It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America needs the draft again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Lol
Not agreeing about forcing people into work is the problem?
Lol
Ok, whatever you say.

A youth program is VASTLY different than a draft.
Sorry you don't see that.

No thanks, keep your draft.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have 2 years mandatory across the board service that transfers over as college credits. Would build character, work ethic, morals and values if instituted correctly.

Exactly if us mere mortals can figure out how to fix the problem of the youth of today why are we paying idiots to mess it up

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Are you always so sanctimonious?

Learn the basic of military life with plenty of square bashing.

Then working on civil projects that benefit the community.

Of course they would be fed, housed and paid an honest wage that reflects the work done.

To coin a modern phrase, it's a win - win situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I served.
Voluntary.
Forcing people to do something against their will is not win-win.
I served to protect their right to choose.
You seem happy to take that away, for no reason.
No thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
Not agreeing about forcing people into work is the problem?
Lol
Ok, whatever you say.

A youth program is VASTLY different than a draft.
Sorry you don't see that.

No thanks, keep your draft.

The country is going down the toilet basically , The draft separates the wheat from the chaff 2 years of service to country after a few months you would know who was a fighting man from a lawyer or a builder or a bum .

Its the art of war for common people

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No-one is suggesting they are forced to join the Army and go fight in some foreign land.
Surely you get the drift of what people are suggesting?

Of course it would require much deeper thought and many practicalities would have to be sorted out but there is merit to the idea.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If the country is falling apart,

It OUR fault for failing to maintain it, not the fault of our youth.

We cannot abrogate OUR responsibilities by “drafting” our youth into servitude.

It is enough of a curse upon them that their forebears (us) were so short-sighted so as to squander the world they must inherit.

We brought them into this world, without their consent, and in too many cases, too damn little consideration; They owe us nothing.

We owe them far more than we can repay.

And it would be the height of hubris to assume that our failed ways, the beliefs and practices that have lead us to the place you do loudly bemoan, is in any way the curative “answer” today’s youth need, or even, seek.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To those new States whom we welcome to the ranks of the free, we pledge our word that one form of colonial control shall not have passed away merely to be replaced by a far more iron tyranny. We shall not always expect to find them supporting our view. But we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting their own freedom — and to remember that, in the past, those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside.

www.ushistory.org...

You have to work for things in this life especially the white picked fences

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
i agree national service is good but imagine those hood rats with military experience if your a hater which they are its not going to change thema reply to: stoner william

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No-one is suggesting they are forced to join the Army and go fight in some foreign land.
Surely you get the drift of what people are suggesting?

Of course it would require much deeper thought and many practicalities would have to be sorted out but there is merit to the idea.

Our draft is exactly that. Fighting war.
No thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Back in the day I was visiting stoner head bars at the age of 16 never going in just scoring out in the parking lots, and I was not buying a beer. drank a lot of laced wine though.

I was a total straight head until i was 21
then someone handed me a J and its party on dude

Back in the day late 60's there was basically three social class in my home town. There were the greasers juciers car punks, thechurch kids the goodie two shoes, and the the long hairs who didn't fit into either groups. The car punks would ride around seeking out long hairs to beat up. The church kids would look down on us as some aberration of evil, that is until the Jesus movement. It was an exciting time period of good drugs experimentation. We had pharmaceuticals found in mothers medicine cabinets, to clean pure chemist who took pride in their products. There was a lot of experimentation's that one could endeavor in.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

also all the draft dodgers will piss of to canada problem solved

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
i agree national service is good but imagine those hood rats with military experience if your a hater which they are its not going to change thema reply to: stoner william

That is one problem of teaching a man to kill en.wikipedia.org... ,

I was a military brat in many respects raised by a man who had fought in WW2 and listened to the stories of men who fought in the Boer war www.abovetopsecret.com... and then some i learned respect the old fashioned way .

You just never know in life

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Back in the day I was visiting stoner head bars at the age of 16 never going in just scoring out in the parking lots, and I was not buying a beer. drank a lot of laced wine though.

I was a total straight head until i was 21
then someone handed me a J and its party on dude

Back in the day late 60's there was basically three social class in my home town. There were the greasers juciers car punks, thechurch kids the goodie two shoes, and the the long hairs who didn't fit into either groups. The car punks would ride around seeking out long hairs to beat up. The church kids would look down on us as some aberration of evil, that is until the Jesus movement. It was an exciting time period of good drugs experimentation. We had pharmaceuticals found in mothers medicine cabinets, to clean pure chemist who took pride in their products. There was a lot of experimentation's that one could endeavor in.

I was brought up the happy clapper life by my grandparents ,no tv or cooking or using money on a sunday type , i got chucked out at 17 for going to work on a sunday but i moved in to my 26 year old G/F house
happy daze , time served toy boy .

Yip chemicals have been the ruin of many a good man much like the house of the rising sun

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Got out of it in 86 got delivered from 90 proof perubian marching pearl rock. no withdraws a true miracle.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

But if they learn airframe repair, or electronics systems repair, or diesel mechanics, or light wheel mechanics, or truck drivers, or medical assistants & EMTs, police officers, and many other trades that are available through military training it might change the outcome.

People with more options tend to be less prone to criminal activity.
edit on 7 19 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I just lost 2 young friends recently , real young one 38 and his brother 41 within 2 months of each other no sense of direction in life one fell to drink and drugs the other drugs after falling out of the army and floating in life .

We were the lucky survivors

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

I don't believe in a draft for war. That will get abused. National service makes EVERYONE accountable for their society.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I would be dead today if I had not come to be convicted of my separation from God on aug 10th 1986. I had a pride of life that I had to out do everyone a real death wish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join