It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lilly Wachowski confirms 'Matrix' series is a transgender allegory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I dunno, I'm bored...

But for anyone who's ever seen the matrix movies and wondered if there was any hidden meanings or underlying stories...well...straight from one of the Wachowski broth...uhh...directors...The matrix series is actually a transgender allegory.

www.nbcnews.com...

The co-director of the popular "Matrix" trilogy Lilly Wachowski confirmed that the sci-fi series is a transgender allegory.

Responding to a question posed about this Matrix fan theory, Wachowski said she was “glad that it has gotten out that that was the original intention.”

“The world wasn’t quite ready yet,” Wachowski said during a Netflix video interview that was posted Tuesday. “The corporate world wasn’t ready for it.”

She described Switch, “a character who would be a man in the real world and then a woman in the Matrix," as representative of where her and her sister’s “headspaces were” when they were making the films.

Wachowski said she loves how “meaningful” the films are to transgender people.
The way that they come up to me and say: these movies saved my life,” Wachowski said, “I’m grateful that I can be throwing them a rope to help them along their journey.

So I guess that was the whole point of the matrix trilogy...soon to be quadrilogy...

Somehow, that storyline about intelligent robots enslaving humanity in a virtual mental prison while they use them as living batteries is actually about being transgender...whodathunkit?
edit on 6/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No, it's not

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

More of a character was a transgender allegory than the whole movie?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

To be honest, I don't even remember that character...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yeah it was all a bit to,deep,for me as a movie, great action and story but, didn’t notice anything like transgender characters. I miss most stuff, esoteric nonsense as far as I am concerned
Artistic license or drama queens trying to add personal meaning no one really cares about, John Wick would have sorted their psychological issues out quick smart

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I thought Neo was bad ass when he saved Trinity when the helicopter was crashing.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I tried to find a clip on youtube of this char.. but I do not think I had any luck
The closest I came was this:

edit on 6-8-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Ahahahahhaha

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Switch was the non-gender looking character with the short blond hair. She had the gun pointed at Neo when they were removing the "squiddy" tracker from his belly button.

matrix.fandom.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
I agree.
Pretty convenient to come out NOW and say, "Oh, yeah, that was what it was about". "We totally meant that!"

Pandering.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Maybe she meant to say: Throw them a rope to help them hang themselves'

and I don't see anything at all in the Matrix movies to do with Trans!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So here's how I see the Switch conversation, you've got Switch that presents as female in their Matrix self, and then you would have a male in the real world. Would that not have been seen as a "good" thing that the Matrix was able to do? Allow you to live out in the manner you actually felt? Seems like it may have backfired a little there. If it were the opposite direction and your Matrix self looked nothing like your real self in some cases, it would be something I could see as a good outcome.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well theres a good advertisement for Matrix 4 does Neo morph into Trinty I can definitely see a part for Caitlyn

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The whole thing was dumped, clearly people could be whatever they wanted to be in the matrix and if a Male was Female it would not have anything to do with "gender identity" anymore than it does in video games.

In the original script of the Matrix film, Switch changed genders upon entering the Matrix, which coined their name, Switch. In the real world, Switch would be male, and in the Matrix, Switch would be female - a very clever and critical point of the 'residual self-image' idea. When the actress, Belinda McClory auditioned for the role, she was going for only half the role - Switch's Matrix form.

Warner Brothers made the decision to cut this and give Switch one form for both environments.

Switch's presentation is deliberately androgynous to pay homage to her original concept.

matrix.fandom.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The matrix series is actually a transgender allegory

One character was going to be not the whole movie series!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Intersectionalism ruins everything.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

In other news....Tarantino movies are all allegories for toe sucking...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

They've lost their minds obviously. They wanna glue their new identity on it, milking it one more time while placating the blue pill crowds pretending that chopping their dicks off was a red pill freedom. Completely nuts.
They are irrelevant.
The movie was good. They didnt get it. Sometimes great ideas come through weak vessels and they lose it. R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Lol what?

Huge fan of the matrix here and I’ve heard the argument the Matrix is an allegory for Jesus, and has obvious aspects of “the hero’s journey” but never have I seen anything connecting it to trans experiences.

This seems like a 20 years later retcon and pandering attempt more than anything. My understanding is they are basically just saying “hey you know that one side character with like 4 lines? Yeah there trans now. . .errr. . . I mean they were the whole time you just weren't ready for it cause your all bigots.”

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Bandwagon.
Attention seeking.
Lying.
Them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join