It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 protester killed multiple people shot in Jefferson Square Park

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure how long the video will remain up. Multiple protesters were shot in Jefferson Square Park in Louisville KY. The video shows the shooter firing.
Twitter
edit on 27-6-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh, god no.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Looks like the lead guy in front of the camera had a gun in his right hand, approaching the man who started shooting. Maybe the group filming had advance notice by a couple of minutes?

If you still have time to edit your title, please note that it's "Jefferson Square Park". "Jefferson Park" is another location in Louisville.

edit on 6/27/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Really bad that this happened. Looked like someone took him out based on the thread, it could have been worse.

What will be worse is this event will be used for political jockying from both sides. So that’ll be fun and not toxic at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It looks like he saw the drawn weapon and seemed scared even though he was armed also. I did read he was taken down by a protester so maybe the 2nd man took him down? No idea. It is possible they saw him with the gun and recorded at that point.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

From the thread, it appears that this guy got kicked out of the camp and then came back and started shooting.

This is unconfirmed.
edit on 6 27 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Might’ve been some homeless guy. They can be pretty crazy and dangerous. Lots of recent protests have had problems with large homeless congregations.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Looks like the lead guy in front of the camera had a gun in his right hand, approaching the man who started shooting. Maybe the group filming had advance notice by a couple of minutes?

If you still have time to edit your title, please note that it's "Jefferson Square Park". "Jefferson Park" is another location in Louisville.

Fixed ty

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Ohanka

From the thread, it appears that this guy got kicked out of the camp and then came back and started shooting.

This is unconfirmed.

Is this one of those CHAZ-CHOP zones, or a designated area for the Homeless? Looks like people are living there.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Fixed ty

Excellent. Thankyou.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No I don't believe so. I read that protesters were there I think it's across from the court house to protest Breonna Taylor's murder and had set up tents.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
After every school shooting, there is endless chatter and emotional appeals for gun control.

Why did "de-claw the police" take hold with Congress, but not anything related to thousands of shootings committed by civilians? Better than 99% of murders by gun are committed by civilians.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No I don't believe so. I read that protesters were there I think it's across from the court house to protest Breonna Taylor's murder and had set up tents.

OK, thanks. I'll have to look that up. Not familiar at all with the murder of Ms. Taylor.

Edit to add: I see Breonna Taylor was shot by police back on March 13th.

Source: www.thecut.com...

People have been camping out and protesting all this time?
edit on 6/27/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh, don't mind that, they're just getting a TASTE of what defunding or doing away with the police LOOKS like...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Why did "de-claw the police" take hold with Congress, but not anything related to thousands of shootings committed by civilians? Better than 99% of murders by gun are committed by civilians.

It did.

Your 2nd amendment rights get whittled away on a federal level at least once a year. Can’t do that without congress.

I’m not even American and i find it annoying. When i visit family & friends in America i love to go shooting.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The police served a no knock warrant in the middle of the night to the wrong apt. I believe the boyfriend fired at the "intruders". EMT Ms. Taylor was shot something like 8 times in her bed. No charges against any officers. I believe 2 were suspended this week although the incident happened a few months ago.

As for the camping, I am not sure on the time frame. Just read that in the tweets.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It did.

Your 2nd amendment rights get whittled away on a federal level at least once a year. Can’t do that without congress.

I’m not even American and i find it annoying. When i visit family & friends in America i love to go shooting.

Are you sure? Today, there are several states where you can legally keep a gun on you. That wasn't the case 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The police served a no knock warrant in the middle of the night to the wrong apt. I believe the boyfriend fired at the "intruders". EMT Ms. Taylor was shot something like 8 times in her bed. No charges against any officers. I believe 2 were suspended this week although the incident happened a few months ago.

Thank-you for the summary. That's crazy. Her boyfriend shot at the "intruders", but she is the one killed by them? Lots of info missing from this one. Hopefully the police were wearing body-cams, and that video has been made public.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Very few, if any, pieces of federal legislation relating to firearms in the past 30 years expand the rights of individuals in regards to firearms. Almost if not all of them seek to restrict them in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
twitter.com... this twitter thread seems to have info on the incident apparently african american gentleman engaged the lopez guy who had been causing problems all day and is suposedly either homless or just goes everywhere barefoot?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join