It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. President Donald J. Trump Nominated for the Prestigious Nobel Peace Prize - 9.9.2020

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wednesday, September 9, 2020

After he and his Administration negotiated other agreements in various parts of the World, reporters would ask President Trump if he felt he deserved to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. President Trump would humbly respond, "PEACE is the prize" we seek.

Well, he might just receive the official reward too. I'm sure it would mean a lot to the Trump family, if not to the President himself.

EXCLUSIVE: Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), President Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize.

The nomination submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

TRUMP ANNOUNCES PEACE AGREEMENT BETWEEN ISRAEL, UAE

Tybring-Gjedde, in his nomination letter to the Nobel Committee, said the Trump administration has played a key role in the establishment of relations between Israel and the UAE. “As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity,” he wrote.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

-CareWeMust
edit on 9/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Too bad past recipients have rendered this award pretty much meaningless, President Trump actually earned it.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Too bad past recipients have rendered this award pretty much meaningless, President Trump actually earned it.

It will be a feather in his hat, and begin the Trump dynasty's collection of Nobel Peace Prizes.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That would be a very good sign for the Trump dynasty .

(post by ManFromEurope removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Looking forward to how the dims spin this today?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
k..

Seriously?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Nominations don’t really mean much, trump has been nominated before. Just like how Stalin was nominated, even Hitler was ironically nominated in 1939.

Last year there where over 300 nominations.

So yeah I wouldn’t be getting too excited about this yet

edit on 9-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

At least trump did something g to earn it unlike alot of others. This is a great sign for an election year.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

At least trump did something g to earn it unlike alot of others. This is a great sign for an election year.

You do realise he hasn’t won it yet and it’s unlikely that he will win it. It’s just a nomination which honestly isn’t too hard to get.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 9-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yea I realize that but he actually earned it. Peace between natio s is always a great thing.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Wow someone’s triggered. Relax guy. Even if he won there’s a good chance he’d turn it down anyway. That “prize” is a tainted joke.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Wow someone’s triggered. Relax guy. Even if he won there’s a good chance he’d turn it down anyway. That “prize” is a tainted joke.

Errrr triggered....calm yourself

Am just pointing out that a nomination is pretty meaningless and he is unlikely to win it.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Errrr triggered....calm yourself

Am just pointing out that a nomination is pretty meaningless and he is unlikely to win it.

Well if course he won’t win it. It’s actually given to war mongers as of late. Obama started numerous wars and received it, so that’s the reputation the award has now.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize can be made by any member of a government or international court. In theory, Alex Jones can also be nominated.

How is this Christian Tybring-Gjedde oriented politically? Maybe a liberal? Or just another of the usual right-wing populists...? The answer should not surprise anyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
A great insult to the President in my view.

To me this would be akin to being nominated a reward in the form of a bayonet stained by the blood of a thousand butchered villagers.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

A great insult to the President in my view.

That was my first reaction reading this headline. With what Obama done with the war machine is sad. He did get that medal at the start of his rein before he started blowing things up, it was more because of the end of racial discrimination in high office from what I understand about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Nominations don’t really mean much, trump has been nominated before. Just like how Stalin was nominated, even Hitler was ironically nominated in 1939.

Last year there where over 300 nominations.

So yeah I wouldn’t be getting too excited about this yet

Obama even won and he loved unauthorized drone strikes and proxy wars to topple governments. Doesn't mean much

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join