It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Elliott on what everyone can do to fight racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Jaellma

Oh geeez.

Long time wound slowly healing? Pick at it, poke at it. Over and over and over and over....

Yeah, I expected these sort of responses. Denial and jokes around this issue. Care to discuss what you have done in the recent past to help fight racism?

Here is the truth. We are all racist to varying degrees.

But honestly I am way more classist than racist. I hate stupid people. They make me crazy. You know the people that make endless stupid life decisions, like smoking weed everyday or being alcoholics (which I am a recovered one since my early 20's). People that are too stupid to show up to work on time or at all on a consistent basis and then wonder why you are firing then after you warned them 3 times what was going to happen if they didn't make different choices.

People who have endless children with no thought to how they are going to feed them or provide for them.

People who wear there pants hanging off of their asses because they think they look cool.

Dumbasses.

If there was a KKK equivalent for burning crosses on idiots lawns I would be first in line at the big dumb white hat shop.

Race doesn't matter to me nearly as much as whether you make good life choices. I would much rather spend my time with insert non dumbass non white race here than any dumbass white person.

I am guilty! Of being an IQist.

Very good post. I respect your views and your approach.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Maybe. Context?

We going to circle back to the original discussion orrrr......?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Maybe. Context?

We going to circle back to the original discussion orrrr......?

Anytime. I am here to discuss this. If someone says they combat an issue by not being a part of the issue I would question them more and be more intrigued on how they actually do it especially if the issue surrounds them every day.

Let me ask you another question? If you have children or grandchildren, have you imparted to them issues on racism, how to handle it and if you have, what exactly were your words to them?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If someone says they combat an issue by not being a part of the issue I would question them more and be more intrigued on how they actually do it especially if the issue surrounds them every day.

Not being racist is enough. Well, unless you had a cure, which is what my whole point in this discussion is.

Let me ask you another question? If you have children or grandchildren, have you imparted to them issues on racism, how to handle it and if you have, what exactly were your words to them?

No my kids aren't racist. Are yours? What do you do to ensure they are not racist, by your calculations?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If someone says they combat an issue by not being a part of the issue I would question them more and be more intrigued on how they actually do it especially if the issue surrounds them every day.

Not being racist is enough. Well, unless you had a cure, which is what my whole point in this discussion is.

No my kids aren't racist. Are yours? What do you do to ensure they are not racist, by your calculations?

You are at expert at dodging questions and answering a question with another question.

I can sense you are uncomfortable with my questions and that's understandable. It's a very touchy subject and one that most people have not really had time to discuss with other people of differing backgrounds.

I never implied your kids are racists. I am merely asking what knowledge you have imparted to them just so in the event they encounter an issue of that level, how would they be able to deal with it. It is a simple but very important question.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think it was Morgan Freeman who said

If you want to end racism, stop fkucen talking about it.

Maybe the media needs to be the ones to take that first step.
If a crime is committed, why even mention the race at all?
Do some people need to know the race of a random person on the news? Is it somehow pertinent?

How about “police officer arrested and charged with murder”. No mention of race at all.

Ever.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Your kidding, right? Is this the kind of crap yall get up to in the cities? With all those clubs and stuff youd think youd have better stuff to do than social studies homework for fun.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You are at expert at dodging questions and answering a question with another question.

Hmm, reading back I see where I answered your question and then asked one myself. Kind of like a...discussion.

Conversely, you've dodged all my questions. To me, seems like projection.

I can sense you are uncomfortable with my questions and that's understandable. It's a very touchy subject and one that most people have not really had time to discuss with other people of differing backgrounds.

May want to re-evaluate those senses. I'm plenty comfortable and it's not a touchy subject. Combined with the above statement, it stands to reason that it is you who is having the difficulty.

I never implied your kids are racists. I am merely asking what knowledge you have imparted to them just so in the event they encounter an issue of that level, how would they be able to deal with it.

It's not an issue. Reducing people to a skin color just isn't how we operate.

It is a simple but very important question.

To who, you? Why?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey, there is Wokeness happening here!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hell...my oldest son told me today i didnt do enough for racism. I pointed out that i don't do anything being chronically ill. Shoulda asked him why he hasnt come to visit, but it would only keep him from coming to visit. Lol, i knew it was a liberal arts degree, but jeez...i sent him to Texas Tech. I didnt expect "wokescold your parents" liberal arts.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sounds similar and topical.

I'm still waiting to find out how we identify and cure racists and racism.

Does your boy know?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He still thinks that democrats care about anyone, or that anyone in government gives a crap. He said something about needing to vote or something.

I vowed in 1992 that until they put Perot back on the ballot i wouldnt vote again. So here i stand. I saw through the sham then and just dont feel i should validate it with my participation.

Although im active in local elections.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Sounds similar and topical.

I'm still waiting to find out how we identify and cure racists and racism.

Does your boy know?

I think we already covered this or are you forgetting? You can only educate, not cure. It's not a disease that has an antidote or magic bullet. Can you cure ignorance or can you raise awareness and educate?

Tell me how you came to the assumption there may be a cure, as you call it?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hmm, reading back I see where I answered your question and then asked one myself. Kind of like a...discussion.

Conversely, you've dodged all my questions. To me, seems like projection.

May want to re-evaluate those senses. I'm plenty comfortable and it's not a touchy subject. Combined with the above statement, it stands to reason that it is you who is having the difficulty.

I never implied your kids are racists. I am merely asking what knowledge you have imparted to them just so in the event they encounter an issue of that level, how would they be able to deal with it.

It's not an issue. Reducing people to a skin color just isn't how we operate.

It is a simple but very important question.

To who, you? Why?

I answered all your questions. You have not answered anything really and are just touching on what you feel may be answers. I gotta say I am very disappointed with your back and forth efforts.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Edited
edit on 6/5/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Do red pajamas go better with purple or pink sandals? How does teflon stick to the pan?

I think my plants are doing well and am looking forward to making salsa.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I thought we were learning. Maybe your soapbox puts you just out of earshot, idk.

Sorry to disappoint.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Do red pajamas go better with purple or pink sandals? How does teflon stick to the pan?

I think my plants are doing well and am looking forward to making salsa.

Assuming you are not black...You may have done some of this listed but feel free to chime in.

1. If you have any black friends or family members, have you engaged them in any discussion about race? Have you asked them if they have ever been racially profiled? Have you asked what you can do to help that situation?

2. Have you challenged other people in your circle to think critically about racism? When you thought NFL players were cowards by kneeling and you were challenged on that thought did you go back and ask anyone why your thoughts appeared harsh or insensitive?

3. Have you called out and challenged any perceived "white privilege" incidents in your past that you may have witnessed firsthand? If so, how did you handle it?

4. Have you written to your state legislator about decriminalizing marijuana? African Americans are disproportionately arrested more for weed possession.

There are many more things I want to ask but duty calls, if you know what I mean. Let's continue later.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A friend who moved to Montreal says there isn't much racism there.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Have you asked what you can do to help that situation?

Really?
Isnt that the problem with this whole situation.

Jane Elliot explains how people get put into their child state with little tricks and how it's used in racism often unknowingly.

I think this is a perfect example of that.

"hello black man, as a white man I can cure what ails ya. How can I help?"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join