It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories, speculation and evidence within the ATS UFO forum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Its ok to be wrong and this forum isnt that busy. Others might have additional information if you post what you have - ala Len Stringfield.

It would be easier to discuss specific cases like Shag Harbor (still in question by most I think) or the Phoenix Lights(most think it was military operations). I still think the Phoenix Lights were worth posting about. Many have given up on Roswell, but whatever you believe , I think the case was worth discussing.

I think Im in the minority here on the Belgium wave, but certainly worth discussing, even if military.

I doubt there is going to be a consensus on this topic, and certainly there have been some spotty threads posted, I just stay out of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It seems to me that any story needs to have enough evidence to at least approach being able to overcome the ridiculous improbability that aliens would even come here.

If a UFO story doesn't involve postulating alien visitation, then it automatically assumes a higher rung on the believability ladder, as far as I'm concerned.

Harte

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In my opinion, when dealing with a phenomenon that is much more than just aliens paying us a visit. Speculation is all you have and the English language isn't capable of describing it..

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
When it comes to the topic of UFO's and aliens, some plausible deniability can be good for your health and general well being. Lets say you had a 100% slam dunk case with all the physical evidence what do you think will happen? Will you become a massive celebrity to gain fame a fortune or will you be meet by some government goons and slapped with a national security order?

If you have promised confidentiality to someone then just leave it as an anonymous source. We are are learning and stumbling through the topics as best we can. Just provide some distinction between what you know and what you assume or speculate.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

If a UFO story doesn't involve postulating alien visitation, then it automatically assumes a higher rung on the believability ladder, as far as I'm concerned.

If climbing that ladder gets me to a no-doubter, I totally second this reasoning.

@OP: What’s your take on alleged abductions? Have a back-of-the-envelope confidence level?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's sometimes hard for some Earthlings to weigh the possibility...that some ET civilizations might be much further advanced in interstellar travel than we are.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
a reply to: Harte

If climbing that ladder gets me to a no-doubter, I totally second this reasoning.

@OP: What’s your take on alleged abductions? Have a back-of-the-envelope confidence level?

Sure. Vanishingly small confidence level.

Harte

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey Issac:

But with the potential closure of ATS, I wonder whether I should lower my standards and just post a bunch of theories with relevant evidence (even if that evidence doesn't amount to conclusive proof).

Yes please post your theories....its 2020........ ATS is about to be shut down.... we are experiencing a major Pandemic....Riots... Protest across the globe....

If there was ever a time to drop some bombshells it would be now..
Thanks again for all your hard work!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
It's sometimes hard for some Earthlings to weigh the possibility...that some ET civilizations might be much further advanced in interstellar travel than we are.

Even assuming instantaneous travel, and allowing for only ONE minute to "study" a star's system, it would take over 570,000 years to visit each system in the Milky Way. Again, that's visiting for 60 seconds only.

Go ahead and divide that by however many exploratory ships you want to think have been sent. Still WAY too much.

If life is present all over the galaxy, there's no way some species would keep up that kind of investment after they'd already found a couple of hundred examples off planet. What would be the point?

And unless we're extremely lucky, we would almost certainly not be among those discovered species. There's nothing to point to the Earth as being a likely candidate, any more than literally millions of other planets.

And, no, our TV signals don't reach that far before attenuating.

Harte

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I believe there are many governments including ours, that has evidence, IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Hey Issac:

But with the potential closure of ATS, I wonder whether I should lower my standards and just post a bunch of theories with relevant evidence (even if that evidence doesn't amount to conclusive proof).

Yes please post your theories....its 2020........ ATS is about to be shut down.... we are experiencing a major Pandemic....Riots... Protest across the globe....

If there was ever a time to drop some bombshells it would be now..
Thanks again for all your hard work!

I don't think I have ever AGREED with you so vehemently, Cellty.

Time to just let it all hang out!

I would love to know, for example, Isaac's personally held views of the Nimitz incident as a whole. A massive disinfo op? Is it a legitimate UFO/UAP encounter but laced with considerable misdirection? (Is the infamous and rather unremarkable FLIR footage an unrelated decoy, for example?)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

When I look at your threads I always marvel at the amount of time it must have taken to produce them. So I think that you should post one last thread to end all threads, before this place vanishes in the ether and we all go our separate ways.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with speculating or Theory crafting.

Some people , me included need to vent that stuff out , or feed themselfs on other theories to see things from a different perspective.

After that Top Thread about those old Threads and the link to the Tic Tacs my brain is making over time trying to connect those dots.

