It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fairly simple solution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In New York City staying lock in ones apartment may have exasperated the transmission of the disease. Something to do with the ventilation systems circulating the disease through out the building.

People where locked away for weeks aboard those ocean liners early on and they all contracted the disease.

So apparently looking everyone away doesn't seem to be the panacea some people make it out to be... assuming it was practical in the first place.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Firewater
This is the 'new normal'.
That means new world order.

It is not ever going to be how it was.....it will just get worse.

The worst part about this NWO is that everyone is so chemically poisoned and misled by propaganda...

Is that there's few if any left to talk to. Everyone's an NPC that repeats MSM gibberish.

Everyone gladly wore masks because it expressed how fake they were openly.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I read where China is doing what you suggested in at least one city.

They have police patrolling the cities with loudspeakers saying "if you leave your house we will break your legs."

This Chinese city didn't even allow people to leave their homes to get food the first few days.

Many Chinese, like many Europeans buy their groceries on a daily basis and rarely have more than a few days food supply on hand. One woman said she and her elderly parents only had a few potato's between them and they were not allowed to go out and buy food, and no one brought anyone any food. They finally let ONE family member out of their homes once every 3 days for only the time it took to go to the grocery and come home.

Is that the kind of isolation you want to see for the entire world?

I am sick of the virus too and feel like a worthless eater just existing in my hovel due to my age. I have lost: taking care of grandkids while my daughter works, now she tries to juggle a CEO type job and the kids and is going crazy, she can't even find someone to come in and help : volunteering at the local homeless shelter for families teaching parenting skills and helping with parenting issues and helping families learn to support and not undermine each other in the facility : "working" in an assembly line with a group of women who make quilts for the homeless and drug rehab centers, layettes for stillborn babies at the local hospital, dresses for an orphanage in Africa, bags for the local food bank. Now I am reduced to watching TV and writing on ATS.

Despite this and my belief that the virus will possibly last 2-4 years and won't be under control enough to have a huge concert for 2 years minimum even with a vaccine.

I also believe that the draconian policies set by Democratic Party Governors and Mayors have now set a precedent for what the American people will allow the Governors and Mayors to do to them. I don't foresee draconian and liberty ending policies ending perhaps forever as Governors and Mayors use them to "control" other situations that they feel are necessary to control for the good of the people.

The new normal will see as many changes and as many loss of freedoms as we have seen post 9/11.

Unfortunately it is too late now to put the genie back in the bottle. China could have done it initially but didn't and so set this society destroying and world destroying virus loose on the entire world. But it is done and wishing it were not so won't work.

Unless the entire world does to every citizen what China has done, and threaten to maim or kill those who leave their homes for any reason at all for 3 weeks solid - not even allowed to get food or go to work anywhere (including hospitals/electric plants/water plants - ANYWHERE) your plan unfortunately won't work. As long as even one person is allowed to go to work or help others or keep basic utilities going, or give medical care, there will someone out there spreading the virus now that it is out.

So we wait for herd immunity, which is being prolonged by lockdowns, or a vaccine which will take at a minimum months more and perhaps years more before enough has been made for the entire world and then given to the entire world.

Sorry, but our lives will be a living hell for years to come, no way around it, thanks China.

edit on 8/6/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
In New York City staying lock in ones apartment may have exasperated the transmission of the disease. Something to do with the ventilation systems circulating the disease through out the building.

People where locked away for weeks aboard those ocean liners early on and they all contracted the disease.

So apparently looking everyone away doesn't seem to be the panacea some people make it out to be... assuming it was practical in the first place.

Hiding from germs doesn't work. They're everywhere.

You have to aggressively take the fight to the enemy and commit to chemical warfare to win.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

So it's more dangerous to disobey quarantine in China than it is to get Covid itself.

Psychos...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Since the word quarantine, is derived from the Italian words quaranta giorni, meaning 40 days, I would say 6 weeks should help. Although, 4 months would be more appropriate when trying to erradicate this little begger.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: maya27

Or we could just rico act the dnc and get back to work.
Maybe save 700, 000 children a year while we're at it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater
Ya sure we were on "lockdown". But I left my house every day. I even rode the city bus. I went to friends houses, grocery stores, convenience stores. I would go out for walks. It was far from any real sort of lockdown

And you caught Covid then?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
I did the same and no I did not catch Covid.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Don’t worry, it will be over by November the 4th.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Only if the Democrats win. Then it will disappear entirely - from the media and we won't hear a word about it, effectively making people believe the Democrats made it go away.

If Trump wins, well since Pelosi called it the Trump virus, you know Trump caused it is the implication, it will get exponentially worse, at least that is what the media will tell us. They won't stop blaming everything that happens in the world on Trump if he wins the election. That is when round 2 of impeachment begins over the Trump virus.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

So, this whole Corona Virus thing is REALLY startin to piss me off. And COVID19 (or Covey, as I like to call it) has proven to be quite the relentless and extremely stubborn (not so) lil' pandemic. Not only has it taken the lives of many, but it has dramatically altered the lives of so, so many more. And I'm sure most of you will agree when I say that this whole "new reality" thing really sucks. I mean, how long is it gonna be before we get this bugger under some kind of control? Months? Maybe years? And then how much longer until life gets back to, a more or less, pre-pandemic state? Who frickin' knows, right?! And I really wanna go to a at least a couple more of those old-school, head-bangin, packed in like sardines, type of concerts before I die. I mean, I'm not quite Joe Biden yet (sorry dems, I couldn't resist), but it won't be long before attending those events would just be too dangerous. Not to mention, a wee bit awkward. And I want the movie theaters back. I never thought i'd miss those things... but I do. Oh yeah, and frickin' Disney World!! I want to go to Disney World (not land, it sucks) again. So much of our lives was taken away from us. And then, everything else we had left, was flipped over onto it's head. All. by. Covey. Frickin' Covey, you sorry SOB.

