It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Crowned King In Secret Ceremony (Magazine Headline Dated 7th September)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm not attached to it either, more for emergency calls
and because some if my phone stuff ain't backed up, its usually on me

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Well, if nothing else, it'll be interesting to see if anything comes to fruition in the coming days.

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

So you drive for a coffee to a service station but leave your phone behind. Yeah right

How is that unusual? Mine never leaves the house, period. I take it nowhere, because I don't need it with me. People can wait until I get home for a return text or call. I'm not attached at the ear/thumb to electronics, and neither are many others.

Nyiah has a point.

I've been getting irritated with posters who make these type of assumptions like, "Everyone has a phone, so you are lying".

Firstly, the assumption that no one travels without a phone, esp. a smart phone with a camera, may have a statistical basis, so on it's face, it is not unreasonable to make such an assumption.

The vast majority of Americans – 96% – now own a cellphone of some kind. The share of Americans that own smartphones is now 81%, up from just 35% in Pew Research Center’s first survey of smartphone ownership conducted in 2011. Along with mobile phones, Americans own a range of other information devices.

Pew Research Link

So around 80% (of the U.S. in this example) own a smart phone, but how many of them take it everywhere, esp a short trip to a local store? At least 20% don't own a smart phone and likely don't have or use the camera on the phone they may, or may not carry at all times.

So, the assumption that everyone's got a phone with them at all times and have no excuse for not having some proof in the form of a picture is merely questioning the truthfulness of the report. This is basically saying the poster lied, an off handed accusation based on an assumption with a hole larger than at least 20% of the population.

It's rude and cynical and I'm getting tired of seeing this in so many posts lately. Give it time to play out and prove this one way or another.

PS: I rarely carry a phone when I travel. I have a cheap burner phone with no camera I may take on occasion when on a trip farther than a few miles or to work for emergency use.
edit on 31-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thankyou, that is the sort of answer I was after as I've not noticed it before.

Hey, you're welcome...learned that when my 80 yr old late mother noticed the Enquire trash rag said so-and-so has died...1 week ahead from that moment in line....

Take care, stay well....
edit on 31-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join