It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stunning drone show over St. Petersburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
On September 3, a large-scale drone show took place in the center of St. Petersburg in honor of the end of the Second World War. Almost 2,200 light drones simultaneously rose into the evening sky from the site of the small sports arena, synchronously rebuilding themselves into "live" pictures.

As conceived by the organizers, the light show became a figurative reflection of the feat of Soviet soldiers in the Great Patriotic War, and also reminded of the victory over Japan, which put the final point in the Second World War.

“Today the world record was broken in the category“ the largest number of unmanned aerial vehicles simultaneously in the air ”with a result of 2,198 vehicles,” the editor-in-chief and founder of the Russian Book of Records Stanislav Konenko told reporters.

According to the head of the drone show, Semyon Lobko, the previous world record was set in 2018, when 2 thousand 66 drones took to the air. The St. Petersburg company "Geoscan" raised its drones to a height of 50 to 300 m. They showed colorful figures 300 m high, the width at some moments reached 600 m. Among the figures are symbols of Victory: a Soviet soldier, a red star, a dove and the inscription "2020 - Year of memory and glory ".

The quadcopter show was named "Peaceful Sky", it became one of the events within the framework of the Year of Memory and Glory, recognized to preserve the memory of the Victory in World War II, instill and strengthen a sense of involvement of every citizen of Russia, regardless of his age, to the historical events of 1939 -1945 years.

Thank.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

This is the entire show. I especially like the UFO that shows up at 5:46.

I'm predicting that at some point fireworks are going to be replaced with displays like this. Imagine if battery technology was at a place with tens of thousands could be used to create super - realistic holograms in the sky.

edit on 8-9-2020 by billxam because: added video code

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

definitely cool stuff there...

S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Fabulous! Thank you for posting!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Stunning!

I can’t imagine what’ll be possible in five or 10 years, with synchronized LED light displays on skyscrapers and increasingly capable drones. Add fireworks and searchlights and it would be mind blowing.

Technology is advancing so rapidly it’s kinda frightening.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Beautiful.

Just beautiful

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

my question is... can they mimic an aircraft flying into a building or something like that?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmocow

my question is... can they mimic an aircraft flying into a building or something like that?

In principle, they can. But for now, it will visually look like animation.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Fantastic show, go on St. Petersburg!. Most beautiful city

new topics

top topics

join