It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this comes to pass, I'll miss you all.

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If one of the best websites ever created dissappears, I would like to let you know beforehand that I will miss you all. No matter your skin color or religion or political affiliation or anything else. We were family here. Please God let not ATS be shut down.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Good Luck, Gyo01!

Nice post! I will miss ATS as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

It's not over until they turn off the lights!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well it`s all quite fitting for the status quo.

The establishment have been busy making information homogeneous along with everything else, like entertainment.

But one thing i know for sure, i will not keep my mouth shut. ATS or no ATS, makes no difference in the end.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Testify!!

We will all miss this place because I think that this place is rather unique. We supply the content to discuss and then, gasp, actually discuss it!!

That is the interaction that I will miss!

Getting schooled on Chinese Mathematics (divide by nine) to make long strings of random letters seem to be “encoded” from outa space being one of the coolest experiences here!!)

But yeah, the people. The ones we barely knew but everyone respected (Woodward, Jr, The Blue Owl ) that is going to suck!

BlurpBlurp in there too! And dozens more!!

Where is that Eddie Munster look a like, Techxnicality (sorry, drinking...)???

Miss hanging out and lurking here! And the unbelievable astr0 story which, despite all the craziness, has not really been debunked.

And all the musicians hidden in plain sight!!

Aw man, I’ve a tough enough week...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"anger is an energy"... "may the road rise with you" awesome song that's been with me since my teens.

It has been a tough week, a tough few months. A part of me feels cracked and broken.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Keep the faith
Goth

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Hey, life, real living, hurts. It is not always pleasant. But it is getting through those “rough patches” (what an ahole I sound like even just typing it!).

Trust that it will be worth it! All the pain, hurt, loneliness, self doubt, and wondering why you are where you are... it all gets better!

Kind of like high school used to be your focus but once you are gone... you never think about it again. And you see the guys who won’t let go!!

I saw PIL in 1990 in Tempe, AZ. There he was. Larger than life. He spat in the air, caught it with his hand, turned his rear to the audience then rubbed his butt with his spit filled hand while saying, “Now you are as sick as I am!”

The message was not what he said but the freedom to be.

Please learn how to cope with part of your life and then you can face anything! (Even though it may suck. You, the real you, is always insulated from taking the brunt of it as personal).

You sound cool! And prescient. If you can use that strength to move the field of crap you find yourself in then you can do even more than what you think you can!

Hey, never talked with you before, but, I think that you have this (even though it may hurt)!

Best of wishes!!

..: no, wait!!

Farewell, my fair weathered friend!!

... mushrooms off on the horizon...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Keep the faith, folks!!

Some very motivated and talented people working tirelessly in the background to keep the ATS culture alive!

Long live ATS!!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

We will all miss this place because I think that this place is rather unique. We supply the content to discuss and then, gasp, actually discuss it!!

Could you post a quote or image where that really really happened? I would like to see lol, because that would be first time for me

Maybe what you meant was "someone posts something then every friend in the forum pats the guy in the back and their reach consensum about how all they thing the same in group, then all go home happy dancing"

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Keep the faith, folks!!

Some very motivated and talented people working tirelessly in the background to keep the ATS culture alive!

Long live ATS!!

I bet they do, i don't think it will work anyway

But you know what would work, is not getting tons of money to keep this site going like the way it is

Maybe, just maybe, it would work like this

1. Let the current site go down as it is
2. Take the sources into a site like GitHub
3. Ask people to join to conttribute to fix it for working on aws or other stuff like that
4. Monitor the people who join but first before they join review profile so they show they really can do work on ATS
5. Once site has been reworked, host on aws

I know you are used to buy your way around things "bob" but this is one that you can't buy, you don't have a clue what really needs to be done lol

You need to fix the site, not throw money at the problem and wait until it gets fixed

And you will say i don't know what i say, but truth is "you don't understand that you don't understand". Don't be so proud or arrogant that your own effort is what speeds up the death of ATS

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think it wont. Just leave it online, with some mods and people here willing to pay for server money. it should be as easy as a highschool project. I want to be right, I hope I am right...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Could you post a quote or image where that really really happened? I would like to see lol, because that would be first time for me

Maybe what you meant was "someone posts something then every friend in the forum pats the guy in the back and their reach consensum about how all they thing the same in group, then all go home happy dancing"

Funny, because it's mostly true nowadays!

new topics

top topics

join