It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If the left had any chance of defeating Trump in the upcoming elections, these recent riots and the reluctance to condemn the violence has now vaporized any remaining chance, so congratulations. I typically defend Trump on most issues but some of his recent actions and comments have made it increasingly hard, I was actually close to creating a thread criticizing Trump and Republicans for supporting mass surveillance and a few other issues. Then I saw a video of a gang of rioters brutally beating up a female business owner and a black business owner crying after losing everything. It reminded me exactly why I hold the stance I hold and why I side with Trump despite being a centrist libertarian.

As I was watching a video of the rioters throw bricks at cop cars I felt a deep sense of futility underpinned by my sense of empathy for both the police and the rioters. I tend to dislike many cops because they are adult bullies who picked a job which gives them power over other people, and they often abuse that power. I've never really talked about this but my teenage years were pretty chaotic, my group of friends weren't the greatest influence, I was arrested multiple times for things like robbery. Our general attitude was "f*** the police" because from our perspective they were the enemy, they didn't like us nor us them. Then I grew up and realized how absolutely wrong I was.

Being a cop takes more courage than nearly any other job, they put their lives at risk every day to protect all of us. It is one of the most honorable and respectable lines of a work a person can choose and the number of lives saved far outweighs the lives taken by police. To demonize all of them due to the actions of a small number of cops just doesn't make sense. Perhaps having that sort of anti-cop mentality is the inherent reason why the cops target minority communities with that mentality. It may be a controversial statement but it's absolutely true, the first step to improve the quality of your life is to appreciate those who risk their life to prevent us from decaying into anarchy.

In my teenage years I considered myself somewhat of an anarchist, in a way I still do because I like to live by my own rules and loath the government telling me how to live my life. But there comes a point where you have to accept some sort of civility and social stability, more importantly we learn to judge people on an individual basis and we grow to see the good in people even if they have a job we may not fully agree with. What I fear most is that this is only the beginning sparks of a much larger fire which will spread much further, especially when Trump gets re-elected. This recent pandemic situation has shown people that the fabric of society can be completely torn apart at any time.

I also think it's very likely that mass unemployment is a large factor behind all these looters, countless people have been out of work for months and now we're seeing some of the consequences of that. The prolonged isolation probably doesn't help either, I wrote several threads warning that people are slowly being driven insane and riots will only get worse if things don't reopen soon. Obviously these riots aren't a direct result of the lockdowns, but I believe it's certainly a factor which has inflamed the situation. The lockdowns are easing and it seems like the entire pandemic is now being overshadowed by these riots. If they aren't controlled we may not see normality for a while yet.

edit on 4/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mostly people from the left in these riots and anti Trumps..
And with all the looting and killing, I believe this will all go in Trumps Favor.
People see the true face and oh boy.. it is scary to look at.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
However... Sadly, enough people, media, politicians are spinning this in a way to where Trump may not have a chance.

I'm afraid they may have finally done what they've been trying to do all this time, with these riots.

AND... If that hair sniffin pedo wins this race, I will have officially lost all hope in mankind and will no longer consider myself an American. I'll consider myself a stranger in a strange land... here because I have no other valid options to choose from.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

was actually close to creating a thread criticizing Trump and Republicans for supporting mass surveillance and a few other issues. Then I saw a video of a gang of rioters brutally beating up a female business owner and a black business owner crying after losing everything. It reminded me exactly why I hold the stance I hold and why I side with Trump despite being a centrist libertarian.

Well, as a libertarian I guess it’s great you’ll no longer be criticizing Republicans for supporting mass surveillance.

Because of something else.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

There is going to be time for that.

Cities are burning now.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

All this mess started the moment they finally accepted their stupid candidate has zero chances.

They want a coup detat now. Another libtard fantasy.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They are going full re$%$$.

How would you feel if you were white, had children, and then CNN had some clown on to tell white parents that they need to shame their children and those children deserve to lose their innocence???

I tried finding the original CNN piece but it seems elusive so this guy goes at it and it most likely won't be appealing to some. But if we are going to talk about racism, let's have a look at how deceptive this agenda is.

CNN: White Children ‘Don’t Deserve Innocence

Go to 2:44 in the video. This is on CNN!

