It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Beginning There Was ()

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This was found graffitied on a wall:

In the beginning there was ().
And () was alone.
There was no space.
There was no void.
No word for space
No word for void
Nor even a word for word
Only () alone.

We do not know the size of ()
because there were no rulers,
nor calipers
nor even micrometers
There was only ()

We do not know how long () was alone.
for there were no clocks
nor hour glasses
nor even sun dials

We do not know if it was a sense of loneliness
or depression
or if it was just a matter of time
for there was no time in which it to be a matter of

In any event
there was an event
which some have called The Event

There was ()
and then there was an ever expanding Universe.
We do not know if () is the Universe
or whether () is in the Universe
or if they can co-exist.

There is so much we do not know.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Or
In the beginning was God, God was Three, the Three existed in love and the Three created, creation would become more than the Three so the Three could share what they found joy in.
There is so much in “love, peace and joy” that we can share if we so choose.

We do know, we have been told, many thousands of years ago, very clearly

We should write this on a wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

here is so much we do not know.

Indeed, so very much we do not know,or for that matter so very much we don't even know that we do not know.

However, from your first sentence '' In the beginning there was ()'' we can see that by adjusting one word, the entire equation changes. If we hold to how little we really know it is not unreasonable that in the entire span of time that we know so little about that we really are still in the beginning which would change the ''was'' to ''is''. '

Make it, ''in the beginning there is....That then would automatically change the () to (?) because we ARE here to ask the questions.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Love all your threads, pthena, but particularly your religious musings.

If () did indeed feel such a thing as lonliness, perhaps there was one tiny void afterall.

Maybe that same void that lies in us that prompts us to create, to continue searching, to find more objects for our love.

Have a good one, my friend!

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Years ago I read of a dream someone had, the dream was of Jesus walking in the void of space he had one hand closed, the person asked to see what He had in His hand. Jesus opened His hand and a glowing object the size of a peanut was revealed. The dreamer asked what is that Master? They were told that it was all that He had created.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yep, we are the clay........you know....it's too lonely at the top

You dont want to be God.....a reply to: pthena

You might be one to tell God what you should be......He laughs at that, though.....He would rather we apply ourselves to His unimaginable gifts plan

edit on 28-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

We have already being told that we dont have the mind to comprehend this. So People will not komprehend this….

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

People try to say God was lonely how could He be since He is three yet one. How do I know this. God sets up principles that men live by. One principle is the law of witnesses, a singular witness can not bring charges of guilt or innocence against a person. Therefore God can not bare witness of Himself. Father, Son, and Spirit bare witness of each other. The same principle is in effect where two or more are gathered in His name, He is present.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
in the beginning there was no beginning neither was there no end. This is so because time is a concept created by man to understand his reality. So "there is" "there was" "now" then" all existing simultaneously. Existing simultaneously even as we speak....in a never ending...non-caring Universe.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Actually time is a creature of Gods making, that in the end all thing will be done away with a new heaven and a new earth with no time no tears no regret.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Quoting the bible to prove God is like quoting a marvel comic to prove Spider man is real. These are all man made fairy tales done for entertaining purposes.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

However, from your first sentence '' In the beginning there was ()'' we can see that by adjusting one word, the entire equation changes.

The matter of whose first sentence contains the word [ was ] is left ambiguous.

Although I have no personal experience of spontaneous pilgrimages forming, disrupting the normal flow of people's lives, I have seen such in movies. The ambiguity is designed to prevent that. There is no place for pilgrims to congregate and no person to seek out for explanation.

I am left to interpret this graffiti in the same way that any one else is. I've read it a few times.

It seems to me that the author may have accepted the theories put forth by astrophysicists concerning a Big Bang some billions of years ago. The mention of an ever expanding universe seems to indicate that this graffiti was written some time after radio astronomy evidence caused a change in theoretical models from a recurring (expanding and then contracting) universe to the ever expanding universe. It is unclear whether the author was aware that not only is the universe expanding, but expanding at an accelerating rate.

Make it, ''in the beginning there is....That then would automatically change the () to (?) because we ARE here to ask the questions.

You are free to do that for yourself. The original author of the graffiti may or may not be available to amend the graffiti itself.

As for me: I think the mention of measuring devices has significance. We can measure things now, and use certain techniques to use that as data with which to formulate theories and models.

I've been using the we word a lot. I'm not one of the astrophysicists or other theoreticians who do these things. In a communal way though, I identify with them while not identifying as them.

we ARE here to ask the questions

Yes! This I hold to be true. At the risk of projection, I believe the author of the graffiti holds that to be true too.

Special Note: This response to you is also my first response on the subject of the graffiti. So much of what I wrote here in this post is ... something which I may point people back to. I hope that's OK with you.

edit on 28-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Maybe that same void that lies in us that prompts us to create, to continue searching, to find more objects for our love.

I believe that it is to our benefit to ... hold on, I think I should quote something that I just wrote a short time ago.

I'm not one of the astrophysicists or other theoreticians who do these things. In a communal way though, I identify with them while not identifying as them.

I'll start over: I believe that it is to our benefit, to, in a communal way, identify with () while not identifying as ().

When we create, we sometimes live to see the results of our labor and care. At times the results are more far reaching than we will ever know.

You have a good one too, my friend.

(did you see what I did there? I copied your word friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

With that ideology then quoting any historical document would be the same as reading a mad magazine, any writings on philosophy, history, and biographer. Other wise it would just show a personal bias.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

We should write this on a wall.

2 Cor 3

1Are we beginning again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as do some, letters of commendation to you or from you? 2You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3being revealed that you are a letter of Christ, served by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of stone, but in tablets that are hearts of flesh.

4Such confidence we have through Christ toward God; 5not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God; 6who also made us sufficient as servants of a new covenant; not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

No! Not on a wall.

(Note: the following is a general comment that I am making, please don't take it personal if it doesn't apply to you.)

Sometimes I think Christianity is wasted on Christians.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Before the beginning there was the end , the beginning came from the end.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The dreamer asked what is that Master? They were told

I'm glad that the dreamer had the presence of mind to ask.
To get a response is ... quite extraordinary.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'm glad you came to this thread.
I must apologize to you.
Your fourth post touched me.
But I used your second post as a means to lump you in with the likes of John _____.

You are not a clone, and neither are you a robot.
I'm sorry that I reacted as if you were.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

So People will not komprehend this….

I don't comprehend the significance of the use of kin spelling.

I can't help but think that I may not visit the right websites to understand the significance.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Historical and scientific journals are done based on facts,exhaustive tests and theories...not beliefs

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join