It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for USA voters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello ATS.
This thread is specifically for USA citizens who will be voting.

I want to know if you are confident that the election will not be tampered with via the Mail in voting system?

Do you think your vote is actually going to make it to the ballot box?

Or will it be in the news after the election, that bags of US mail-in votes are being found in landfills across the country?

Now, I'm not saying thats going to happen.
But it's in the realm of possibilities.

I'm just curious what you all think?

And in saying that, I urge you to vote in person if possible, to minimize any doubts.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

No mail in ballots here other than the previously existing absentee ballots.
The mass mail ballots will be challenged in court causing a huge mess.
IMO larger than the florida hanging chad debacle.

Either way, imo, trump wins bigly.

Compared to biden, mondale looks successful.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am not confidant that any voting won't be tampered with. However, I am not supportive of mass mail in voting. I will be voting in person. I believe if crowds can gather for protests then it is safe enough to enter a polling station.
edit on 4-9-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Amen!!!!

If groups of idiots can gather to burn buildings down, then surely to vote should be okay?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am confident that the election will not be tampered with.

That is not to say that Claims of tampering won’t be put forward.

I have not experienced any lapse in my regular mail service to date (I’m in Northern California), so I am pretty confident that, should I choose to mail my ballot in, it will be processed in a timely manner.

That being said, I may just take my completed ballot to the polls to file it in person anyway.

Old habits are hard to break!
edit on 4-9-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What if there was an election and nobody came.
I know who's in charge of my country.
He walks in the boots I'm wearing.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you can go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's , et al, then you can go to your local polling place.

My son and I have been attending in person practices and exercise sessions all summer ... mostly maskless because who can breathe and do cardio at the same time? Tougher folks than me with less asthma (exercise induced) for sure. If we can do that, then we can vote in person.

Part of the reason why we have in person voting in this country and only on one day is for the level of trust in the process it creates. You are physically part of the chain of custody for your ballot. You pick it up from a living person who physically checks your name against a roll. There are physical representatives of both parties present when this occurs. You mark it personally and walk it up to a locked ballot box that accepts it from you. Those ballots are them tallied by physical representatives of both parties.

It's all designed to create trust in the system.

Using mail with mystery ballots from mystery places going to mystery people at mystery places undermines that level of trust.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I expect wide-spread tampering with the election by Google, Facebook, Twitter etc. I also think if you want your vote to count you better do it in person. I have no doubt the mail-in votes will be tampered with or at least brought in to question.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I do not trust a mail-in ballot one bit. F that

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
we have troubled voting machines

mail in....naha....... the machines have a back door for each voting place official to do a final tally. the machine keeps votes in a decimal form for no reason.....then the officer tabulates by eye after it's ready for the final count, and he changes the decimal point then.....

reply to: [post=2540
edit on 4-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Because of the attack on the post office and the neutering of its services I have my doubts.

That’s the point of this administration doing that.
edit on 4-9-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Because of the attack on the post office and the neutering of its services I have my doubts.

That’s the point of this administration doing that.

Democrats : We want mail in ballots to cheat in the election
Trump : I am going to put a stop to that
Democrats : Trump ruined the mail service.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Anyone considering mail-in voting should try this -

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The post office has already said it won't be able to keep up with the volume under the current guidelines.

Besides..
If it's ok for my kids to go to school every day for 7 hours then it's safe enough to go to the voting booth.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Dems are pushing the COVID to hard to try to get people to use mail-in/absentee ballots. For some reason (unknown to average citizens) they believe this will in the election. Repubs are too far on the over end of the spectrum like the Rona is hardly anything. Either option for prez is IMO not very good, but I don't like the idea of trying to turn Americans ageist one another based of political ideology, ethnicity, gender, or status in life, frankly I am sick of it. We need to come together as a country.

I will be voting in person.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
news article in my area claims that mail in ballots are popular among democrats. Wonder why that is?

but I think most will just vote in person. You can do it either on your way to the riots or on the way back.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear so far that just about everyone plans on voting in person.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think mail in is a good idea to help prevent spread of COVID 19.

I also speculate that the electronic vote can be hacked...
By Russia.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Common sense says if Russia is so interested to help him win now, why wouldn't they of been back in 2016?🤔
But I know no proof so it couldn't of happened right...

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes I am a AMERICAN 😂😎

top topics

<<   2 >>

join