It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safari is removing certain words from titles on webpages! Confirmed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
a reply to: CoramDeo

The Title is what is shown in the browser tab

You are confusing title with header

My bad. The title appears in its full form on each of the aforementioned devcies for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This image twophased.nl... shows it how safari on my ipad presents it, even after a couple of restarts.

a reply to: TheResidentAlien

edit on 20-8-2020 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

Restarting would not necessarily clear the cache of your ISP or browser (unless set to private).

Honestly, Safari / Apple modifying the title of a browser tab after already downloading makes no sense - if the whole page was re-written I'd understand the conspiracy theory, but I think you are reading into things too much where there is probably a perfectly simple techncial explanation.

Use a proxy.
edit on 20-8-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
I didn’t think it was apropriate to selfpromote my site. Besides, it’s mainly intended for friends. But since you put it this way, here ya go:
twophased.nl...
a reply to: schuyler

Yup. You screwed up your own code, but hey, rather than take responsibility, why not blame a conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Nice statement. I'm a fan of the General. It doesn't make a point though. You pay for your utilities, most people don't pay for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc. If you paid for the service, then I'd agree.

We pay with the time we invest in these companies and our rights to privacy as data collection and advertising revenue churn in the back ground.

Just because a corporation may appear to offer a free service does not mean it is allow to act in an illegal manner.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok, then tell me what I have to change to have safari display the title the right way (While chrome does it perfect), and I am the first to say I was wrong.

As soon as I get a chance I’ll make a totally clean new page, with only a title, to avoid other code influences. But I doubt if that will change anything.

Update:
I made a page named “test.html” in the same location, empty body, no code other than the title, same result. The funny thing is, when I do a collective view of all my open browser pages (in safari), the full title is displayed. I also removed the dash between plandemic and “watch before....”, no result. The tab still shows the title sans “plandemic”.

a reply to: schuyler

edit on 20-8-2020 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2020 by 2Faced because: Waiting 4 wisdom

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

As others have mentioned, I think there is a little confusion between Title and Header. Anything in Title tags is for search engines and to appear in the browser toolbar, tabs and bookmarks. It shouldn't appear on the webpage itself. However, I've noted that on mobile devices, browsers have a light data saving option. In that mode your title is displayed because the browser strips everything from the source code, leaving just the readable text. Reverting back to normal html view makes it disappear.

Here's an explanation about Title tags and their use:
w3schools: Title Tags

edit on 21-8-2020 by Encia22 because: Just tinkering

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join