It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why schools are not opening: Lawsuits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

At every level of government, local, state and federal we march forward as an incoherent mob that would rather snipe at each other than face the challenges ahead of us.

I agree. There has been no leadership shown. Whatsoever. In particular from where it should be, on a national basis.

Are kids highly adaptable... or is that what we adults tell our selves to feel better about neglecting them?
Do you have any?

If kids where highly adaptable we wouldn't see such disparity between kids from well todo families vs pore families.

When poverty extends from childhood through adulthood, it is not surprising that would be the case.

There are different ways of teaching. For the near future, new ways will be required.
edit on 8/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My wife teaches at-risk kids who she claims participate far more in online sessions than an actual classroom. Not all kids learn well in that setting im sure.

You may disagree but what you just said is in part why I would favor a voucher system so parents could be more engaged in the direction of their childs education.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yes I have elementary aged children.

I'd say it is a myth that children are "highly" adaptable; they absorb and retain a lot of what they are subjected too in their environment. The constant worry and doom that our nations children are being subjected to now will be with them well into their adult lives.

I have witnessed first hand the "different" ways of teaching we plan to subject children too in the near future... it did more to frustrate my children and give them a negative out look on learning than it taught them. And I fortunately have the luxury to be with them every day to help them along; I can only imagine the solitude and frustration we must be subjecting kids to who are less fortunate than mine. Its nearly heart breaking to think about for to long.

edit on 5-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The constant worry and doom that our nations children are being subjected to now will be with them well into their adult lives.

I grew up ducking and covering. I got over it. Early on.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The constant worry and doom that our nations children are being subjected to now will be with them well into their adult lives.

Well because Phage did alright with "ducking and covering" I guess that must be true for all people.

But even "duck and cover" was a means to shield you from the truth... that you might be incinerated in a nuclear explosion and that duck and cover wouldn't help in the slightest.

Imagine a world where instead of making you duck and cover for a few minutes every month they told you that you can't go to school ... can't play with your friends... have to spend months alone in your house playing on a computer.

I wouldn't be to quick to pretend that you understand what kids are going through these days.

edit on 5-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrParanoid

Schools are also polling places.

Mail in voting is the target.

Keeping Democrat crimes from being exposed and keeping them out of prison is the end goal.
edit on 5-8-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Imagine a world where instead of making you duck and cover for a few minutes every month they told you that you can't go to school

Imagine a world where you are told to expect nuclear annihilation every minute of every day. Watch out for that flash of light! But just jump into a ditch, you'll be ok.

Until it can be done safely, schools should not open. Before that can happen, something different needs to take its place.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Kids are little disease vectors... like raccoons and opossum... and bats. Perfect little snotting mixing vessels for the zombie virus that I am pretty sure is coming down the pipe asap. Putting these critters in large facilities is like those swine farms churning out new and improved versions of nasty virus. Keep the schools closed for the love of God.. lest we go apocalyptic.

Do I have kids? Yeah, a 26 yr old, had a 21 yr old, and a 14 yr old.. and now 2 snotty poopy grandchildren who live with me. Theyre both toddlers.. the grossest form of human. I homeschooled all of my kids .. even the freaky gifted one.. and sort of socialized them. It takes some effort but you can do it.. trust me. Farmers and etc did.. our species didnt go extinct and we stopped wearing loin cloths and throwing rocks at that ancient satellite all on our own without government schooling. Imagine it. Thats a true story.

If youre a complete dumbass.. then get your kid online or visual instruction. Im convinced that dumbasses KNOW they are dumbasses down deep somewhere. If you self identify.. you know what to do now.

I ate dirt and had pin worms, it was all very traumatic. I know about dirty little savage child disease vectors.. I am the adult version of one and happens to have street cred in biosecurity.

Before listening to Phage I demand he has a cognitive assessment.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Imagine a world where instead of making you duck and cover for a few minutes every month they told you that you can't go to school

Imagine a world where you are told to expect nuclear annihilation every minute of every day. Watch out for that flash of light! But just jump into a ditch, you'll be ok.

Until it can be done safely, schools should not open. Before that can happen, something different needs to take its place.

Teaching kids to "duck and cover" and telling them "jump into a ditch, you'll be ok" is mutually exclusive to telling kids to "expect nuclear annihilation every minute" ... which one happen in your world?

"Until it can be done safely" is a mindless chant at this point; uttered by people who are comfortable isolating themselves and see little personal ramification in continuing that isolation.

"Until it can be done safely" was understandable last march; now six months later its become nothing more than a shield for the people who's job it was to have spent the last 6 months figuring out how to do it safely.

You might be comfortable enough to let "Until it can be done safely" go on forever; I am not.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Imagine a world where instead of making you duck and cover for a few minutes every month they told you that you can't go to school ... can't play with your friends... have to spend months alone in your house playing on a computer.

No offence....but these issues are the fault of the parent. Not the virus.

Educate yourself on true homeschooling and the ideas and opportunities your kids can have for learning and socializing outside of the school system. There are a TON of resources these days. I'm not saying you should home school. I'm saying home schoolers know how to navigate the issues you are talking about and a lot can be learned from them. Parents need to start taking back responsibility for their kids lives.

