It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA really broken? A question from Oz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi all, here in Australia we’ve been subjected to the corona virus news since January, and now the civil unrest news since George Floyd was taken out. Our news over here is subject to hyperbole as is yours, and they generally zero in on the negative stuff, cause that’s what everyone wants to read/see apparently. We hear a lot about how crazy things are in the USA, and more recently how insidious the Chinese government is.
I just want to ask the individuals on here, from the USA, if things are actually as crazy in their own personal lives as it’s being portrayed by the media over here.
I’ll happily expand that question to include anyone outside of Australia... just curious is all.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

I imagine all western countries priding themselves with diversity will now be facing the "benefits". It wont stop on US. UK is already going nuts, and I would imagine Aussies are next, being in a rather similar situation. After Aussies, France is next, then Germany, though the latter will gladly surrender to the woke.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Holy hyperbole Batman....

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Let's wait and see.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So what we see on the tv is your experience? a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I'm far from US, but that doesnt matter. We import that sh** like there's no tomorrow. Besides, UK is far closer, and I already see through the social media what is coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

i read a lot of good things about america. bob dylan has released a new strong album, there is regularly great literature or scientific findings. elon musk does a great job. the various nasa missions alone are great achievements. i am pretty sure that most americans lead a normal life despite corona and have the same worries as all the other people on this planet. the american problem with racism is old hat and that the police there often react completely overdone is also known for a long time. america is a hotspot of cultures, that's what makes the country so fascinating. unfortunately donald trump and his government has done a lot of damage, both within the country and globally, the old alliances are threatened, he destabilizes instead of leading. but who is surprised? he is a ruthless businessman who only has his own advantage in his eyes. but he will eventually disappear and then the wounds will have to heal. america is still the land of many people's dreams but it has suffered in the last few years in terms of its global reputation.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ok cool, Im not saying I agree with all the negative crap in the media, just wanting to know if it’s as hectic overseas as they make out in the msm. I figure the best way to find out is to ask the people on the ground. Was kind of hoping no one would mention trump, especially no-one from outside the USA, had a way of derailing threads. He won their election, that’s that I guess. a reply to: oloufo

edit on 24-6-2020 by kingparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
Ok cool, Im not saying I agree with all the negative crap in the media, just wanting to know if it’s as hectic overseas as they make out in the msm. I figure the best way to find out is to ask the people on the ground. Was kind of hoping no one would mention trump, especially no-one from outside the USA, had a way of derailing threads. He won their election, that’s that I guess. a reply to: oloufo

talking directly to people is always the best way. or you watch some webcam live streams or you call random people in america or you read local newspapers... in the end you only get to know things in the media that are in a way exciting, extreme, entertaining, extraordinary, the rest is normal life and it is not worth reporting about it.

trump is president of the usa. that makes him a person of global interest. because we all depend on each other.

greets from sunny munich!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Let's wait and see.

Sure, my experience is the media and social media especially makes a mountain out of a molehill, here in Australia it's not like the U.S and the U.K, were not all packed in like sardines so we don't get the same level of crazy.

What you see as a clash of culture I see as too many people living on top of of each other.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Let's wait and see.

Sure, my experience is the media and social media especially makes a mountain out of a molehill, here in Australia it's not like the U.S and the U.K, were not all packed in like sardines so we don't get the same level of crazy.

What you see as a clash of culture I see as too many people living on top of of each other.

depends on where you live. germany is also densely populated but most people live here quite well. but that's easy for me to say, i live in munich, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with a high quality of life. and as for corona: here, everyone wears their masks and on the other side, the restaurants are full again and the bathing lakes are overcrowded.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The msm tried to make news stories out of the protests here, but it was pretty transparent, it’s a pretty weak movement down here, most people just trying to get on with living a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

My brother lives in Switzerland and his girlfriend lives in Munich, he spends a bit of time there, well did at least till they closed the borders.

Europe in general is far more relaxed than the U.S, it likely comes down to the attitudes of the people. Aussies for example are quite relaxed and have a " she'll be right" attitude for the most part.

Now that everything is opening back up I hope you guys don't get a second wave of infections there, I want to visit sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Greetings from snowy Victoria! The lakes aren’t very hospitable here this time of the year unless you’re perched next to one with a fire and rum...Munich sounds like the place to be for a couple of weeks. a reply to: oloufo

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Let's wait and see.

I hope you are right. I'm not the kind of person that panics usually. For instance, Covid hasnt made me fearful at all, though the media tried so hard. But this thing...I dont know. I dont see the tensions "ending". All I see is slowly overflowing to other countries. For god sake, they are literally talking about disbanding the police in some places.

I hope and pray it is what you say it is, but I'm skeptical. When you have high politically positioned persons constantly advocating, supporting riots (protests), taking down monuments...it's not going to end quietly.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
Greetings from snowy Victoria! The lakes aren’t very hospitable here this time of the year unless you’re perched next to one with a fire and rum...Munich sounds like the place to be for a couple of weeks. a reply to: oloufo

and you are always welcome! unfortunately i'm sitting in the office and can't enjoy the nice weather. by the way: my favourite movie is picknick at hanging rock. and some day i will travel to australia! greetings!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: oloufo

My brother lives in Switzerland and his girlfriend lives in Munich, he spends a bit of time there, well did at least till they closed the borders.

Europe in general is far more relaxed than the U.S, it likely comes down to the attitudes of the people. Aussies for example are quite relaxed and have a " she'll be right" attitude for the most part.

Now that everything is opening back up I hope you guys don't get a second wave of infections there, I want to visit sooner than later.

unfortunately there are already a few new hotspots. in some animal factories thousands of workers are infected now. a second wave would be a catastrophe!

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The truth is that most of the unrest isn’t the mainstream here in the U.S. We are experiencing heavily funded subversives and anarcho-communists. This is a manufactured civil unrest by none other than George Soros and his friends (Bill Gates, Obama, Clinton’s, et al). They are actively trying to destroy our culture and our history in order to push us into their global game. If they can infect enough useful underserved populations and our youth with their Marxist bull crap then they just might be successful and the U.S. will become the next Venezuela.

Their current ploy is to get Biden elected and then have him resign thereby taking his unelectable VP pick (who will no doubt be a Marxist Manchurian candidate) the next POTUS. Trump has been a temporary speed bump as we were supposed to move seamlessly from the Soros candidate to Obama to the Soros Candidate Hilary. Sadly even if Trump does get re-elected the Soros Progressives own the media, education, most Democrats and some Republicans. It is only delaying the inevitable unless someone has the balls to take out Soros and his minions.

It isn’t like I can do anything either. Too many people are already brainwashed by his propaganda. I am on a sinking ship practically the only one (other than some folks on ATS) that realizes our impending doom. The ‘race’ component is just being used to shout down opposition and target our history, religion and national pride in order to make us a softer target for takeover by the globalist progressives.

Once the U.S. is out of the way the world will follow. He will win.

It’s sick and that is what is REALLy going on. Don’t believe me...do your own research.

We’re screwed.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

There's no doubt about it, there's something in the air, something is not right I feel it too. I guess I just feel miles away from it all. I have refered to where I live as a bubble within a bubble.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I snort-laughed at this, thanks. Paranoia is a drug?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join