It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple installed a "COVID" tracker without asking and they've been tracking you for years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From ZH, the most recent apple update installed a "covid tracker" under "Privacy > health". Mine was set to "off" but it's there and you know they're probably going to set it to "on" in an upcoming update.

As I was going through this, I also went to Health > Data Access & Devices then clicked on my device and saw that my phone had been logging my movement for at least back to 2016.

When is too much going to be too much?

Here's the ZH article:

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 19-6-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Coming soon to android too

www.apple.com...

Second, in the coming months, Apple and Google will work to enable a broader Bluetooth-based contact tracing platform by building this functionality into the underlying platforms.

www.cnet.com...

The two companies plan to build the contact-tracing capability into their mobile operating systems, building off the public health apps. Once it's part of the OS, tracking could be even easier, but that will require people to update their phone software, a problem that dogs the industry. A software tool, after all, is only as effective as the number of people who can access it.

For Google, the update to enable the tracking tools won't be like a normal operating system upgrade. It will instead come through a set of tools called Google Play Services, which lets Android sidestep some fragmentation issues by pushing updates directly, without the approval of device and wireless partners

edit on 19/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's not just apple. Same thing on my Samsung android. Like you said it's set to off. I'm not sure about apple but for mine you have to manually finish installing an ap if you want to use it

Here is a screen shot of mine

edit on 19-6-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Leave your phone at home, or wrap it in foil when you go somewhere

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Lately I have been leaving it at home whenever possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Already on android. Look at the google settings.

Welp, bye bye phone.

Might as well if ats is going too.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Already on android. Look at the google settings.

Welp, bye bye phone.

Might as well if ats is going too.

Where at under settings?
Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Watch the people striking back.
It will be sued and demanded from governments to stop it.
People will create apps messing with the data, uninstalling the app, rooting the phone, switching to another brands,... it's not gonna play well for them.

What's worse is that they can track your movement without any app. It's only used by law enforcement because of the laws. This app seems to be based on voluntary participation if you can turn it off but I'd remove it just to be sure

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh nice!!
I see they just killed off the Ccswe app.
A paid no-root app that worked flawlessly to kill spyware and updates.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Are you joking? The gd gov probaly started every one of the "tech companies"
Circumventing the constitution while acting like a corporation is all the rage now.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Addwd2

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I wrote a thread back around May 29th asking for assistance in how to remove it from my Android phone. Some even accused me of lying about the installation onto the phones, because they didn't want to believe it or because it is easier to insinuate that someone is lying than to verify their claim.

I was able to remove it from my phone after listening to the advice from two people that participated in my thread and offered an solution. I have an old Samsung phone. My mother and brother have much newer models and I was not able to remove it from their phones using the suggested apps.

My old phone has been acting really funky and doing some really crazy things, so I suspect they will just kill it if they can't install it. If I have to get another phone, it will be a simple flip phone. I don't need anything more than that, and I am done with feeling constantly tethered.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Good idea, since they already know where you live anyway.

I have seen IT do some really amazing stuff with phones that are broken and supposedly dead. Turning a phone off does absolutely nothing in stopping them from tracking you.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I can only speak about some euro-governments.
They dont play with the big tech much. Of course they like to track us too but only they can do it when the agencies, prosecutors agree etc. It's under rules of law and it's In secret so that the masses dont pay attention much and revolt.

And I believe it because there's so many players demanding it. Too many parties going after each other's throat. We had some illegal eavesdroppings and boy they were flaming. Of course average Joe is not such a big deal but the checks are in place.
edit on 19/6/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Last week i left my phone in the livingroom after making a call which is unusual as it lives in my kitchen drawer normally , I had a collection of 60 year old tools out cleaning them up and renovating some of them plus all the sales brochures that came with the tools , they are rare and pre 1961 .

A friend came in for a brew and a smoke and i showed him the brochures laughing that i had everything in them bar 2 things and named them i also stated if they ever came up on Ebay i would buy them just to have them , When i turned my computer on that night guess what 2 items were on Ebay for sale at stupid money , no i never bought them but it creeped me right out .

Them phones are listining to us and AI is playing about big time , i spend hours on Ebay every day and the chances of that 2 items appearing at the same time is beyond spooky plus both were in the original boxes just like i said to my friend that i only buy things that are in their boxes and looked after

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If you remove the battery isnt it true you cant possibly be tracked with it?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It doesnt record data tho unless you have downloaded an Authorized app so I dont see what the problem is. All these smart phones do is give out our data for cash, why is this such a surprise to anyone? When there is an actual paradigm shift in tech and privacy then we will have something to be shocked about.

edit on 19-6-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Should I be worried?

(He asked smugly?)
edit on 6/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And here I am thinking dinosaurs were extinct.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes.

There are sites available to Law Enforcement Agencies that only need a phone number to find your current tower connected to, that tower logs all numbers connected over time. Your approximate location within 10’ (6 inches under 5G but that’s another story). What your flip phone lacks is storing of phone numbers within range of you. This is done by Bluetooth. Some flip phones however do have a sophisticated enough system to log Bluetooth devices within proximity.

So yes. But there is another option....

edit on 19-6-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No bluetooth.

So, if LE is interested enough they can figure out roughly where my car (or boat) was at a given time. Because the phone is only in either my car or boat (depending on the circumstances).

Might have to get rid of the damn thing. It's costing me about 19 bucks a month.

(He said smugly.)

edit on 6/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join