It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US shares hit as virus surges revive economic fears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
bbc

Top health advisor Dr Anthony Fauci said many US states including Florida are seeing a "disturbing surge" in cases on Tuesday.

Are there still protests riots and statue bashings going on over there ? Or have they all finished being vvvvv silly ?

The markets men are worried there's going to be more lockdowns.

"A couple of days ago there were 30,000 new infections" in a single day, Fauci said. "That's very troubling to me."

He told Americans to take social distancing measures, saying: "Plan A, don't go in a crowd. Plan B, if you do, make sure you wear a mask."

Is it airbourne ?

Cases are going well up in several states , and started going up from elevated levels in the first place . It all started from zero , remember that .

Now you're going up from 30 000 a day , close to the highest point so far .

The European Union is reportedly considering banning US citizens from entering the bloc as it considers how to reopen its external borders

Dr Fauci also defended his decision not to warn Americans to start wearing masks earlier, saying it was due to a scarcity at the time of personal protective equipment, or PPE, which was needed for healthcare providers.

Is it airbourne ? You know ^^^^^ this part ...
" not to warn Americans "

Is there actual PPE available to Americans now ?

But the president, who has so far refused to wear a mask, insisted at the event that the coronavirus "plague" was "going away" and again referred to the virus as the "kung flu", which the White House denies is a racist term.

What he said about testing at his rally ,b hell that was really not very clever. Perhaps he doesn't want to be re elected as in " here , you be king over this mess ' .

So in all you're looking atlockdowns again , but the way things are being played all over , it's as if they're trying to kill us all , or , more bothered about keeping the economic status quo than anything else.

Economy wise ; our economy , the economy, the global economy , their economy , the economies , which is it ? Which do you prefer , being alive or going to work ?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Probably from looters sharing bricks..

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Business broadcasts are saying the market went down today because Congress has removed from the table any consideration of an additional stimulus bill this summer.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There is not going to be any more lockdowns.

All of the actual data is now showing people are more likely to catch it indoors than outside since it dies in UV light.

The market is wrong about this drop, and I bought some travel related stocks at a bargain today as a result.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Had ears on a report not yet published that in fact the money supply is ' endless ' and there's no danger whatsoever of ( British ) government or banks running out

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Time for honesty.

You’re Fauci — aren’t you?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: proximowe ve heard that governors in some states are of that opinion , no more lockdowns .

Frankly , that's insanity talking . What that effectively means is hospitals are going to be overwhelmed .
In Florida/ Arizona they're already at 80 % capacity .
Heavy symptoms kick in at 1 week plus , death comes in two to four

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can’t speak for all of Florida, but I can for South Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale). We had about a week of solid protests, very minor rioting in comparison to other states. At the 3 protests I attended the overwhelming majority were wearing masks.

That said, I went to my friend’s bar last week to drop something off to him (he’s a bartender, not the owner) and as I walked up to the door, I see people packed like sardines on the patio area. No masks. I walk inside and see people all sitting next to each other, no masks. Obviously, you can’t really eat and drink wearing a mask. But ZERO distancing.

I was in and out in about 15 seconds.

Masks are readily available. I don’t know about N95’s because I already had so many that I gave several boxes to a couple hospitals, my friends and family and still have boxes left. (For work, not personally owned) Our hospitals never hit capacity here, so I’d imagine that they had enough in stock to get through the first couple months.

Unfortunately, the waters are muddy all around this. Once something goes political it becomes a crapshoot. Information is used for political points on both sides, not for our well being. It’s disgusting and dangerous at best and not just in the context of the coronavirus.

There are testing sites around, but I don’t know how many people are utilizing them here. I think once we started to open back up they were abandoned.

The current state of the US is a disheveled mess without any real foresight into the immediate future, which takes away foresight for the future down the road. Everyone is just pointing fingers without offering solutions or opening discussion. Our political system is complete trash. The Dems and Repubs are both vile and both unfit to serve as our leaders or spokesmen.

No one can give you a factual answer about this virus right now. If they can, good luck proving the truth behind it. It doesn’t matter what political side you’re on, the waters are so muddy that anyone claiming to know any truth of the matters is full of sh!t.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is one of the powers the media has. They can manipulate markets. They know before they run a story the impact it will have on the market. We are all just little pawns to their monopoly game. God help us. Seriously, God please help us out of Egypt.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for an answer to why anyone not already practically dying from a chronic lung illness or compromised immune system is complying with terrorism that demands fear of a virus that has only a 99%+ survival rate where nearly half of all infected do not even feel unwell in anyway pretty much on par with the severe cold caused by Corona viruses most humans on earth have caught and gotten over with every year or other year of their decades long life??

