It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Officers Join in the Riots by Looting the Office of U.S. Congressman Bobby Rush.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Friday, June 12, 2020

During last week's mass looting and rioting in Chicago, police were getting in on the melee, by looting the neighborhood office of U.S. Congressman Bobby Rush (D-IL).

Mayor Lori Lightfoot and U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush on Thursday condemned images they said depicted Chicago police officers making popcorn, drinking coffee and sleeping on a couch in the congressman’s campaign office while nearby businesses were being looted amid unrest.

Still, the mayor said, “There will be a reckoning for the FOP,” and used the setting to call for licensing of police officers, saying she knows she’ll run into opposition in Springfield but the time is now.
More at: www.chicagotribune.com...

Perhaps Chicago police officers sensed that the "Defund the Police" movement would eventually come to their force, so they said, "Oh, What the hell.. When in Rome, do what the Romans do."

By the way, what does Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot mean when she says police officers need to be "licensed"? The same thing as being bonded, or certified?

-CareWeMust

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Let democrat"Sanctuary City's"implode.Yes,remove the cops for complete Anarchy.Well done..

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Let democrat"Sanctuary City's"implode.Yes,remove the cops for complete Anarchy.Well done..

I don't know about other cities, but in Chicago, 72% of the murders remain unsolved after 5 years. It's pretty incredible that you can bump-off someone, knowing that you stand only a 3 in 10 chance of being caught!

The police pretty much give free-reign to gang neighborhoods, which is where the vast majority of shootings occur.

So far, they haven't tried to take over police stations, like they did in Seattle though.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, June 12, 2020

During last week's mass looting and rioting in Chicago, police were getting in on the melee, by looting the neighborhood office of U.S. Congressman Bobby Rush (D-IL).

Mayor Lori Lightfoot and U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush on Thursday condemned images they said depicted Chicago police officers making popcorn, drinking coffee and sleeping on a couch in the congressman’s campaign office while nearby businesses were being looted amid unrest.

Still, the mayor said, “There will be a reckoning for the FOP,” and used the setting to call for licensing of police officers, saying she knows she’ll run into opposition in Springfield but the time is now.

Perhaps Chicago police officers sensed that the "Defund the Police" movement would eventually come to their force, so they said, "Oh, What the hell.. When in Rome, do what the Romans do."

By the way, what does Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot mean when she says police officers need to be "licensed"? The same thing as being bonded, or certified?

-CareWeMust

Does Lightfoot support the police in any manner? I haven't researched it and am asking. If she doesn't--and would throw them all under the bus for political points, particularly if they had to kill someone in order to keep from being killed themselves or watch someone else get killed--I'd sit back and eat popcorn too.
edit on 12-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

I don't know about other cities, but in Chicago, 72% of the murders remain unsolved after 5 years. It's pretty incredible that you can bump-off someone, knowing that you stand only a 3 in 10 chance of being caught!

The police pretty much give free-reign to gang neighborhoods, which is where the vast majority of shootings occur.

So far, they haven't tried to take over police stations, like they did in Seattle though.

You only have to look at the Smiley Face Killer situation to know there's a serious problem with PD's, and it's not limited to race. The problem extends to the FBI as well. I think most of the blame lies with leadership and those in power versus the individual officers and agents, but it doesn't change the fact that too many homicides are unsolved.

As for gang neighborhoods or no-go zones, they're no-go for a reason. Unless you basically want a shooting miniwar started, you just don't readily go into those areas. I really feel badly for the non-gang, non-criminals stuck in those neighborhoods. Given time and how neighborhoods can change with its passing, getting stuck could happen to any of us who aren't wealthy.
edit on 12-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Friday, June 12, 2020

-CareWeMust

I guess I have to point out the hypocrisy of Bobby Rush having the police protect his office from looters.... Rush is hardly a friend of the police politically.

Lightfoot wants to break the police union and instead have officers licensed similar to an occupational license so the license can be easily revoked for misconduct. Not a bad idea actually. However, the hypocrisy is thick with a liberal wanted to break a union.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
However, the hypocrisy is thick with a liberal wanted to break a union.

Public unions are the bane of United States taxpayers. At this point I don't care who breaks them up, as long as someone does.

edit on 12-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Most of the murders aren't solved because most of them are in fact gang on gang violence. Often a lack of evidence and the no snitching culture of the hood. What is ironic though is that the streets know who killed who and in today's social media & hip hop world, they often aren't a secret. You literally have gang members dry snitching on twitter / youtube about which "opp" they killed.

Typically, the murder isn't solved unless there is glaringly obvious evidence (i.e., video identification).

Rap songs often have coded confessions in them as well, especially in Chicago. The "drill" rap scene is extremely disrespectful to the dead and hip hop artists often claim different gang sets.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Chicago Police Officers Join in the Riots by Looting the Office of U.S. Congressman Bobby Rush.

What happened to 'serve and protect' ?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If they took the police stations in ChiTown, would anyone notice?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They aren't legally required to do that, according to the courts.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe there is something in the beer.

We need Bob and Doug

Seriously though. Mind control is a weapon. Controlling behaviors through combination of drugs and frequency is a thing.
Big pharma and 5G = Brewmeister Smith

How long will we sit back and say, people are going out of their minds, Insanity = new normal?
edit on 12-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Edumakated
However, the hypocrisy is thick with a liberal wanted to break a union.

Public unions are the bane of United States taxpayers. At this point I don't care who breaks them up, as long as someone does.

I would agree, but whatever replaces them (nationalized police force - Obama's dream team) would more than likely be unionized.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They were "serving" themselves, lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Friday, June 12, 2020

-CareWeMust

Does Lightfoot support the police in any manner? I haven't researched it and am asking. If she doesn't--and would throw them all under the bus for political points, particularly if they had to kill someone in order to keep from being killed themselves or watch someone else get killed--I'd sit back and eat popcorn too.

Mayor Lightfoot was elected to replace Rahm Emmanuel because he said Black Communities are "different" morally, which is why crime is so bad there.

Lori Lightfoot is still kind of new. Born/raised on a N.E. Ohio farm. People are hoping she will be more in touch.

Her promise this week to pay $1,000 to all Illegals, Homeless, and Former Convicts who didn't qualify for a Federal Stimulus check is her way of "reaching out".
edit on 6/12/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I would agree, but whatever replaces them (nationalized police force - Obama's dream team) would more than likely be unionized.

The whole point of reformation, and what has taken place elsewhere, is the elimination of the union which protects cops like Chauvin.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Only time will tell. I don't think our states have a good record when they take over cities that have their charter pulled. Maybe I am wrong though. Need to research that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't think our states have a good record when they take over cities that have their charter pulled. Maybe I am wrong though. Need to research that.

Ketsuko made a good thread a day or two ago. One of the cities mentioned, Camden, New Jersey, managed to do so.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't think our states have a good record when they take over cities that have their charter pulled. Maybe I am wrong though. Need to research that.

Ketsuko made a good thread a day or two ago. One of the cities mentioned, Camden, New Jersey, managed to do so.

I will look for it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
officers get hungry and thirsty while guarding a congressmen office from looters and vandles. then after a long shift they may need to take a nap before the next one.

wouldn't want them to fall asleep during the next shift.

edit on 12-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join