It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Labeling Antifa a Terrorist Org Terrifies Me

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: network dude
so what I'm reading here, by the left leaning posters who seem to have intimate knowledge of ANTIFA, is that ANTIFA isn't a real group, they don't have real member, and they don't really assemble and do anything.

So if they aren't real, isn't this just like calling the Easter Bunny a domestic terrorist?

Then you're not reading very well outside your filter.

"ANTIFA" is not a centralized group, but a collection of groups.

Like the KKK, Proud Boys, etc. Except of course "ANTIFA" is anti-fascist, while those groups are fascist.

It's really tired to claim that because a member doesn't buy into the narrative you and the gang are pushing that we're either "leftists" or "ANTIFA sympathizers" or anything ... particularly when most of you are endorsing state terrorism.

Just saying.

Why would an anti-fascist beat up someone who doesn't think like them? That would be a fascist thing to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

so what I'm reading here, by the left leaning posters who seem to have intimate knowledge of ANTIFA, is that ANTIFA isn't a real group, they don't have real member, and they don't really assemble and do anything.

So if they aren't real, isn't this just like calling the Easter Bunny a domestic terrorist?

"ANTIFA" is anti-fascist, while those groups are fascist.

LOL

We know we know, your left wing terrorists friends are the good guys! They are beating shop owners and burning down their shops to fight fascism

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So the rioting was a response to some of their comrades being unjustly arrested prior to their friendly little protest? Pretty hard (I'd say impossible) to believe. And pretty stupid if you're trying to make a point about big bad Trump. Another thing, how did Trump manage to mobilize the DC cops to arrest these fools when he hadn't even been sworn in yet? Ooops big fail for you.

link   
It's pretty easy to spot the propagandists for state terror here.

They use vague meaningless terms like "ANTIFA" and "The Left" to act as placeholders for "Bull# I have no Evidence For."

Watch out for those people. They're getting desperate. Trump has played his cards. He's made it clear he's an enemy of the Constitution and the People of the United States.

They can't hide behind "not being political" or "libertarian" anymore.

link   
a reply to: network dude

Basically.

We all know there are actually white supremacists, but we also know that when they put in a country-wide muster, the best they seem to be able to manage is a few thousand at most. There have been individuals who have done things like the ones who carried out attacks on synagogues, but they acted alone when they did it.

This is a coordinated effort that takes individuals working together. I'd say that this group or groups is at least as populated and coordinated as the Weather Underground.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm referring to the evidence that was brought against the #J20 defendants. Edited video to make people look guilty and evidence withheld that exonerated them. That happened without a doubt and it played out in a courtroom for all to see.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'm referring to the evidence that was brought against the #J20 defendants. Edited video to make people look guilty and evidence withheld that exonerated them. That happened without a doubt and it played out in a courtroom for all to see.

Is that the only evidence that Antifa doesn't exist?

I'm having a hard time understanding.

I can tell you that in Portland, Antifa is very organized and has been for years.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thats the differnce between them and us.

They know we will try to call out abuses when"our side does it"

SO they push for a situation, like ignoring or defending left wing terrorists, and then say anything we want done to them goes against our civil liberty minded beliefs. And so we hear them out and struggle to come up with the best possible solution.

Meanwhile they are encumbered by principles and want to apply them consistently.

Theyll complain locking up someone in a riot who may have been peacefully protesting is terrifying and tyrannical, while they cheer for their political party to weaponize the intel community to go after their political opponents.

Once you embrace the moral superiority of these leftists, small things like holding yourself to the same standards you hold others to is no longer necessary. The next thing you know you are defending our ingoring riots, and freaking out cause trump took a photo at a church.

"By any means necessary"

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Generally when protesters are arrested they're held for a few hours and then released. In this case however the freshly inaugurated Trump administration had them charged with "conspiracy to riot."

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

LOL

We know we know, your left wing terrorists friends are the good guys! They are beating shop owners and burning down their shops to fight fascism

You call them my "left wing terrorist friends" ... I call the protesters Americans who have had enough.

Your posts are on record as a state terrorist sympathizer. I believe you well know you've tipped your hand.

So ... keep desperately trying to distract from the facts with the repetition.

A few hints if you're willling to learn anything about NLP. First of all, you overdo it.

The constant droning on about "leftist this and that" in these posts is irritating, not convincing. The only readers you're attracting to that tactic are those who are already extremists. These posts COMPLETELY fail in terms of growing your audience.

Your posts, and apparent ideology, is extremist. Your posts are not faithful to the US Constitution, and further have expressed clearly your willingness to lie in the attempt to advance your political agenda.

To what end, I'm not sure. You're not winning anything. A few groupies maybe.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Was there a riot?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

Generally when protesters are arrested they're held for a few hours and then released. In this case however the freshly inaugurated Trump administration had them charged with "conspiracy to riot."

State terror requires that any dissention be dominated and punished as severely as possible.

Trump is a very obvious state terrorist at this point. If he's successful, the US will become a rogue nation.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that the only evidence that Antifa doesn't exist?

I'm having a hard time understanding.

I can tell you that in Portland, Antifa is very organized and has been for years.

How many members in the Portland "ANTIFA" do you figure?

10? 20?

How do they coordinate with other groups nationwide? And what is the source of the evidence for this, anything?

Or is it your opinion?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can Google the news stories about Portland Antifa.

*shrugs*

So it's your assertion that they don't exist?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

LOL

You call them my "left wing terrorist friends" ... I call the protesters Americans who have had enough.

And there you have it!

All that violence, burning, looting and killing you see, those are just protestors who have had enough

So if you want them stopped, you are an authoritarian.

Thanks for proving what I have been saying about you supporting these left wing terrorists.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

LOL

And there you have it!

All that violence, burning, looting and killing you see, those are just protestors who have had enough

So if you want them stopped, you are an authoritarian.

Thanks for proving what I have been saying about you supporting these left wing terrorists.

I'd ask you to quote me, but you'd just keep increasing the level of screech.

The violence, by and large, is not protesters. You know that as well as I do.

You, and other sympathizers with state terrorism, are desperate to conflate the two, because all dissent is to be DOMINATED in the authoritarian Trump regime.

Calling these posts lies is getting redundant.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's good to know that Antifa, terrorist, protesters and democrats are all one and the same.

Glad I"m a Libertarian. All hail gov. Johnson.
edit on 3-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can Google the news stories about Portland Antifa.

*shrugs*

So it's your assertion that they don't exist?

You brought them into the discussion as evidence but don't really know anything about them?

Fair enough. I don't need to Google to back up your argument for you DB.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's my evidence that this administration has used the Justice Department to target people on the Left and then used unconstitutional methods in an attempt to imprison them.

If they had no problem doing something like that the first day on the job why should we expect them to be judicious with applying the label of terrorist to "Antifa members."

I put it in quotes because, as I said in my OP, there's no national structure, there's no leadership, there's no membership rolls or dues, there's no official meetings, etc. So how do you actually label someone as a member? If someone gets arrested at a protest and they're one of those 1.3 million users that visited the DisruptJ20 site should they now be charged as a terrorist?

It makes a very slippery slope when you use such a nebulous term to label someone a terrorist. There are certainly groups that identify as antifa that take part in political violence. There are other groups who primarily feed the homeless. Are both groups now terrorists because they're both antifa?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: oloufo

Standing against Nazis face to face...Have you ever
had a loaded gun pointed at you? I have and it wasn't
an experience you forget overnight.
Have you stood up against Nazis face to face,or are you
an internet warrior?

its normal in germany to protest when nazis are marching... so, yes i stand up against nazis. not face to face because police always try to separate both groups.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join