It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Built Backdoor in Intel Products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: kinglizard

Spy Agencies can see us through our television, our Amazon Echo, all the modern internet-connected stuff. But most of us are not worth spying on.

That's why we don't have a smart TV or any of the plug-in crap to automate things or listen to us. We're as boring as you can get (I think) but I still disabled the cameras and microphones on our PCs. Our power company wants us to consider their "smart" program for "saving energy" by installing devices that automatically control the heat, lights and other devices. I flat-out told them absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
Did a thread on it last year, I was able to find some data on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The SMM is for the SMBus.
That has been patched .

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

My smart TV does not have a camera nor microphone to my knowledge, not a bad 4K 65" LG TV nether.

Dont get a smart meter mate if you can at all help it, they are murder, cash monies wise anyhow.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If your tv is 4k, at least half the chips in it are made by companies more than willing to sell your data.
Why do you think that tv was so cheap?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

It was not cheap, about £750 notes when i got her.

Most IC are produced in other nations because its cost-effective by these companies to do so.

As to these companies, any company will sell you there products, especially if the price is right, meta-information is no different there.

After all, knowledge is power.
edit on 7-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We were all worried about the chinese app Tik Tok, but the NSA is already spying on us and the rest of the world..

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

There is no real anonymity in the information age in which we live.

And the level of surveillance capabilities is only going to get more pervasive as the likes of 5G enable "The internet of Things" to come about.

And that's just the world that we live in of our own creation and volition no less.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Massive 20GB Intel IP Data Breach Floods the Internet, Mentions Backdoors (Intel Responds)

www.tomshardware.com...

slashdot.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea anx the people just accept it because they want the next shiny thing. Who cares if it has health effects or uses your private data without your consent.

Gimmie that iPhone 20. Turn on 5g so i can play video games!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Nailed it!

Bright shiny things that flash, light up and make noise.

Somewhat transcend our illusory notion or care of what constitutes our security, privacy, or even health.

The information age was never going to change that part of the human condition and only ever enable it if we are honest with ourselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
Did a thread on it last year, I was able to find some data on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The SMM is for the SMBus.
That has been patched .

Not sure what you mean by that, my thread was about the Management Engine chipset, (ME, IME, TPM, etc.,) which is integral hardware that can't be removed. If you're trying to say that some patch has been designed that disables it, well that's nice, do tell. I'll say up front that I'm skeptical that what you're referencing does that, though I'm open to being convinced.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Intel wasn't hacked, they were ordered.
The NSA said jump, they jumped.

If you're surprised by this you've missed the bus.

Your tv is spying on you.
Your cell phone is tracking you in more ways than you know.

Pretty much as I was implying back a bit, and it didn't happen yesterday...or the day before.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
New MIcrosoft User Agreement Targets Copyright & "Extremist Content"

No longer will censorship be restricted to the web, it is coming for your local PC. Who is going to moderate this and define the terms from their perspective?

I don't know much about Apple, but with a lot of their manufacturing moving to China it is hard not to consider the CCP has a back door with their authoritarian stance.

Personally I have been sticking with linux, it is not the latest or greatest but does the job without all the bloat ware.

what a load of horsesh.t.

i didn't even bother to watch the whole video, for one simple reason: that guy confuses services with windows. it doesn't apply to windows specifically, rather to their online apps like office365 and outlook, and services connected with them, be it azure, outlook email, one drive storage, or whatever else.

for example, when they say they may block communications to/from services, it means when someone sends you an email containing illegal content, they may block its delivery. such things are done by automatic solutions like those preventing the spread of phishing emails and so on. nothing nefarious about it.

i'm far from defending microsoft. granted, i'm using their services, just like i'm using google's services, while keeping an eye on privacy settings, as that's the most reasonable option - in some situations you just cannot cut yourself from one or another company (try cutting your ties with google as android app developer, for example). but lets just be honest about it, instead of throwing manufactured sh.t at corporations hoping that something sticks.

sent using firefox running under manjaro linux.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
loll without an backdoor for all agency's no software is allowed in the USA
thought it was already known that internet was invented and later used as www for mind-control and collecting info for the gov's ...
latest scam is tic-tok... all data has to go to the NSA couse china refused to give them the tictoc data
clue:
wat is good for you is farrrrr better profit for youre GOV.!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Crypto AG case.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

And that right there is pretty much how "they" roll in spades.

As to Trump's Tiktok ban, my bet that's about more than just the meta information or whichever alphabet agencies have access to such.

It's about the removal of a platform that takes the pee out him with an audience he fails to understand.

It's not white shirts he wants to wear but a brown one to match his underwear.
edit on 8-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The American and European governments would not allow any tech company to sell it's products in the their Countries if they did not have back door access to spy. I persume anything I do online is being tracked and recorded by security services, Either domestic or foreign. Sad state of affairs to have to say that, But the powers our Governments have given themselves is frightening. They will never give them up. Instead just keep empowering themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

We are always being spied on, no document in court needs to be heard, signed or approved before they started doing this. They being five eyes, NSA, FBI, echelon. They use a multitude of diodes to monitor all in air communications globally and all satellites communications. We need not agree or disagree, we have been monitored since the beginning of time even before computers. This is the sad state of affairs. People worry about amazon echo or google home or TV, cookies and what not. These agencies are way above that, they sit on the fibres of our internet in black rooms, they sift through every byte of data that flows in and out of nearly every country for keywords, types of signatures in our writing patterns, cryptographically avoiding our detection and using our data for more then just whether your a good or not. You me all of us are being quantified, statistically mapped for future alerting systems where you are nothing but green, amber or red threat status. I could go on, there is alot more to this world then we are aware of and most dont know even a small percentage of the above.
edit on 9-8-2020 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This was not just found a few hours ago. This was found about 6 years ago, and was a major deal.

It's not just Intel, either. AMD too. And not just computers. Every piece of network hardware has a CPU in it. Even basic consumer devices like hard drives can have a backdoor preloaded on them.

The last generation of CPU that does not have a hardware backdoor is the Core II Duo. Everything after that is compromised.

On Intel its called vPro, iirc. On business systems, it's advertised as a system administration tool; on consumer systems, it's there, but not advertised.

edit on 9-8-2020 by rounda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join