It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Historically Known cultures hid information about the Ice Age

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vikramsingh

I have been Facinated and Informed Reading through this Thread . Thank You All .

" The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing . "

Socrates

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I would be all kinds of wicked. I'd be the primary reason they wrote the Ten Commandments.

Thou shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk. - Exodus 23:19

Must have been one hell of a party.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vikramsingh

Here is something to Ponder about our Ancient Ancestors . If Polygonal Masonary was Somehow Created in " Forms " , as some Researchers Believe , then Why would the Builders of it Not Standardize the Geometric Forms in the Rocks to make it Easier to Build their Constructs ? Instead , they Created Many Differnt Geometric Designs when Constructing Walls and Buildings . We are Dealing with some Seriously Superior Intellects compared to Our Modern Day Knowledge of Building Structures .These were not as We are Told by Acdemidia , " Primitive People " being Responsable for these Awesome Constructions IMO ...............

edit on 1-6-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ask yourself why "cave men" lived in caves?

There is no visible difference in technology between them and other stone tool using hunter gather tribes living in the Amazon that build shelters, instead of living in caves.

What did a cave offer that a shelter couldn't?

Recently a bunch of Elk that weight around 1,200 pounds, invaded a town in Oregon.

www.wweek.com...

An interesting trait of these elk is they are not afraid of humans. If you approach one the wrong way, they'll attack you.

I think the only reason animals leave humans alone is because nearly all animals that currently exist on our planet are semi-domesticated. If every wolf that goes charging into a human settlement dies, and none of them ever safely return, that's animal husbandry in action.

I don't think the megafauna of the ice age ever met with that selection. They were fully inclined to attack humans on sight.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The zodiac is probably more than 50k years old and is based on the cosmic hunter myth.

The aboriginies likely resulted from the last migration out of africa 50kya. They do not have the cosmic hunter mythos. That is an interesting correlation.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Somehow I had never put that together. It makes sense, considering most of the constellations are either animals, or a hunter.

It makes the most sense for such a myth to arise from the great ice age, when megafauna were considered enough of a threat, that a great hunter would be regarded as a hero.

But in later ages, after the megafauna had died out, and hunting animals was a relatively safe activity, where the animal usually didn't have much of a chance, I don't think a story about a "hunter" would be as inspiring as a story about a great soldier who slays the armies of the other human nations. Either that, or he would have to slay mythical monsters that spring from someone' imagination. But not mere animals.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The zodiac is probably more than 50k years old and is based on the cosmic hunter myth.

What evidence have you seen indicating that the zodiac goes back 50 Ka? The oldest dates I could find were for cave art and bone engravings charting lunar cycles and those only go back abput 25 KA. If there is something I've missed that shows an older date is love to read up on it.

The aboriginies likely resulted from the last migration out of africa 50kya.

MtDNA seems to indicate that Australian Aboriginals arrived there about 50Ka which would suggest they had to have left a little earlier unless they had a direct.map from East Africa across S. Asia and then which islands in the archipelago to hop and arrive in Australia with little delay. That doesn't seem to float.with Occams Razor but that's just my opinion.

They do not have the cosmic hunter mythos. That is an interesting correlation.

Could that be because the hunter mythos was a later Indo-European advent? Perhaps closer to the end of the LGM when temperatures became more moderate amd groups of people were more likely to encounter one another as opportunities to migrate increased?

I'm mostly.thinking out loud with a touch of devil's advocate thrown in for good measure.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Perhaps top leaders have known for decades of a periodic cataclysmic event due to arrive ", maybe their doomsday clock was set for "perihelion midnight".

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I may have babbled and fat fingered

The cosmic hunter is >30kya. Id have to look to find the citation. But yeah. The point was aboriginals lacked this as they were long since removed in the last Out Of Africa event and never really interacted with the Steppes, as they are known today.

What about Amerinds? Did they have a form of Cosmic Hunter? They certainly had the story telling traditions. But i could not tell you if there is a correlation there.

edit on 6/20/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I think my correlation indicates the aborigines were never north if the levant. That the mtdna tells that tale may support this. They apparently high tailed it pretty quick to the south. The north was already inhabited by various humanoids that, if the similarities of chimps and humans might indicate, were fairly hostile to interlopers.

It isnt "my correlation"...i read this speculation in a paper or magazine or something a fee years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would like some of you on this Thread to Please try and Debunk this Video . I find it Highly Compelling .........

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I would like some of you on this Thread to Please try and Debunk this Video . I find it Highly Compelling .........

Keep in mind that any individual can say anything they want in a video then post it to youtube.

Short version - no city has been found in the Valsequillo Basin.

Dates of artifacts at Hueyatlaco have been all over the place. There's no consensus on their age, but going by method of manufacture they're no older than 10,000 years or so.

Harte

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

" There's no consensus on their age, but going by method of manufacture they're no older than 10,000 "

Hmm... How do you come to that Conclusion , " no older than 10,000 " ? Is it Always the " Low Ball " Estimate that Keeps the Scientific Community Safe from Scrutiny ? The Geology would Argue Otherwise...........

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

" There's no consensus on their age, but going by method of manufacture they're no older than 10,000 "

Hmm... How do you come to that Conclusion , " no older than 10,000 " ? Is it Always the " Low Ball " Estimate that Keeps the Scientific Community Safe from Scrutiny ? The Geology would Argue Otherwise...........

Techniques of flaking and chipping stone tools follow a roughly accurate timeline. Method of manufacture and the shape of the tool.

Harte

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The geology does not argue otherwise because like I said, the dates fall between 250,000 years ago and maybe 10,000 years ago - with different methods giving wildly different results.
There's no consensus.

Harte

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

That is a fine example of the sort of discovery that you are tempted to brush under a rug. (It actually disagrees with my outlook too, until I revised it to accept it.)

But if you dig in, and accept that massive amounts of dating evidence are probably not wrong, there is always somewhere the data will fit.

In this case: all they found was stone tools too advanced for pre humans. Or are they? What if evolution had a "false start" some time prior to homo sapiens? Maybe a prior advanced hominid emerged, and then later on died out?

Or just as likely: maybe sapiens really is 400,000 years old, but living in harmony with nature, their population never got very big. So they left a light footprint in the archaeological record.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous]]

Excellent Post . You make Very Good Points there but......

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As someone who grew up on the bible (and another book I don't care to mention), one thing I have learned in life is that true stories don't follow a narrative.

Real life gallops around and does things that don't necessarily "develop the plot". Or a better way to say it would be "truth is stranger than fiction."

There could have been an advanced species before sapiens. If you look into Brien Forster's Caracass skulls documentaries, there is a pretty good chance the big skull guys he's looking at were another offshoot of protohuman, just like Neanderthal and Denisovan. Big brains, but maybe they needed too much nutrition, or weren't physical enough to win fights and/or didn't have high technology despite being smart. (Too few in number, or didn't have the social skills to join brain power the way sapiens do.)

Science is too eager to embrace narratives. It lets them become "established" on thread bare evidence, when there is no justification at all for them to be taken as "certain", and then demands absolute proof before they can be unseated.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I happen to be a Believer in Real Substantiated Factual Evidence in order to Challenge or Change an Existing Narritive . If Evidence Exists , and somehow Refutiates the Excepted Narritive , then I Feel it MUST Seriously be Considered Even If It's Debatable Proof Changes the Historical Timeline the Scienctific Establishment has Proposed to be Fact . No Theory is Free of Questioning , even that which somehow is Considerd a Gospel Truth to some . So Far , No one here has Convinced me the Proposals in that Video could Not be a Possible Calculated Reality .
edit on 25-6-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join