It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Owe Some Of You An Apology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't drink but I do get carried away sometimes, we all do.

But I have been so ill I can't vouch that my pain meds haven't encouraged some of the dozzies myself.

Back from 2nd surgery since Jan, today, hopefully all will end well by the time there is a vaccine.

Anyway, don't worry, I don't hold stuff against most people on ATS who get carried away, only 2 I quit talking to because they ALWAYS get carried away and so it is their personality and not a few one off's. But you are not one of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Thankyou, although I did not fear most members here holding a grudge it is still something that was not sitting quite right with me.

If I had behaved in such a manner in the real world I would also compel myself to apologise so the internet should be no different.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Don't beat yourself up bro, what you just did is what separates you from the idiots.

🍺

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Hi ATS'ers.

I humbly post this apology for some comments I made in a thread a few months ago toward some of you when the BLM riots broke out.

I wished some ill things upon some members, made some ridiculous comments in an effort to enrage and was not living up to my own objective standards.

For this, I do humbly apologise. I can only offer the explanation or excuse of poor mental health and a state of worsening substance abuse and finally emotionally triggered by what I now see is yet another false flag and attempt at insurrection on the US by its enemies.

I let a close mate get in my head and convince me I was being sucked in by right wing BS and not using my brain.

Accept It or not, there it is....I was wrong and said dumb things for which I apologise.

Peace be with you.

Hey...Takes a big person to admit their error. And that it mattered to you...says it all.
Peace, MS

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Thankyou, I appreciate that.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks, it does (edit to add, I mean it does matter to me, not that it takes a big person in a self congratulatory manner!) - maybe I am crazy but I try to hold myself to the same standards online that I would in the physical world. Being a jerk or reacting emotionally is not conducive to that outcome without an apology.
edit on 2772020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have been there too mate. This place has a reputation for doing ones head if you stick around long enough. Lots of deep complex issues with a few hard facts around. I don't know how some of the mods keep up with it all at times.

Having our ideas and perspectives challenged is tough. Good to see that you have the right stuff to suck it up and move on. If someone wants to label me as a right wing conspiracy nut I can live with that. Better than a left wing loonie. Basically I am just looking for the truth and found some good company on this site.

In such a highly charged political environment heated debates do happen. Try to avoid any personal attacks and stick to the facts as best we can. We are all in it together trying to work this mess out.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'd say that to have asked for an apology after two or three months is probably average for normal people. Some really whacked people have done far worse and never thought of apologizing.

I hope that by doing this you have forgiven yourself, it's only natural to have an emotional outburst from time to time, totally a human thing. Self medication can get out of hand and make emotions harder to handle, but it also makes it harder to face yourself and come around to reasonable behavior. Pulling yourself out of that downward spiral is the part that shows the strength of your true character. I applaud you for your humbleness, self honesty and ability to come out of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Are you also practicing right wingism? Actively? You’re on the right side. I bet your blood pressure is back to normal too and maybe ph balance optimal??

Either way good to see you weren’t brainwashed by someone else 😉

Ooh, call the burn unit.

Disagreements with leftist lunacy does not make one brainwashed.

Only a brainwashed person would think like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Probably the manly-est thing I have seen on ATS in about 4 yrs. Public apologies are never easy, if only all of us could own up to our mistakes and take responsibility.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

When I often make an ass out of myself. Instead of apologizing i
just show up with a case of beer. Which is why I often make an ass
out of myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Takes a real functioning adult to realize these behaviors may be detrimental to yourself, and/or others. I went through quite a destructive , self induced (though some would have me blame others) bout of alcoholism, and been sober for decades.
You actually, deeply want to get out of a situation that is slowly killing you. I applaud you, and want you to know how many people love you and and are deeply concerned about you.

And ATS will always be here for you.
Good luck and God Speed.

edit on 7/28/2020 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

ETA: I have too been down this road. always remember that no matter how hopeless you feel, there is an amazing group of family and friends that want success for you

edit on 7/28/2020 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks, it does (edit to add, I mean it does matter to me, not that it takes a big person in a self congratulatory manner!) - maybe I am crazy but I try to hold myself to the same standards online that I would in the physical world. Being a jerk or reacting emotionally is not conducive to that outcome without an apology.

Yes. And we always have a right to speak....and a right to be challenged on those things we say!
All good friend!

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for your kind words and support.

I can tell younthat I am happier and healthier now than I've been in some time and appreciate the love from my ATS friends.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have had a few times in my life that stress me to the point of lashing out when I just looked up and said, "Can I please just have one day with nothing? Just one day to rest before the next wave?"

I did that only to find out that what I had been dealing with was just the stuff that fell off the dump truck while it got into position. It hadn't started dumping yet...

What I learned is that the ability to handle great deals of stress can only be acquired through experience. We all fail to some degree when setting a new personal high, or low, as the case may be. Like an alcohol tolerance. You have to get hammered to get to the next level. Some do it gracefully. Others do it like a pig on roller skates. But we all get there in the end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join