Explain why in 2020 this same virus humans have already dealt with all their lives with similar experiences suddenly requires us to be afraid?? I want your answer because your the one that seems to be trying g hardest on ATS to push this terrorism onto the community.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I'm still waiting for an answer to why anyone not already practically dying from a chronic lung illness or compromised immune system is complying with terrorism that demands fear of a virus that has only a 99%+ survival rate where nearly half of all infected do not even feel unwell in anyway pretty much on par with the severe cold caused by Corona viruses most humans on earth have caught and gotten over with every year or other year of their decades long life??

Explain why in 2020 this same virus humans have already dealt with all their lives with similar experiences suddenly requires us to be afraid?? I want your answer because your the one that seems to be trying g hardest on ATS to push this terrorism onto the community.

Realism , you mean . Two words : viral pnumonia

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That has always been a possibility from Corona viruses for the entirety of your life. As well as a number of other viruses and bacteria as well. Over 40% to date reporting no symptoms, let alone any kind of pneumonia, therefore the answer is insufficient. It does not explain why in 2020 you suddenly need to be terrified of a virus that has had and still has the same survivability (+99%) and asymptomatic frequency and even similar/same negligible health consequences as the infections you have caught and defeated your entire life.

Thing is I am fairly certain your narrative is not even sincere. As in, I am fairly certain your real world fear does not match your online fear perception.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Maybe corona virus was meant to keep the older folks scared and indoors those folks who would resist more then anyone else to all the BLM terrorism going on around the country it was all planned.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No one is sick no one is dieing and no one landed on the moon .
Nothing will get them to face the truth . Now its been demoted to the common cold lol .

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
a reply to: proximowe ve heard that governors in some states are of that opinion , no more lockdowns .

Frankly , that's insanity talking . What that effectively means is hospitals are going to be overwhelmed .
In Florida/ Arizona they're already at 80 % capacity .
Heavy symptoms kick in at 1 week plus , death comes in two to four

It's not insanity at all. The damage lockdowns do to the economy and to the depression and unrest that comes from that far outweighs the potential limiting of Corona deaths - which by the way has not even been proven conclusively.

If you aren't looking at that side of the equation you are not doing a proper analysis of the situation.

edit on 24-6-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Well based on currently available data, it pretty much IS the common cold for the overwhelming majority of those infected.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
That has always been a possibility from Corona viruses for the entirety of your life. As well as a number of other viruses and bacteria as well. Over 40% to date reporting no symptoms, let alone any kind of pneumonia, therefore the answer is insufficient. It does not explain why in 2020 you suddenly need to be terrified of a virus that has had and still has the same survivability (+99%) and asymptomatic frequency and even similar/same negligible health consequences as the infections you have caught and defeated your entire life.

Thing is I am fairly certain your narrative is not even sincere. As in, I am fairly certain your real world fear does not match your online fear perception.

Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Metapneumovirus)

RNA

A subset of Coronavirus causing life-threatening pneumonia

This also happens to be a zoonotic pandemic pathogen. All those others you mentioned , well there happens to be pre set immunity in healthy individuals , animal hosts too . With this one , there's not .

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
got the flue a few times once no big deal other times more of a problem that does not make the flue any less of danger
. 80 % mild miens 20 % with a really bad sickness of which many of the 20% will die .
20 % of american population 60 million people apx .
how many people did the common cold kill last year ?

No big deal nothing to see move along .
edit on 24-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I always thought that no matter the virus if you had it you had it, no immunity some people can be infected with one and it #s with them some people get it and it does nothing... how's this different?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
Considering the over 160,000 people who die from copd and other respiratory illness did so after coming down with a viral infection, and there are over 200 viruses associated with causing the cold, I am going with over 100,000 on the low end.

Don't take my word for it, go research and compare nasty colds( like ones caused by coronas) to the actual covid-19.
Side by side they have nearly the same symptoms, duration, and survivability.
Then you can go research how many of the over 120,000 annual deaths in the USA from copd and other respiratory illnesses were pushed to the other side after coming down with a respiratory viral infection.

Naw forget about it, just take TV Gods word, be terrified, be very very terrified. When everyone eats the same propoganda due to consolidated ownership, it's easy to trick them by presenting them with the same data recorded every year by presenting it in a more dramatic fashion. After all, people only seem to want drama nowadays.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join