These are the same people saying Trump is creating the division mind you.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well, as a libertarian I guess it’s great you’ll no longer be criticizing Republicans for supporting mass surveillance.

I'll still be criticizing them where appropriate, I just don't feel quite as motivated to write in detail about it now.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

as a dedacated lefty whats your take on the situatian is trump doing enough to contain the situation or do you think biden could have done better and how a serious qustion im not trying to bait you

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I disagree; the brow beating of Trump supporters have gone into over drive the last month.

COVID started it with "Trump supporters are killing people because they don't want to ware masks".

But with these riots the brow beatings in the regular media and all over my social media has gone way up.

It's 6 months until the elections; do most Trump supporters have what it takes to endure the onslaught of nasty politics that awaits them?

In 2006 Trump supposedly had no chance in hell of winning and yet his supporters where called every dirty name in the book 24/7 in the media in the hopes that they would be shamed into staying home.

Now many Democratic strategists are worried Trump might actually win again given the sorry state of their candidate and the prospect of a rebounding economy. They are going to pull all the stops out this time in the hopes of shaming and scaring Trump supporters to stay home in November.

I see it working for them this time.
edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been predicting this since the riots started.

The initial perception is blurred because people are angry, but after a few days, as with all things, people carry on.

However, the riot instigators have taken control and rode the wave in, using the peaceful protest as a spring board.

Now, the message all but lost and scenes of business, livelihoods and unarmed people being beaten and killed.

The standown orders and helpless Democrats in power are paralyzed to the core on what to do without losing their voter base.

Meanwhile, Trumps offensive push on law and order via Military is actually a welcoming thought, if the police can do nothing, who will?

My only criticism is that Trump could offer a more tempered tone, but nonetheless, his approach is effective and continues to remind us that Trump is Trump, a constant I appreciate, it has helped me build hypotheticals on potential actions and I haven't been all that far off.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I find it funny, (as in funny peculiar) that the rioters seem to vanish before being detained, while the non-violent, and innocent protesters get charged at, fisted, knocked down, batoned, tear gassed equivalent, struck with police shields and rubber bullets in the neck....by the police, at the behest of Trump's cue.

I wonder how the learning curve gets so twisted, when the elephant in the room is so obviously in the White House.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's unfortunate Trump is absolutely failing at addressing the george floyd situation. Like OP said, those videos of riot violence can be heartbreaking. And police can't let rioters run wild. But the way trump acts and talks is like he has no comprehension on how to alleviate social tensions.

Yes, biden sucks too.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Any leader could send in the troops to dispel protesters. Only a good leader can use his or her words and non-military actions to alleviate a situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I find it funny, (as in funny peculiar) that the rioters seem to vanish before being detained, while the non-violent, and innocent protesters get charged at, fisted, knocked down, batoned, tear gassed equivalent, struck with police shields and rubber bullets in the neck....by the police, at the behest of Trump's cue.

I wonder how the learning curve gets so twisted, when the elephant in the room is so obviously in the White House.

Why don't you put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the actual people responsible? The looters and rioters. Almost everything you just attributed to Trump is false. I don't care if it had been Bush or Obama or even Clinton, the lies from your side are disgusting.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you said. except the anarchy bit.

can I invite you to check this out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It's unfortunate Trump is absolutely failing at addressing the george floyd situation.

Really? Your ignorance stuns me. Let's separate this in to the two elements that it is. One element is people protesting the death of a Black man at the hands of the Police. I saw the video. This element actually has my support. I went to a protest in my hometown last Sunday. A peaceful protest.

Then we have element two. The violent rioting, the burning of buildings and cars, people being beaten, businesses being robbed and destroyed. This I don't support.

Now we have Mayors, local politicians, DA's and Governors supporting BOTH elements. You have a representative of Black Lives Matter stating that they targeted their protests at the affluent areas of Los Angeles knowing damn well that the riots and robberies would follow. You have piles of pavers, stones and bricks showing up mysteriously in areas of rioting. This isn't a spontaneous thing. You have protest leaders picking the sites of their protests, to enable rioters and thieves. This is a planned orchestrated attack and yet the people responsible for maintaining order are openly supporting it, and you have the BALLS to tell me that Trump is failing at addressing this?

