It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Covid-19 follow a similar path to Spanish Flu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I worried about that too. By social distancing we have not done our immune systems any good. We may have primed ourselvers for a much more deadly Second Wave. None of us are going to escape unscathed. If not our health then our pocket is going to be affected. Life is closing down for a while for all of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

Social distancing might have been one of the more benign measures, in my opinion.

Masks, diets, stress, fear, less exercise & sunlight, depression/despair, and others likely will have much more impact. Notably, this will increase severity of illness in general. However, it will be marketed as SARS-CoV-2 & covid specific because our perspective has been shaped to be as myopic as possible.

The warmer seasons were the time to get out and about. Severity is extremely low, yet community immune response is the same regardless of severity. Just like with kids "leading the charge" in long term public health and community immunity, exposure to pathogens in seasons of less severity is critical.

Typically after a rougher flu season, or a novel virus (they emerge quite frequently), the next season(s) are a b
less severe as the susceptible populations are almost always harder hit. Yet, this year, we may very well have immediately replaced our vulnerable population.. if not increased its size.

None of this will end until those profiting from the situation get what they want, or people wake up.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Hope for the best and plan for the worst, better plan for 3 years & 5 year global depression....

That sounds about right. The inevitable economic situation caused by covid19 will kill many more people than the actual virus.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This vid was just released.. Pretty solid examination of using tests to shape public perception.

Ill keep saying it too; Get self-sufficient in your home. ~100sqft of aquaponics per person yields about 1 pound of protein a day plus crops. Ive made threads on energy and aquaponics.

The concept of aquaponics could be used in poorer nations as well, as it isnt "new." Just requires knowledge and, perhaps, some clever use of siphons. Withe the vast sums of money given to the cause though, we could deploy the same low cost tech in every nation. Perpetual funding machines are not concerned with actually addressing any issues like poverty, hunger, public health, etc. They just rake in money.

We could not only go a long way in ameliorating these issues, worldwide, we could do so to stall out the current tailspin.

Bluntly, I dont think folks are actually interested in doing so.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kakamega

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Considering covid is being used as an economic and societal manipulation tool, I would think it would be worse than Spanish flu.

However it turns out, I can tell you this:

We won't be rid of covid, or the next 10 viruses they are creating, until they have made enough money and redistributed all the land and businesses due to bankruptcy.

Yes, I too think we are in for some very serious upheavel. I am not sure what to think about its deliberate creation. Who knows? The Spanish Flu was nature's response to our brutal war environment. All that gassing and bodies piling up, all the poverty and refugees seem to have combined to make the right environment for a pandemic.

Perhaps we have now made a similar combination just in different ways. It is obviously spreading like wildfire and lockdowns are having limited success.

It's not spreading like wild fire LOL. In 30 states the RT is less than 1.0

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is a French study on Hydrochloraquinine. Not in the result section of the article how the PClinO is associated with Beta blockers and angiotensin 2 blockers.

www.sciencedirect.com...

Here is another study that should be read. Seems like TDS is interfering with proper medical treatment research in the world

www.sciencedirect.com...
edit on 12-8-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join