It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Covid-19 follow a similar path to Spanish Flu?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was reading a history article about the Spanish Flu in 1918. Apparently there were Three Waves of the Virus. The Second Wave was the most deadly. It happened in the Autumn of 1918. The Virus then lasted for two years. It mutated in its Second Wave to become much more deadly.

If you read the article here you will note some striking similarities to our own predicament. Replace troop movements with tourism and travel as a vehicle for its spread and we are in a similar position without stretching the imagination too far.

www.history.com...

"While the global pandemic lasted for two years, a significant number of deaths were packed into three especially cruel months in the fall of 1918. Historians now believe that the fatal severity of the Spanish flu’s “second wave” was caused by a mutated virus spread by wartime troop movements."

The virus infected 500 million people worldwide and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims—that’s more than all of the soldiers and civilians killed during World War I combined

In Europe the Second Wave of Covid-19 has just begun as Autumn approaches. What a frightening similarity that is. If it mutates it could start killing young and healthy people too as did the Spanish Flu. It is a real possibility.

BBC News today,

www.bbc.co.uk...

Germany has recorded its biggest daily increase in coronavirus cases in more than three months as European countries struggle to curb a surge in infections. More than 1,200 cases were reported in Germany in the past 24 hours. Officials said the rise was due, in part, to people returning from holidays. It came as Germany warned against non-essential trips to parts of Spain. Meanwhile, France had 2,524 new cases in 24 hours, the highest daily rise since its lockdown was lifted in May.

Now our population is much bigger. In 1918 there were approx' just short of 2 billion people on the earth. The Spanish Flue affected 500 million, that is a quarter of the world's population at the time. If it affected a quarter now it could be short of 2 billion people. I am not sure we have seen anything like the end of this. It is possibly just the beginning and we could be in for two years of intense world wide disturbance.

www.worldometers.info...

1927: 2,000,000,000

Stay safe.

edit on 12-8-2020 by Kakamega because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Considering covid is being used as an economic and societal manipulation tool, I would think it would be worse than Spanish flu.

However it turns out, I can tell you this:

We won't be rid of covid, or the next 10 viruses they are creating, until they have made enough money and redistributed all the land and businesses due to bankruptcy.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Considering covid is being used as an economic and societal manipulation tool, I would think it would be worse than Spanish flu.

We won't be rid of covid, or the next 10 viruses they are creating, until they have made enough money and redistributed all the land and businesses due to bankruptcy.

Yes, I too think we are in for some very serious upheavel. I am not sure what to think about its deliberate creation. Who knows? The Spanish Flu was nature's response to our brutal war environment. All that gassing and bodies piling up, all the poverty and refugees seem to have combined to make the right environment for a pandemic.

Perhaps we have now made a similar combination just in different ways. It is obviously spreading like wildfire and lockdowns are having limited success.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Great comment, wish I could give you applause but I'm not a mod. Thanks anyway

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well so far the numbers for the 1st wave of COVID are barely worth mentioning.

They will really need to drum up the 2nd wave for it have any impact.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Who is "They"?
Russia? China? India? Indonesia? USA?

Why would China or Russia wait for the US to get done milking money out of it before they released a vaccine?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

So 160 000 dead Americans is barely worth mentioning.

How many dead American does there need to be from this virus for it to be worth mentioning?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

It was the same with the Spanish Flu compared to population size at the time.

As of 12 August 2020:

www.ecdc.europa.eu...

Total: 20330351 (cases) 742413 (deaths) 3617184 (cases in past 14 days)

If you notice the last 14 days have seen a sharp spike in world infections. It is no small matter.

If this trend continues and builds it is very possible it could go as crazy as Spanish Flu and affect a quarter of our world population within two years.

It is still building. It really is not over. The U.S is just coming out of the First Wave and rates are falling as they did in UK and Europe. What will happen in the Second Wave this Autumn? Well we will soon find out. Britain too has seen a big spike in infections and quite possibly the beginning of an Autumnal Second Wave.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Who is "They"?