My niece is 9 and this has barely affected her.

Change your mentality and the kids will be fine.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

No offence....but these issues are the fault of the parent. Not the virus.

Educate yourself on true homeschooling and the ideas and opportunities your kids can have for learning and socializing outside of the school system. There are a TON of resources these days. I'm not saying you should home school. I'm saying home schoolers know how to navigate the issues you are talking about and a lot can be learned from them. Parents need to start taking back responsibility for their kids lives.

My niece is 9 and this has barely affected her.

Change your mentality and the kids will be fine.

Sure these issues are the fault of the parents... and saying that simple phrase absolves the rest of us in society for leaving millions of kids behind as we march forward only thinking about ourselves and our personal health.

You misunderstood my argument; I am not worried about my own children; as I stated earlier I have the luxury to be with my children every day to guide them through this pandemic. Its the millions of kids who where already at risk prior to this pandemic that are going to suffer.

Also my argument is larger than kids we are leaving behind and is more of a critisum of we adults who have squander the last 6 months. We had the time to find real solutions to this and other related problems.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

To be fair, that threat's never really gone away, they just kinda stopped talking about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

To be fair, that threat's never really gone away, they just kinda stopped talking about it.

That is actually an excellent point. Kids today when they reach a certain age to understand aren't even treated to the "duck and cover" attempt to quell fears of nuclear inhalation they are told flat out that there is enough weaponry to destroy the world 10 times over.

So not only do they have to worry about a world that can go bust at any time; they have to worry about a whole host of other new concerns that simply did not exist in the 60s, 70s and 80s ... and now they are being left alone and isolated for fear of dieing a horrible death due to plague.

But yeah sure we 40+ people like to pretend we understand what these kids are being subjected too; that we had an equally rotten time growing up ... what ever makes us sleep better at night I guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Me, too. But in today's world you must find a way to be a victim to justify your lack of accomplishment. If you even see something bad happen, even if it's not to yourself, you may have PTSD for the rest of your life, which will of course require compensation, to which you are entitled. You can't possibly be responsible for anything yourself; somebody else did it to you.

I'm surprised you are not on disability, Phage, on account of ducking under those desks for so many years.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But in today's world you must find a way to be a victim to justify your lack of accomplishment. If you even see something bad happen, even if it's not to yourself, you may have PTSD for the rest of your life, which will of course require compensation, to which you are entitled. You can't possibly be responsible for anything yourself; somebody else did it to you.

You seem to be fond of gross generalizations. You have described neither my daughter or her friends.

But you seem to agree that the claims of irreparable harm to children if schools don't fully open immediately may be hyperbole?
edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Speaking of wars; if this group of people where around in the 1940s we would have lost WWII.

If this group was around in the 40s, we never would have fought in WWII. Too dangerous.

What a disaster that would be. European countries would have to surrender their sovereignty to a single Reich. They would have no freedom of speech, no right to peaceably assemble, and no right to bear arms or defend themselves. They would have to pay taxes to this Reich. This Reich would make laws that every country would have to follow. This Reich would regulate trade between the countries and negotiate trade between the bloc and other trading blocs. Any country that tried to leave the Reich would be punished.

It's a good thing we won and none of that came to pass.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My wife just ran into a mess and a half. She's an education coordinator for a charter school system. A few weeks ago, she was tasked with getting ALL 73 schools in their system on the same page. Each teacher in each school needed to come up with 3 different plans-

Online teaching only.
In class teaching only.
Both.

When corporate told the schools "All our schools are opening, but you need 3 plans.", several teachers in each of the schools said they have no way of coming into the school because they can't find daycare for their children. They lost a TON of teachers as a result of this, they were forced to resign.

My wife scrambled to get all these plans out to each district of the 73 schools. She got them all out. The whole time, corporate was telling her "We're re-opening, regardless of what public schools are doing. We're getting extra students as a result of public schools being closed and we can't let those numbers drop."

Last night at 6pm she gets an e-mail, "We're not re-opening Broward, Palm Beach and Dade schools.".

They've lost almost 30 teachers within those counties due to resigning. They've spent MILLIONS on IT work, new drinking fountains, signage....all down the toilet.

I don't envy anyone in the school systems right now. Thank god I don't have kids.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One good thing may come out of this mess... a retooling of the education system and disbanding the department of Education... Im gonna go burn down a Target and loot a walmart to make sure this happens.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

But in today's world you must find a way to be a victim to justify your lack of accomplishment. If you even see something bad happen, even if it's not to yourself, you may have PTSD for the rest of your life, which will of course require compensation, to which you are entitled. You can't possibly be responsible for anything yourself; somebody else did it to you.

You seem to be fond of gross generalizations. You have described neither my daughter or her friends.

Wasn't trying to. Never entered my mind. I know it's hard to believe, but it wasn't about YOU, Phage.

But you seem to agree that the claims of irreparable harm to children if schools don't fully open immediately may be hyperbole?

Yeah, I'm thinkin'. The virus is not the issue; the response is.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The virus is the issue.
If there were no pandemic, schools would be open. My daughter would have had a full-blown graduation. She's already over it.

edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join