It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

highest-ranking U.S. military affairs analyst sucided aged 52

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Schinella was the highest-ranking military affairs analyst in the U.S. intelligence community

Don't remember this coming up before and can't find any posts about it which frankly boggles my mind:

SENIOR U.S. INTELLIGENCE OFFICIAL DIED BY SUICIDE IN JUNE

Anthony Schinella, 52, the National Intelligence Officer for Military Issues, shot himself on June 14 in the front yard of his Arlington home. A Virginia medical examiner’s report lists Schinella’s cause of death as suicide from a gunshot wound to the head. His wife, who had just married him weeks earlier, told The Intercept that she was in her car in the driveway, trying to get away from Schinella when she witnessed his suicide. At the time of his suicide, Schinella was weeks away from retirement.

Soon after his death, an FBI liaison to the CIA entered Schinella’s house and removed his passports, his secure phone, and searched through his belongings, according to his wife, Sara Corcoran, a Washington journalist.

Schinella was the highest-ranking military affairs analyst in the U.S. intelligence community, and was also a member of the powerful National Intelligence Council, which is responsible for producing the intelligence community’s most important analytical reports that go to the president and other top policymakers.

So this happened in mid June aaaaand: crickets!
edit on 27-8-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ahh the start of the witness purgings. Guess he opted out before the inevtitable "accident" took his life.
-Ming, is there a chineze connection there?? Could he have been the cobra working for the communists??

How extensive was his career in previous administrations??

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This solved this case:
"according to his wife, Sara Corcoran, a Washington journalist"

Now I'm not going to say that a certain shadow government did this, but really we've seen this before and it always just goes to the way side. The question we should be asking is what was the last thing we know he was looking into before this "Suicide" happened?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

It may be just another senseless tragedy.

Or it may be something much more.

The guy just got married too. Hardly the kind of thing that usually happens after what most people consider to be a happy, life affirming event. ANd he was getting ready to retire. You know - relax, travel, play golf, enjoy life, etc.

This might continue to just make cricket sounds, but I'm hoping there are some investigative reporters that are digging into the details and background of this suicide right now. It's definitely worth looking into, in my opinion...

Great find!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I heard about the suicide back in July. Rumor in M.I. field has it that the guy was part of the sedition designed to take Trump out. He was the leak at CIA, not Brennen. Instead of prison he took the coward's way out. He will be exposed soon enough.

No proof ..... only talk from my buddies in the M.I. field.

edit on 27-8-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

His wife, who had just married him weeks earlier, told The Intercept that she was in her car in the driveway, trying to get away from Schinella when she witnessed his suicide.

Wait , what ?
That does not sound very newlyweddish , does it ?
Family problems ?
Be my guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I really hope that everybody understand that this was no suicide..
WTF is going on in the USA. I live in Europe ..or such events are kept from the public over here..or something is really very wrong in the US.

Thats all..

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

I really hope that everybody understand that this was no suicide..
WTF is going on in the USA. I live in Europe ..or such events are kept from the public over here..or something is really very wrong in the US.

Thats all..

The difference being we as Americans demand to know what's going on inside our government. We don't get much information (underlined for those who got emotional from the first sentence) but we have enough people that dig into things that we at least get some. There are a lot of things wrong here, no question, but we're trying to fix at least some of those issues.
edit on 27-8-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

It may be just another senseless tragedy.

Or it may be something much more.

The guy just got married too. Hardly the kind of thing that usually happens after what most people consider to be a happy, life affirming event. ANd he was getting ready to retire. You know - relax, travel, play golf, enjoy life, etc.

This might continue to just make cricket sounds, but I'm hoping there are some investigative reporters that are digging into the details and background of this suicide right now. It's definitely worth looking into, in my opinion...

Great find!

Maybe he was involved in something so despicable that suicide was the only option... if he couldn't live with the shame. Whether it was pedo stuff, being a traitor to the US or maybe both.
If he was told that the current administration was aware of his misdeeds, that may have triggered the suicide.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

His wife was a reporter ..Maybe she was fleeing with some info that would ruin him.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: Gothmog

His wife was a reporter ..Maybe she was fleeing with some info that would ruin him.

Or , maybe, he had already went "over the edge"
That happens
Every
Single
Day
edit on 8/27/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Several things that stood out to me:

52 and close to retirement?

New wife who is also a journalist brings to mind the death by fiery car crash of muckraker Michael Hastings who at the time of his death was working on a book about then CIA chief John Brennan. Hasting's widow Elizabeth Jordan had announced after his death that his work about Brennan would soon be published in an article and/or book - never happened! She and Brennan now both work for MSNBC. It's a small world, isn't it?

Schinella's new wife might have been

- honeypot
- his assassin
- security to prevent an assassination
- simply his new wife

This formulation in the article from the OP stands out:

she was in her car in the driveway, trying to get away from Schinella when she witnessed his suicide. 

Yet no mention of him threatening her or her feeling threatened... Should this just be read as: she was about to drive away ?

Then we have this:

After his death, Schinella’s wife discovered a large collection of bondage and S&M gear that had been hidden in his house, along with 24 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

After... so not related to her "trying to get away" from him. Why is this even mentioned unless crime is implied? Was he involved in non-consensual BDSM scenarios or is that just the uneasy association that we, the public are supposed to have?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

After... so not related to her "trying to get away" from him. Why is this even mentioned unless crime is implied? Was he involved in non-consensual BDSM scenarios or is that just the uneasy association that we, the public are supposed to have?

Hell , if I had married someone and found a collection like that , I would have left them too .
And immediately reported it to the police.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Great break down. Doesn't make any sense at all. Also, you would think someone that dedicated there life to protecting the US, no matter how he died, would have a full front page article honoring him and his career. Hell, his wife could have easily wrote one up.

High Strangeness

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Mental illness is a hell of a thing.

His reason for doing this may have nothing to do with his job.

Could have been old memories from his past.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

His family could have requested that it stay out of the news.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The whole "discovered" a large BDSM collection and 24 guns with thousands of rounds of ammo.....that doesn't fly with me.

Unless this dude had some secret hidey hole in his home that she just happened to come across, she had to have known about these things before.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Suicides aren't generally reported. Lots of them now thanks to Covid confusion.

edit on 27-8-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

His wife, who had just married him weeks earlier, told The Intercept that she was in her car in the driveway, trying to get away from Schinella when she witnessed his suicide. At the time of his suicide, Schinella was weeks away from retirement.

So the wife he just married two weeks previous was the only witness, it doesn't say what she was trying to get away from and soon after his death an fbi liason to the cia came to take his passports and documents...

Ummm...alright...seems legit.

Nothing to see here I suppose.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Why was his wife “trying to get away from him?” Does that significant detail get explained at all??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join