It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

Your tin-foil hat skills need some improving, but I'll give ya a 💥 for effort.🤣

Extra credit if you can name the TV series.👆

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here’s why Rhode Island is the only state that celebrates Victory Day

Monday is Rhode Island’s 73rd annual Victory Day, continuing the state’s custom of being the only place in America that honors the end of World War II with a legal holiday.

While the actual event that Victory Day commemorates happened on Aug. 14 — when Japan’s surrender was announced in the United States — the holiday is today observed on the second Monday in August. And no, despite what many residents believe, the legal name of Rhode Island’s holiday was never “V-J Day” (short for “Victory Over Japan”). It has always been called “Victory Day” on the statute books, going all the way back to its establishment in 1948.

Rhode Island still divided on Victory Day holiday (Article from 2020)

Not one fat kid in the parade!đź’Ą
The whole state of R.I. was an armed camp, an arsenal with all industry converted to the war effort. According to 2020 estimates, Rhode Island has 1,665 WWII vets alive, down from 8,000 in 2010 and 26,000 in 2000. 325,574 alive in the Country from 2020 and estimated 225,000 alive today, which is still far more than I thought.

Large:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Extra credit if you can name the TV series.👆

Fringe? That show was dope.
Thanks for the đź’Ąfor effort
haha!

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Happy Tuesday!

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes, Fringe had some really intriguing episodes!

Tuesday movie trivia: Aug 10, 1984: Red Dawn was released in theaters. The 1st official release to receive a PG13 rating & was the film debut of Charlie Sheen.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hiya, Night! Been a while since I popped in here

Just up watching the aftermath of the storms that moved through tonight on the power outage maps. We still have power (obviously) but it's pretty dark a few blocks over. MI's up to 150,000 without power last I checked a few minutes ago. Hell of a line of storms tonight!

The gust front (prior to the actual storms) came in very suddenly, but the obliviousness is partly my fault -- I like to sit outside and listen to the radio now and then (I still have a working Walkman! That's practically an antique today, lol) Except for tonight. I was listening to YouTube on my phone instead, d'oh. I should have been listening to the radio for any storm approach info, a little warning would have been helpful. One of our big shade umbrellas took a beating, after I'd closed it up and secured it with a bungee cord.

I secured it wrong, the cord slipped down the folding arm (one of those side-hanging suspended biggies for larger areas) in the quickly increasing wind, and a huuuuge gust of wind beat the tar out of it. And me, I'm sporting a nice bruise on the back of my arm from blocking the damn thing swinging wildly toward my head in another gust, it was a major potential projectile hazard next to a lot of glass, I couldn't keep letting it swing around. The wind blew it fully back open, then inside out, rightside in, half and half with a fabric puncture, ugh. Broke another umbrella limb in the block attempts with my arm, but I think it's fully repairable. It sure looks like crap, though. I'm not even going to bother trying to fix it until daylight & with hubs' help, I think this is going to be a two-person repair job to reset all those limbs/spines/whatever they're actually called.

I got it as closed up as I safely could, and secured the hell out of it for now.

I suppose I should be grateful that I managed to secure what I did in record time, and nothing was completely destroyed (except maybe that umbrella, if my luck is that bad)
edit on 8/10/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just popping in quickly to say Good Day to all!
I have an ultra sound appointment today to re-assess my legs. Nervous and aggravated. There is still no opening at the wound care center. Hoping they will allow me to continue to care for myself and not send me to a hospital.

Send your prayers or healing vibes my way Thank you in advance!

Hopefully I'll be in later today or tomorrow. Love you all so much! Hugs!

Nyiah girl, where the hell have you been? Great to see you today!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Best of luck Raine !

You are in my thoughts and prayers ...

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Sorry for the long delay in response. I've been distracted. My experiences have made me stronger than I ever imagined I could be. Still, I would have preferred an easy life.

But it is what it is. Life is meant to be a challenge, it seems.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Night Star is home and resting. She is tired.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you Dave! I was in so much pain and so exhausted yesterday. Feeling better today.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Thank you so much Bluemoone2! Much appreciated!

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thanks Honey for letting people know yesterday. Thought I'd have to call the fire department to put out the fire in my leg. LOL Man! My knee and back were killing me too. I was quite the mess. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sending healing thoughts to you now ~~~~>>>>>
ETA-I hope you are feeling better today **
I figured you would get a kick out of my vintage babies jar. I haven’t opened it yet. It’s taped shut! I was gonna make a YouTube video of me opening it
haha!

The baby that my baby hand is pointing to, her eyes move ! Well all the red hats babies eyes open.

edit on 12-8-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: ..

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Hope everyone has a nice an lucky day 🖤👻

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ahahaha! Vintage baby dolls in a jar. Now that is something I have never seen before...ever. LOL
Cute little dolls.

Friday the 13th has always been a good day for me.

Yes, I am feeling better today. Hugs!

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Happy Paraskevidekatriaphobia! Scary movie night!

There are a few interpretations of what 13 roses in a bouquet mean. One thing most sources seem to agree on is that 13 roses is less about romantic overtures and more about friendly gestures. Rather than the infinite love of 12 roses 13 suggest the classic idea of an eternal friendship.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Alien vs. Predator opened in U.S. theaters 17 years ago today, August 13, 2004.

Amy Heckerling’s "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" premiered in theaters 39 years ago today, August 13, 1982.

Today marks National Blame Someone Else Day.

Thirteen tales from throughout the world about dragons of various kinds and temperaments.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What up?

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join