It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Minneapolis cops slashing tires of Medical Workers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Yearh, people are suffering from judgmental synonym when it comes to cops..
They see one bad cop, then all cops must be Satan himself.

Stop the projection. Just because you can't make necessary, relevant and OBVIOUS distinctions, does not mean that others cannot. Protecting bad cops isn't doing good cops any favors. In fact, it makes their jobs more difficult, and puts a target on their back.

I have lots of respect for our cops and military, keeping us save while putting their life on the line.

But that's NOT what these cops are doing. They are doing exactly the opposite according to you... they are harming citizens to protect their own life.

I am out of this thread before I gonna start a riot myself

Well this explains much... birds of a feather and all that rot...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Speaking of lawsuits, what amount of compensation for mental anguish is allowed for because you are so shocked and sickened at the thought of public officials actually attacking your personal property? Half a million per car?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So you do not have any solution...

The solution to not destroying people's property is to not destroy people's property.

Tell that to the those rioting.
edit on 9-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sound logic is sound.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I know this is really, really hard for some people but these two situations are not mutually exclusive. You can have police dealing with rioters while simultaneously not destroying people's property. Try to wrap your head around that, I know you can do it, it's not to mentally taxing.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I'd probably just sue for 1200 for my tires, a day off work and court costs/legal fees.

They have the ability to throw a boot on the cars if needed.
Which isn't justified either.

This is just being a douche nozzle.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You would think that News Reporters would need to get proper permitting to be able to film a protest or riots.

Proper permitting? What TF are you on about? It's the First Amendment, FFS.

The cops were not stopping the people from protesting by slashing the tires of the people at the protest, in fact, they were stopping them from not protesting.

I will say this once more, if the news is broadcasting live coverage of a riot, it shows how many police are there and by that, it shows how little police are elsewhere. They should require that News at protests is not live for that reason. If a real lot of cops are at the protest, then there are hardly any cops in some other neighborhoods and that can lead to way more breakins elsewhere or breaking in other stores elsewhere or arson or just about anything. This endangers people away from the actual rioting.

Think how this would apply to you at home watching TV as someone breaks into your house knowing the police are all somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

They should require that News at protests is not live for that reason.

You sound like a good little fascist.

The amount of government stoolies abounding is astonishing.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Spacespider

And the tires will get payed for by the state.

I’d be willing to bet a G that you’re wrong about this.

The state is not going to pay for your tires in a case like this. Your insurance does. If there are actual crimes going on the police can do just about anything like this to keep the criminals from getting away. They would not be doing this if no law was being broken.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

They should require that News at protests is not live for that reason.

You sound like a good little fascist.

The amount of government stoolies abounding is astonishing.

So, you believe that everyone should be put more in danger because of freedom of the press to post something as it is happening. I bet that there are some theives have their eyes glued to the internet to try to figure if it is safe to go rob someplace without getting caught. The presence of police in a neighborhood deters more crime than it actually stops directly.

If everyone was honest, we would not need police to stop crime. If everyone thought exactly the same we would not need police and courts to settle disputes either. If people did not get sick, we would not need hospitals either. But that is the world we live in, some people are not honest, some people love creating civil unrest, some people will screw someone over to gain profit, and people get sick no matter how well they eat.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Why is the breaking news ?

This is standard tactic in a hot situation where cars can be used as potential weapons against your teammates.
They do not want to risk someone with a key jumps into the car when they walked by and runs into them from behind.
Clamps... oh please, in a situation like this.. they are not going to carry clamps around and waste time on that.
This is normal and this is quick and effective, and the car owner will get refunded when that party is over.

Does slashing the tyres prevent cars from starting or moving?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So, you believe that everyone should be put more in danger because of freedom of the press to post something as it is happening.

I believe in zero compromises in the Constitution of the United States.

That clear enough for you?

edit on 9-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In these dirty democrat controlled cities the PTA makes a small group of cops go out and commit outrages intentionally to keep the animus high. This is not regular police procedure but done intentionally with certain goals in mind.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Like antifa, on taxpayer money.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So, you believe that everyone should be put more in danger because of freedom of the press to post something as it is happening.

Well, here is an article explaining the use of the first Amendment. These determinations go way back. Freedom of speech does not apply to certain things. www.britannica.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I know this is really, really hard for some people but these two situations are not mutually exclusive. You can have police dealing with rioters while simultaneously not destroying people's property. Try to wrap your head around that, I know you can do it, it's not to mentally taxing.

So, your justifying the property damage and the destruction of whole businesses and factories by those rioting? What’s a tire in the way of social justice for those losing livelihoods. How many vulnerable individuals lives are now at risk from the loss of tax revenue for welfare programs?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Then your outraged by the abuses concerning fake Russia collusion investigations. And those destroying rightfully owned property during rioting?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i mean if the whole institution which is the basis of your whole career is basically under threat and you're being asked to do dangerous stuff to protect the people who are putting your career in jeopardy, why would you have any reason to put in much effort? wouldn't you just do the minimum necessary, like instead of putting yourself at risk to stop a car, just slash tires ahead of time and avoid the danger altogether. why would you care about being suspended or fired when you're likely to be out of a job anyway. without motivation humans could care less about doing their job properly.
edit on 9-6-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And isn’t having a car on a city street a privilege. It’s not a right. Is that false? So, what’s the difference of a rim being damaged from being clamped, or a car being damaged If it had to be towed?

XL5

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why not have a rubber plug that squishes outward when a key or special tool is turned and just plug the cars exhaust.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join