Why would China or Russia wait for the US to get done milking money out of it before they released a vaccine?

You speak as if they are separate entities.

Only for our entertainment and drama.

They stand united.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

I believe it's just a natural reaction to overpopulation and resources being used at an unsustainable level.

Same thing happens in animals and insects. Populations boom until some natural reset/deadmans switch gets tripped, and then disease things the hurd to sustainable numbers.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You are too kind.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou
There is no 2nd wave. It never went away, just reduced spread from the lock downs. The Spanish flu started as a nasty flu, then came back as something that could kill a healthy person in 24 - 48 hours after onset of symptoms. There is no comparison.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Who is "They"?

First question: The true elite that control 90-95% of the world's markets.

Second question: Because they play the game as well. Any psychopath with no regard for human life would gladly make a whole batch of different vaccines to sell to the whole #ing world.

I'm sure they already have them, and will roll out at least three different vaccines for us to gladly pay for...

Rinse, repeat..

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I believe it's just a natural reaction to overpopulation and resources being used at an unsustainable level.

Same thing happens in animals and insects. Populations boom until some natural reset/deadmans switch gets tripped, and then disease things the hurd to sustainable numbers.

I believe that too. It has been a hundred years since the last main one and we are well crowded now with 4 times as many people on the planet near enough. Nature can be very cruel. It has no conscience. It is a serial killer, the worst of all, when it needs to be. Hanibal Lektor has nothing on Mama Nature!

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
20 million infections yet ... 3.5 billion to go...sigh...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
a reply to: Notoneofyou
There is no 2nd wave. It never went away, just reduced spread from the lock downs. The Spanish flu started as a nasty flu, then came back as something that could kill a healthy person in 24 - 48 hours after onset of symptoms. There is no comparison.

The Spanish flu came about due to unsanitary conditions that were out of control.
That's nature's way of eradicating/regulating parasitic life forms.

Covid is man made. It's a weapon, that is working exactly as intended.

My opinion, of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
20 million infections yet ... 3.5 billion to go...sigh...

It has not yet even spiked world wide and it is gathering momentum. We could be in for two years of this. As I wrote the Second Wave of the Spanish Flu is what did most of the damage. That is just beginning as we face Autumn and Winter when Viruses do what they do best of all.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
yep...no escape possible
we better have to look 5 years further
scenario like an zombie movie ...a reply to: Kakamega

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

In terms of scale.. Highly, highly unlikely.

In terms of pattern.. Id say its a damn good chance it will follow a similar pattern.

Hope-Simpson has some fascinating work on the subject in The Transmission of Epidemic Influenza

Also, seasonality of viruses doesnt necessarily mean the viruses disappear, it refers more to severity of outcome. This is why the propaganda machines have switched to cases to keep fear stoked.

All that said.. Thats considering the situation in a somewhat normal context. We have essentially spent the entire year so far compromising immune systems by a massive variety of angles, while completely eschewing anything that might change that. I suspect that will have some pretty rough results, which will precipitate more of the exact same detrimental measures and behavior. The push for influenza vaccines, specifically, in light of questions about virus interference with coronaviruses is just one of many concerns.

The "experts" and their media mouthpieces have been leading us down a very, very dark road here. They have weaponized peoples ignorance about seasonal outbreaks and viruses in general, likely for their own goals and agendas. Had we done nothing, it probably would have been about a normal "flu" season. Particularly when we consider how the numbers change when examining nursing home deaths. Hopefully the inclusion of Dr. Atlas, followed by in-depth investigations into people like Fauci, will steer us a bit closer to territory that isnt laughably absurd and deleterious.

There are plenty of reasonable actions and measures we could take to reduce the impact of seasonal outbreaks. None of which are part of the Official Narrative.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hope for the best and plan for the worst, better plan for 3 years & 5 year global depression....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join