It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fairly simple solution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So, this whole Corona Virus thing is REALLY startin to piss me off. And COVID19 (or Covey, as I like to call it) has proven to be quite the relentless and extremely stubborn (not so) lil' pandemic. Not only has it taken the lives of many, but it has dramatically altered the lives of so, so many more. And I'm sure most of you will agree when I say that this whole "new reality" thing really sucks. I mean, how long is it gonna be before we get this bugger under some kind of control? Months? Maybe years? And then how much longer until life gets back to, a more or less, pre-pandemic state? Who frickin' knows, right?! And I really wanna go to a at least a couple more of those old-school, head-bangin, packed in like sardines, type of concerts before I die. I mean, I'm not quite Joe Biden yet (sorry dems, I couldn't resist), but it won't be long before attending those events would just be too dangerous. Not to mention, a wee bit awkward. And I want the movie theaters back. I never thought i'd miss those things... but I do. Oh yeah, and frickin' Disney World!! I want to go to Disney World (not land, it sucks) again. So much of our lives was taken away from us. And then, everything else we had left, was flipped over onto it's head. All. by. Covey. Frickin' Covey, you sorry SOB.

Okay enough of my rantin n ravin. It's time to take a deep breath... and move forward.

It's time for what you all came for. I will now unveil my "FAIRLY SIMPLE SOLUTION".. (drum roll)...

EVERYBODY STAY HOME FOR 2 (maybe 3) WEEKS

Seriously, think about it. In theory, if everyone stayed home for 2 - 3 weeks, the currently infected could only possibly infect those within their own household. Then we would have to allow enough time for those cases to run their course and then... viola. Covey is, theoretically, down for the count. Okay okay. I know that it would not be that easy. There are many, many things which need to factor into this theory of a solution. Here are a few of the important parts:

Everybody would know the start date well in advance and have plenty of time stock food, supplies and get mentally prepared.

Some super essential workers could go to work. But, really there aren't many of those. A handful of city workers to keep the power on and the water running who would not have to even come in contact with each other.

We would need doctors and nurses at the hospitals to take care of the really sick or injured. They would hopefully be okay with living at the hospital for a few weeks. They could set up trailers for living quarters out in the parking lot. Which leads me to my next item.

The ONLY way that you could leave your house would be for a "LIFE OR DEATH" type situation (or broken bones, i guess. but that's it)

We would need patrol officers looking for people trying to sneak around on foot and pulling over anyone and everyone out driving a vehicle.

I'm sure most people would be willing to make the "sacrifice" of roughing it for a couple weeks in exchange for an almost instant return to normalcy. Heck, if this was done months ago, ol' Covey would be a bad memory by now.

I understand that there will probably be some traces of the virus somewhere and that we may never actually completely wipe it out, but we would surely have it under control. And by using what we have already learned about the virus, I have no doubt we would be able to keep it under control.

So thats it. My "SIMPLE SOLUTION". I'm sure there are factors i hadn't thought of, but over-all I think it's a pretty solid theory. What do you think?

Thank you for reading.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/8/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

Did I travel back in time to March or something?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Nowhere that I know of did anything like this back in March

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I was actually prepared for that in early January.
But they farted around and didn't close the schools or do anything that would have actually helped. They closed down small businesses. Left the big ones open and told us not to wear masks.... so everyone crowded into those ones.
Decreed that people not visit their grandparents in nursing homes, then forced nursing homes to accept COVID positive patients.

It has been one big stupid-fest.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Are you talking about everyone on the planet staying home for 2/3 weeks?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ya sure we were on "lockdown". But I left my house every day. I even rode the city bus. I went to friends houses, grocery stores, convenience stores. I would go out for walks. It was far from any real sort of lockdown

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Won't work.

This damned disease can stay with you for months. There are people that are still testing positive and have symptoms since March.

8 positive coronavirus tests in 50 days. How long can it really take to recover?

www.cbsnews.com...

www.theatlantic.com...

COVID-19 Can Last for Several Months
The disease’s “long-haulers” have endured relentless waves of debilitating symptoms—and disbelief from doctors and friends.
edit on 6-8-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

No. But I am talking about closing the borders to anyone incoming until the rest of the world catches up.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Or at least having a strict testing protocol in place for anyone incoming

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Won't work.

This damned disease can stay with you for months. There are people that are still testing positive and have symptoms since March.

www.theatlantic.com...

COVID-19 Can Last for Several Months
The disease’s “long-haulers” have endured relentless waves of debilitating symptoms—and disbelief from doctors and friends.

Okay. In that case, everyone must submit a negative test before being allowed to leave the home

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

No. But I am talking about closing the borders to anyone incoming until the rest of the world catches up.

So...."yes" then?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
And rounds of Hydrochloroquin(?) on the house

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

No. The rest of the world could do what they wanted. They could jump on the bandwagon of life or continue a slow ride on the death train.

edit on 8/6/2020 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No. The rest of the world could do what they wanted. They could jump on the bandwagon of life or continue a slow ride on the death train.

Ah!....So it's just the US that will keep everyone indoors for 2/3 weeks then completely isolate itself from the rest of the planet for an indefinite period.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I mean why not? At the very least it would drop new cases to a minimal amount. At the very least.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I mean why not? At the very least it would drop new cases to a minimal amount. At the very least.

Well it might for 2/3 weeks......then what?

It really isn't a very good plan mate

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Everyone already stayed home for 2 freakin months (not weeks). It didn’t work. TPTB didn’t want it to work. So we will be half locked down indefinitely. That’s what they want,

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I had chickenpox when I was a kid, this means I have the Varicella zoster virus that causes shingles. It will show up in anti-body tests. Does this mean I have shingles or chickenpox? Every virus you have had stays in your body, the anti-bodies will always show up. That's literally how vaccines work.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is the 'new normal'.
That means new world order.

It is not ever going to be how it was.....it will just get worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yup, had chicken pox when I was 8. Then got shingles exactly 30 years later. I can still feel the damaged nerve endings from where the breakout was.
edit on 6-8-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join