I was naive and thought there is a small chance that those tic tacs are real , especially after the DOD giving that statement about it not being theirs.

Now im not sure , it smells like a Psy op now

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think that when faced with what seem insurmountable odds of survival, you do what the captain of a ship does.
All unnecessary gear overboard, throw out the anchors and ready the lifeboats. If the ships makes the coast, then you have saved the most important things.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Your confidence level (is that a measurable figure?) is not relevant in presenting factual data. That’s the largest issue with the UFO threads here. Its about proving your own ideas (the ego) and not about finding factual information about unusual events. Threads here are dismissible quite easily because of the ego issues in The ufo subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have to say it time and time again-the U in UFO stands for unidentified.

You don't lose your car keys and then blame it on goblins, you don't blame fairies for #blacklivesmatter ralliers looting.

Theory is just that-theory. When it comes to the crunch, all we have is anecdotal evidence, I saw a UFO once, did I automatically assume it was an alien craft? no as I live near a military training ground so it could've been some secret military drone.

It's dangerous to make assumptions, it's best to take the safe road and make an educated guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think id generally post something even if there is like 10% , because someone else on ATS may know more or have more info than you.

Plus its a conspiracy site so , even if its loose evidence its still worthwhile to post it review it and let ATS come to a decision if its absolute rubbish or merits more research

I think its pretty much why they created the Hoax bin so we could toss the crap that doesnt merit discussion or further research as its a known piece of crap

if you have theroies or evidence or bits of stories no matter how uncertain you are , you should just share them considering that ATS will probably not be around much longer. Whats the harm in sharing the info you have even if it leads to nothing

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The only consistency in the phenom seems to be it's inconsistentcy. It's nature is to transcend the constraints of logic, reason and materialism as we understand it. If any body thinks the entire scene consists of greys coming in metal ships to steal some eggs and sperm from unwitting sleepers over a span of several decades, when they could easily teleport a used condom out of a garbage can with none the wiser - well, just think about it...

I think most ufologists haven't had an experience and hold onto lofty notions of being accepted by the wider academic/scientific community. It reminds me a bit of some occultists and magicians that try to verify experiences with psychology or quantum physics. The whole point is to transcend our current/default perspectives and perceptions. Without expanding those parameters, all we're left with is a dirty mirror stained with our own warped image of ourselves. A distorted, and mangled mockery of reality that will fit in this neatly labeled box, no matter what! It says much more about us than them.

A rose by any other name will still confound the rigors of scientific method and reason. Whatever you want to call it, it's been here since the beginning and will always be here. It's primary function seems to be the evolution of consciousness - an initiatory force. They are made to do a job and the job will/must be done regardless of what people may think.

I think the hostility towards experiencers and first hand accounts has been keeping people from speaking out. So called "investigators" seem to be out to prove a bias as opposed to objectively looking at the data. Who decides what's "credible?" Even the most well respected ufologists are considered a joke to the wider scientific community. It's ridiculous.

Here's the kicker though... to really know what It is, one must participate and become part of it, thereby losing that precious scientific "objectivity," as if observing a roller coaster and describing its motions is the same as taking the ride for oneself. Hence, the consciousness expanding nature of the phenom. There are many ways of knowing and some work better in some situations than others. The scientific method is a very powerful tool, but to think it's the only way of knowing and understanding a thing seems very narrow-minded, at best, and potentially dangerous, at worst. Reason can be very irrational at times.

And yes, let those speculations fly, Mr. Koi!
edit on 30-6-2020 by ultimafule because: Spelling grammar

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ET's (the ones who occasionally visit our planet)...are pretty crafty fellows --- they have to be --- who are obviously hellbent in not giving us any concrete evidence of their existence. So we have to take the meager scraps that they sometimes throw at us --- Be it a fleeting glimpse of a foo fighter, or scant evidence of an extraterrestrial biological entity, or ET robots coexisting with us in our earthly environment.
edit on 30-6-2020 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 30-6-2020 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 30-6-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 30-6-2020 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If I can do a quick side-shuffle here, because the right audience is assembled, I'd like to ask a question. Back in the late 90's-early oughts, there was released a series of photos of weird flying 'alien' objects in recognisable urban settings. Serpo comes to mind...though wasn't it but it was a similar arrangement of letters. Proven to be a hoax, as I recall. Also, there was a process whereby digital photos were taken into a steep angle of sun and shade that would reveal floaty things in the sky. Any recall of these? If ATS is to be buried, there's a certain knowledge base I'd like to see preserved.

Thanks for your patience, folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join