IT ISN'T HIS PROBLEM TO ADDRESS!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Arnie123

Any leader could send in the troops to dispel protesters. Only a good leader can use his or her words and non-military actions to alleviate a situation.

I would generally agree with this sentiment, I think a peaceful solution is usually the best solution, but I really don't think there's anything Trump could say that would make them relax. I just watched a video of Trump saying we must differentiate between the violent protesters and real protesters because the real protest is being exploited to commit crime, and he takes every opportunity to show his respects to the family of George. The only thing Trump can really do is show he's willing to use force so that's what he's doing. If the MSM and Dems widely condemn the violence and looting then maybe it will enter into their cranium and make them to dial it back, but instead they are trying to convince people the protests aren't violent or that any violence is just right-wing agitators.
edit on 4/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

With all the mail-in voting planned for this election...I doubt voters will have any influence on who wins.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
If the left had any chance of defeating Trump in the upcoming elections, these recent riots and the reluctance to condemn the violence

Untrue.

But I do recall Trump actively inciting violence with his "when the looting starts, the shooting starts".

Also, there have been several arrests of ultra-right-wing 5th columnists using the protests as cover for their false flag operations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

has now vaporized any remaining chance, so congratulations. I typically defend Trump on most issues but some of his recent actions and comments have made it increasingly hard, I was actually close to creating a thread criticizing Trump and Republicans for supporting mass surveillance and a few other issues. Then I saw a video of a gang of rioters brutally beating up a female business owner and a black business owner crying after losing everything. It reminded me exactly why I hold the stance I hold and why I side with Trump despite being a centrist libertarian.

The rioters and the protesters are two different groups. The looters, rioters, thugs, and vandals are opportunistic criminals who are not, in any way, supporting what the protesters are hoping to achieve.

As I was watching a video of the rioters throw bricks at cop cars I felt a deep sense of futility underpinned by my sense of empathy for both the police and the rioters. I tend to dislike many cops because they are adult bullies who picked a job which gives them power over other people, and they often abuse that power. I've never really talked about this but my teenage years were pretty chaotic, my group of friends weren't the greatest influence, I was arrested multiple times for things like robbery. Our general attitude was "f*** the police" because from our perspective they were the enemy, they didn't like us nor us them. Then I grew up and realized how absolutely wrong I was.

Being a cop takes more courage than nearly any other job, they put their lives at risk every day to protect all of us. It is one of the most honorable and respectable lines of a work a person can choose and the number of lives saved far outweighs the lives taken by police. To demonize all of them due to the actions of a small number of cops just doesn't make sense. Perhaps having that sort of anti-cop mentality is the inherent reason why the cops target minority communities with that mentality. It may be a controversial statement but it's absolutely true, the first step to improve the quality of your life is to appreciate those who risk their life to prevent us from decaying into anarchy.

Yes, the majority of the police are good people. But it does not excuse the actions of the minority. We need to work with the police to remove these people, and that means being hyper-aware of attitudes that turn a blind eye to police brutality because of their loyalty to the 'tribe' (who would never condone such injustices).

In my teenage years I considered myself somewhat of an anarchist, in a way I still do because I like to live by my own rules and loath the government telling me how to live my life. But there comes a point where you have to accept some sort of civility and social stability, more importantly we learn to judge people on an individual basis and we grow to see the good in people even if they have a job we may not fully agree with. What I fear most is that this is only the beginning sparks of a much larger fire which will spread much further, especially when Trump gets re-elected. This recent pandemic situation has shown people that the fabric of society can be completely torn apart at any time.

I also think it's very likely that mass unemployment is a large factor behind all these looters, countless people have been out of work for months and now we're seeing some of the consequences of that. The prolonged isolation probably doesn't help either, I wrote several threads warning that people are slowly being driven insane and riots will only get worse if things don't reopen soon. Obviously these riots aren't a direct result of the lockdowns, but I believe it's certainly a factor which has inflamed the situation. The lockdowns are easing and it seems like the entire pandemic is now being overshadowed by these riots. If they aren't controlled we may not see normality for a while yet.

Yes, unemployment is a big factor. The number of business owners who, instead of riding out a temporary lockdown, shed staff (and also probably requested government support) is indicative of the danger of a pure profit motive taking precedence over people's lives. I'm as Capitalist as the next guy, but surely money is of less value than people.

edit on 4/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join