsuko. I managed to hoof it into Talent, OR where we live...75% gone..our home still stands, we are fortunate.

It turns out its arson...we have molotovs being thrown in fields on the 5 from Talent to Central Point last I heard. Looting is talked about, but we locals are banding together and helping each other out.

Theres a murder accidental death too as a body was found in direct relation to a fire.

I'm glad your home is still standing.

*whew*

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I'm glad your home is still standing.

*whew*
You and us...no utilities, but we have our lives and our home.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The concrete bridge that I live under provides more than enough shelter.

Well, stay safe and if you need any help drinking up the good stuff because you can't move it all let me know.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I saw that thread on arson.

If they catch those ............ (insert expletive of choice), they need to be strung out to dry and left to desiccate for a good long time.

That's an act of ... not sure at this point, either terrorism or war.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Hey there you are I was think'n bout you last night.
Had to jump up and see if you posted yet. Glad you're
okay DC and sorry this is happening to you guys.

I have no clue where any of this is leading us.

Keep em close

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Glad your house is still there.
Stay safe and vigilant!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join