It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Tactics: US breaks Geneva Convention

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The latter (i.e. the said Power, in this case the insurgents), have NOT accepted and applied the provisions thereof, and therefore DO NOT APPLY to the Convention. How hard is this to understand?

And that's just one I saw off the top of my head...

Sorry but enemy forces not identifying themselves as a unit and who kidnap, behead, and shoot innocent civilians diliberately, are NOT covered under the articles of the Geneva convention, and this should be a matter of common sense...

So the co-alition is betraying its values?
Since we do not believe in torture, otherwise we would not have signed the geneva convention.
It doesnt matter if they are doing it to us, we are supposed to fight for what we believe in obeying what we believe in and we believe in not tortureing people, unless you think the Co-altion governments believe in torture?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually that's not the topic Gazrok, that's Off topic.

This isn't about Iraq and breaking the Geneva Convention. It's if the US has broken it at all anywhere in the world. I keep reiterating that point because most users here seem to miss it. They are too easily trying to find an excuse. Look before 2001 and we will see blatant breaking of the Geneva Convention.

Look to south america and the school of the americas

thanks

Originally posted by Gazrok
Now we're off the topic of the original post (i.e. was showing the photos at the Iraqi prison a violation of the Geneva Convention? The answer is no.)

But what about Gitmo? Violation of the Convention?

No, it breaks international law though...but not the Geneva Convention.

I'm not thrilled with many of the alleged actions at Gitmo...and I have no doubt that several prisoners' rights there are being violated. If so, it may be a breaking of one or more international laws or human rights guidelines, but your label of breaking the Geneva Convention is not accurate imho...

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm not really thrill about America committing any violations OOPs, but I'm not drill about Al Qaeda and other groups committing violations of the Geneva convention, but then Al Qaeda never sign the Geneva convention so they pretty much have the legitimate right to kill either military or innocent people of any race or religion, its kinda like destroying the Buddist statues in Afghanistan even when the world try to persuade the Taliban not to, but Osama tells we dont need to listen to the infidels and their rules.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I guess it depends on if you want to lower yourself to your enemies' level in order to hopefully beat them.

It happened in Vietnam (with soldiers making necklaces out of VC ears, beheadings, castrations, mass executions, etc).

Only problem is, once you cease being the good guy, you can never go back.

Oh wait, the US stopped being the good guy to non-Americans more than 50 years ago.

So I guess go ahead and get eviller.

j

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
actually we stopped being the good guys when we killed Japanese and Germans. we also stopped being good guys along with the Canadians wen we invaded Europe.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Djarum,

You're not rude and you are most welcome to come in here, but your arguement is quite lame and more importantly off-topic.

I think you can go start a new thread that says Iraqi's Break Geneva Conventions, then you and all your Iraqi bashing friends can talk there. Me and my American bashing friends have here to talk...haha

So, keep it on topic - it would be most appreciated...

REPLY: Well the inmates at Abu Gharib handn't been tried or found guilty of anything so you are wrong #2 Gitmo - same story.

EDIT: 2 wrongs don't make a right

EDIT: SHouldn't the USA follow the rules of the world, aren't we supposed to be the Morally Highest Ruler of the World?

[edit on 15-3-2005 by 00PS]

Just one question for you Oops. Are you a child?

Chief

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Uh...great question there Chief.

So, are you a leader of a Native Tribe?

Or are you the leader of a Police Force?

Or what kind of Chief are you?

Maybe you are the Chief Ass Hole hahaha LOL!!!

[edit on 18-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Think about the fact that the US went to war with Iraq - because they were apperently breaking the Geneva Convention...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
actually we stopped being the good guys when we killed Japanese and Germans. we also stopped being good guys along with the Canadians wen we invaded Europe.

You're confusing war in just cause and an imperialist expansion invasion. FYI the Brits were slightly involved in that 'invasion' too.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
You're confusing war in just cause and an imperialist expansion invasion...

Just Cause: To stop imperialistic invasion (WW2)
Un-Just Cause: US Imperialistic Invasion (Iraq War)

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think we're beyond imperialism.

It's called globalization.

Globalization is Economic, Military, Political and Humanitarian WAR

It must be stopped...We should investigate how Corporations support and conduct the breaking of the Geneva Convention.

Corporations run prisons more than goverments do don't they?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Globalization is Economic, Military, Political and Humanitarian WAR

It must be stopped...We should investigate how Corporations support and conduct the breaking of the Geneva Convention.

Corporations run prisons more than goverments do don't they?

Corporations sell off the resources they aquire, the money they make from wars is then used to start new ones, thus starting the cycle again... Its why the US is so rich - because it is the main exporter of multi-national corporations with Imperialistic expansion in mind... The expansion has, like 00PS said, taken on a global scale and is disgusting... And it must be stopped!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join