Okay enough of my rantin n ravin. It's time to take a deep breath... and move forward.

It's time for what you all came for. I will now unveil my "FAIRLY SIMPLE SOLUTION".. (drum roll)...

EVERYBODY STAY HOME FOR 2 (maybe 3) WEEKS

Seriously, think about it. In theory, if everyone stayed home for 2 - 3 weeks, the currently infected could only possibly infect those within their own household. Then we would have to allow enough time for those cases to run their course and then... viola. Covey is, theoretically, down for the count. Okay okay. I know that it would not be that easy. There are many, many things which need to factor into this theory of a solution. Here are a few of the important parts:

Everybody would know the start date well in advance and have plenty of time stock food, supplies and get mentally prepared.

Some super essential workers could go to work. But, really there aren't many of those. A handful of city workers to keep the power on and the water running who would not have to even come in contact with each other.

We would need doctors and nurses at the hospitals to take care of the really sick or injured. They would hopefully be okay with living at the hospital for a few weeks. They could set up trailers for living quarters out in the parking lot. Which leads me to my next item.

The ONLY way that you could leave your house would be for a "LIFE OR DEATH" type situation (or broken bones, i guess. but that's it)

We would need patrol officers looking for people trying to sneak around on foot and pulling over anyone and everyone out driving a vehicle.

I'm sure most people would be willing to make the "sacrifice" of roughing it for a couple weeks in exchange for an almost instant return to normalcy. Heck, if this was done months ago, ol' Covey would be a bad memory by now.

I understand that there will probably be some traces of the virus somewhere and that we may never actually completely wipe it out, but we would surely have it under control. And by using what we have already learned about the virus, I have no doubt we would be able to keep it under control.

So thats it. My "SIMPLE SOLUTION". I'm sure there are factors i hadn't thought of, but over-all I think it's a pretty solid theory. What do you think?

Thank you for reading.

Voila, two or three more weeks you say ? If that happens you can kiss our country and economy good-bye ! More companies would be bankrupt , so no new jobs and the stock market would be in turmoil....bad idea. !

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The solution is herd immunity......no precautions are necessary.

This safety stuff just makes humanity weaker as a species and all this anti bac spray and hand gel just makes bacteria and viruses stronger.

Strange but True: Antibacterial Products May Do More Harm Than Good - Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com...

edit on 6-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The solution is herd immunity......no precautions are necessary.

This safety stuff just makes humanity weaker as a species and all this anti bac spray and hand gel just makes bacteria and viruses stronger.

There is no herd immunity. People are catching it a 2nd time. Antibodies only appear to last a few weeks / months.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Then the solution is you either die or you don't.

But using anti bac and inadvertently growing super duper bugs is not going to improve things.

And the human body would die without bacteria.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Seriously, think about it. In theory, if everyone stayed home for 2 - 3 weeks, the currently infected could only possibly infect those within their own household.

It was not designed like that, you are not understanding it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

In Italy, they had a major problem with COVID-19.

They enforced a lock-down where people remained in their houses and were not allowed to go out. Same thing happened here in New Zealand, where I live.

In both cases, things got turned around and the worst of the problem is over.

In New Zealand's case, they have nearly eradicated the virus from the country and only had 22 deaths from it. Life here is pretty much back to normal and things are slowly recovering, business wise.

No magic cures or immunizations necessary. We know how to defeat this. All it takes is the will to do so.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Only if the Democrats win. Then it will disappear entirely - from the media and we won't hear a word about it, effectively making people believe the Democrats made it go away.

If Trump wins, well since Pelosi called it the Trump virus, you know Trump caused it is the implication, it will get exponentially worse, at least that is what the media will tell us. They won't stop blaming everything that happens in the world on Trump if he wins the election. That is when round 2 of impeachment begins over the Trump virus.

A virus can't vote.

The politicizing of the virus, the falsely allocated blame that prevents any real response, is what is feeding the epidemic numbers in the few countries where it is out of control.

Look at other countries where their responses have worked and ask yourself why?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: The2Billies

A virus can't vote.

The politicizing of the virus, the falsely allocated blame that prevents any real response, is what is feeding the epidemic numbers in the few countries where it is out of control.

You are right.

Yet 1/2 of the Democratic Platform is blaming Trump for the virus and the spread of the virus. We can't stop the polarization which began the day Trump closed air travel to the US. Remember, that was called racist, now it is called not soon enough by the same people who decried it and called it racist.

That is the way the US is operating now pushed and enabled by a media that will only report biased news, so that no one trusts the media anymore, and by extension no one trusts the elite politicians who clearly direct what the news outlets say and what they can and can not report. Creating a mess that will end in civil war, I see no alternative.

And yes making the virus outbreak worse, probably. But that is the way it is in the US and I see no hope for this civil war which is being now fought in the streets of Portland will only escalate.

The biggest fallacy and most dangerous one is that packing people tightly together, many with no masks, most shouting and screaming does not spread COVID 19. That is the most dangerous political lie out there today as far as COVID 19 is concerned. Worst of all, it is killing black people at a rate higher than the rest of the population, 40% of all COVID deaths are black people while they make up less than 15% of the total population.

edit on 8/6/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I agree with your solution but I would add everyone can stock up on as much groceries as they need and the country shuts down for 20 days. If you leave your home you go to jail.

I don't know why you made this political, bringing up Biden, the right has opposite views of your OP.

S&F

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join