It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the consitutional leggitimacy of " CHAZ "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
this goes in RANT cos - all the better to insult people

now " CHAZ " has unilaterally declared its " autonomy " - alledgedly setting it aside from the USA and its laws // govt .

mmmmmm ok

by what authority ?

the reaction to this - ffrom certain demographhics - is pure commedy gold [ both sides of the political divide - are guilty - of some utterly assinine " thinkingg " - but for today democrat // liberal reactions to this are the " target "

now prresident trump - has opinied on the situation - and naturally - his political opponents have responded

tthe underlying " theme " being :

to paaphrate -

" the situation is the perview of the mayor // state govenor "

REALLY ???

" CHAZ " is only 6 blocks - but if such declarations are soley the perview of the individual states govenor - hhow much can one declare autonomous ?

its the fook obvious question

for an entire state - to withdraw from the union - it requires a complex process - which is well documented - and requires the assent - o a % of other states [ via thier state assemblies and govenors ]

so - ludicrous question - if you can ceede - 6 blocks - and its " ok " - why not the entire state - MINUS six blocks - which would rremain as " teh state " and still be bound by the USA juristiction , laws and federal govt

discuss

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The newspapers here are full of opinion pieces, about how Trump is doing nothing.

Now, after he let it unfold so people can see the outcomes of what the far left is trying to do with your country, he speaks up and suddenly it is not his business.

Did I understand this wrong? Media is reaching new highs of stupidity, people also.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Who or what is this CHAZ. There is an area now known as CHOP that used to be called CHAZ. The people of that area can't even decide to keep one name.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The autonomous zone. Meaning their own country, nation. Free from the tyranny of government.

They called the Seattle Fire Department last night when a dumpster caught fire. www.westernjournal.com... The fire department should not have responded. CHAZ is independent, doesn't pay taxes, is free from the tyranny of local and all government. They should not be able to pick and choose and want government services when it suits them and then forbid government services when they don't want it.

Also, they have been demanding CHAZ residents of one certain color give money to people of another color in the zone. www.thesun.co.uk... They also built a "garden" with a sign on it forbidding people of one color from being eligible to eat food from their community garden. Sounds a lot like the beginning of apartheid to me.

CHAZ represents the culmination of the liberal/progressive movement in the US and where it is headed. THIS is where it is headed.

edit on 6/14/20 by The2Billies because: links

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Can I call my little piece of heaven autonomous too? No taxes no laws do as I wish indulged in what ever I want?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Who ever runs that clowntown should turn off electricity and sewage disposal to that part of town.

If they think they are a autonomous free state they should provide for those resources them self.

See how long it lasts when the sewage backs up.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Trump is the least of their worries.

All fun and games until the IRS steps in...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Lets not jump to taking 99% of a state just yet. But what about just an entire city?
If we can get away with that then will take two.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Were all having a laugh at this but I don't know.

Don't most of us in our hearts wish we could be free enough to claim our own land and do with it as we wish.

Working a 9-5 all my life so I can pay a mortgage and taxes on land till I die just doesn't feel that free or satisfying. Is it just me?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Were all having a laugh at this but I don't know.

Don't most of us in our hearts wish we could be free enough to claim our own land and do with it as we wish.

Working a 9-5 all my life so I can pay a mortgage and taxes on land till I die just doesn't feel that free or satisfying. Is it just me?

As with most things, the great ideas get subverted into power trips, always, as ever is the case.
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I think you have to actually earn money to get the IRS attention. Making $3200 a year selling evil eye charms
doesn't require you to file I dont think.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Forming other countries to avoid taxes might get their attention though. You can’t move to another country to avoid taxes. So it would seem forming one would be against the rules too.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Is there some kind of code in your double letters or something?

top topics

join