It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA really broken? A question from Oz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sadly even if Trump does get re-elected the Soros Progressives own the media, education, most Democrats and some Republicans. It is only delaying the inevitable unless someone has the balls to take out Soros and his minions.

My sentiment exactly. I too think...the West is on the brink of collapse. As you said, even if Trump wins, those stooges will remain in the shadows and continue to work against US until they die.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There's no doubt about it, there's something in the air, something is not right I feel it too. I guess I just feel miles away from it all. I have refered to where I live as a bubble within a bubble.

I get that. Perhaps you're not "touched" still. I look at it the way that we are all one global village. If something happens in US, we all feel it down the line. Just look at how GF protests got the ball rolling in a country that has nothing to do with GF (UK). A country that really doesnt have police brutality issues. Cops dont have guns there. The worst part is, riots are well funded and backed by high politics. There is an agenda in all this and its not about black lives. It's about taking down this one president who is a torn in a side of "politics as usual" crowd.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Everything seems pretty chill down here in Florida. That's the great thing about this country. You can move to the state that fits your wants and needs. You don't have to live in a liberal or conservative city. You have the freedom to move wherever you want. It is a beautiful thing really.

So no, I don't think the US is broken. Sure a lot of Americans need to turn off the stupid box feeding them propaganda every night, but I don't think she's broken, yet. The silent majority of America just wants to get back on with their lives, and get away from being labelled and grouped, and stop this covid madness when the people in charge cannot even give us real figures.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
My boss used to say "When the US catches a cough, the world catches the flu."
edit on 24-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

It's not broken per-say.

But it is set up so the status quo remains the same or very similar.

Its also built on the blood and backs of others that never have or never will share the same experience and privilege of the few.

No different from any other first-world nation in those respects if we are honest.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it broken just yet, dysfunctional and stressed is more a fitting description. But it does seem to be circling the toilet bowl like a big turd that got flushed and won't go down all the way.

Being from down under, you know all about big country with lots of empty space. It can be like that here in the states in some regions, with most of the problems in urban areas. My rural area is stressed too, but life is fairly normal given the circumstances.

I do feel it is headed into deep troubled waters and will break at some point in the relatively near future.

Just my opinion and how it feels to me where I live.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

At this present time it is certainly not a " United " States Of America.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It is an election year. The left owned/controlled media outlets are consistently reporting stories that are heavily biased. Even for those of us living in the USA it is hard to get a clear picture of what is happening.

Things that are being accurately reported:
The COVID quarantine has resulted in high unemployment. Lots of people are currently out of work and unable to pay bills. BLM protest are taking place across the USA. Confederate statues are being pulled down and/or voluntarily removed. As states are reopening COVID outbreaks are increasing which is pushing hospital ICUs to max capacity in some areas. www.newsweek.com...

Some areas are supporting the local police some are fighting the police and want to defund the police department entirely. Defunding the police appears to be a union busting tactic. When a police union makes it impossible to remove officers with a history of violent arrests....defunding the police and starting over from scratch appears to be an option. They did this years ago in New Jersey and it worked really well for about 5 years. Now there is once again a union in NJ...police department costs have soared...so in 5 more years I am anticipating that they will be right back where they started. Violence is currently out of control in the Seattle CHAZ/CHOP autonomous zone. The mayor is trying to dismantle the zone (which will be interesting). Chicago has recently had an unprecedented number of gun related homicides...a volatile situation as the police chief and the mayor do not appear to be on the same page.

Texas is pretty far along in the quarantine reopening process; however, businesses are still being impacted. Dining establishments, movie theaters, theme parks, water parks, and entertainment venues are still experiencing a major loss of income. I don’t know if the movie theaters will survive this...they were struggling prior to the quarantine.

Nobody has any idea what the education approach will be when August rolls around and the kids start school again. Districts are discussing sending the kids to schools with masks, sending kids 2 days a week - so there aren’t any more than 10 kids per classroom, online education, one-way hallways, etc...

Interesting times...

edit on 24-6-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In the UK it's mainly in the cities. That's demonstrations, rioting and general law breaking. Hardly anything in the sticks except when a bunch come out of the cities to do their thing.
I cannot understand why the authorities are not jumping on them, they just lay back and watch it happen.
That is of course that if they are a right wing group. Even if there is only a couple of right wingers they are detained. Or any organised group to oppose the demo, riot, lawbreaking.
It's very surreal how this very, very small minority is being given free rein to destroy or deface public property, no matter who or what it pertains to.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well, authorities let the aristocracy hunt foxes in the sticks and countryside.

Maybe there are a little ambivalent to retard the protesters on the streets of our towns and cities?

Anybody rioting and looting all the same, they are just wankpuffins out for a new 75" TV.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The truth is that most of the unrest isn’t the mainstream here in the U.S. We are experiencing heavily funded subversives and anarcho-communists. This is a manufactured civil unrest by none other than George Soros and his friends (Bill Gates, Obama, Clinton’s, et al). They are actively trying to destroy our culture and our history in order to push us into their global game. If they can infect enough useful underserved populations and our youth with their Marxist bull crap then they just might be successful and the U.S. will become the next Venezuela.

Their current ploy is to get Biden elected and then have him resign thereby taking his unelectable VP pick (who will no doubt be a Marxist Manchurian candidate) the next POTUS. Trump has been a temporary speed bump as we were supposed to move seamlessly from the Soros candidate to Obama to the Soros Candidate Hilary. Sadly even if Trump does get re-elected the Soros Progressives own the media, education, most Democrats and some Republicans. It is only delaying the inevitable unless someone has the balls to take out Soros and his minions.

It isn’t like I can do anything either. Too many people are already brainwashed by his propaganda. I am on a sinking ship practically the only one (other than some folks on ATS) that realizes our impending doom. The ‘race’ component is just being used to shout down opposition and target our history, religion and national pride in order to make us a softer target for takeover by the globalist progressives.

Once the U.S. is out of the way the world will follow. He will win.

It’s sick and that is what is REALLy going on. Don’t believe me...do your own research.

We’re screwed.
Spot on.This is exactly what's happening.Though more people are seeing through it every day.Hopefully it will not be too late.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If it werent for the news and social media, id thinglk it was mostly just another day. I mean...im aware if covid, but am not aware of anyone i know effected. Folks certainly get along just fine.

Mayne the city folk are different.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

i read a lot of good things about america. bob dylan has released a new strong album, there is regularly great literature or scientific findings. elon musk does a great job. the various nasa missions alone are great achievements. i am pretty sure that most americans lead a normal life despite corona and have the same worries as all the other people on this planet. the american problem with racism is old hat and that the police there often react completely overdone is also known for a long time. america is a hotspot of cultures, that's what makes the country so fascinating. unfortunately donald trump and his government has done a lot of damage, both within the country and globally, the old alliances are threatened, he destabilizes instead of leading. but who is surprised? he is a ruthless businessman who only has his own advantage in his eyes. but he will eventually disappear and then the wounds will have to heal. america is still the land of many people's dreams but it has suffered in the last few years in terms of its global reputation.

Donald Trump dosen't fuel all this racial garbage. That would be the DNC and the media

Donald Trump didn't kill George Floyd. That was done in a blue city in a blue state with a Democrat police cheif.

Trump supporters aren't the ones burning down the country, ripping down monuments, taking over citys and killing cops. Yes that is the left once again. Do you see the pattern yet?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join